HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 10, 2012, 04:38 PM
Australia, VIC, Metung
Joined Oct 2008
670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jglover View Post
Nice! I may have to look into that.. yeah, everyone around here seems to want to fly at the beach.. Im just like, ya know.. too many variables right now for me to fly at the beach... lol
I'll see if I can find a link. "Hey, I've gotta go, think my plane's calling me"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GSM-GPRS-GPS...-/120683470786

A bit bigger than a postage stamp and you have to go down in a call coverage area too.
wingsnapa is offline Find More Posts by wingsnapa
Last edited by wingsnapa; Jun 10, 2012 at 04:49 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 11, 2012, 10:43 AM
Joined May 2004
717 Posts
I will try to post a picture of my siren. It is basically a very small siren in a piece of PVC tube. It about 1/4" wide by 4" long tube. It has a servo plug on the end. It monitors a valid signal from the receiver. If I signal pulse is detected, the siren goes off. Once the pulse width is valid, it shuts off the siren. Very simple and these are commercially available.

Quote:
I got the Siren at Radio Shack. They're in the pullout drawers they have set up with all the connectors and stuff. Its operating voltage is 7-14V and its 108 Decibles. Its loud. The smaller ones arent loud at all, more like a buzzing niose, but this one will blow your ears out. Put the 1/3 Camera in there for size comparrison
Tony97 is offline Find More Posts by Tony97
Old Jun 11, 2012, 10:46 AM
Joined May 2004
717 Posts
Here is one from HK (no PVC) but same basically.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ne_Finder.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony97 View Post
I will try to post a picture of my siren. It is basically a very small siren in a piece of PVC tube. It about 1/4" wide by 4" long tube. It has a servo plug on the end. It monitors a valid signal from the receiver. If I signal pulse is detected, the siren goes off. Once the pulse width is valid, it shuts off the siren. Very simple and these are commercially available.
Tony97 is offline Find More Posts by Tony97
Old Jun 11, 2012, 09:42 PM
United States, FL, Daytona Beach
Joined Feb 2012
196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony97 View Post
Here is one from HK (no PVC) but same basically.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ne_Finder.html
Yeah, but can you hear it at a high altitude considering conditions like wind and so on?
jglover is offline Find More Posts by jglover
Old Jun 11, 2012, 09:46 PM
Joined Feb 2012
196 Posts
Hey guys..... guess what I got in the mail today!!!!!! On the build as we speak. Gonna make it a double boom tail this time seeings how it flew alot better last time with it. Hopefully Ill have it all together in a few days and Ill post some pics. AND I PRAY TO JESUS that I dont go through with this one, what I went through with the last one Oh yeah, the packing tape, hinge tape, duct tape... none of its sticking to the foam. Any ideas for hinges, without actually using hinges?
Old Jun 11, 2012, 10:06 PM
Team Basement-RC
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jan 2011
1,957 Posts
Quote:
Hey guys..... guess what I got in the mail today!!!!!! On the build as we speak. Gonna make it a double boom tail this time seeings how it flew alot better last time with it. Hopefully Ill have it all together in a few days and Ill post some pics. AND I PRAY TO JESUS that I dont go through with this one, what I went through with the last one Oh yeah, the packing tape, hinge tape, duct tape... none of its sticking to the foam. Any ideas for hinges, without actually using hinges?
Originally, I just left the aileron as it was and folded it back and forth many times, so it was easy to push. After I crashed and tore an aileron, I sanded the wing down. After sanding, packing tape stuck just fine.
Tracks is offline Find More Posts by Tracks
Old Jun 12, 2012, 12:17 AM
Joined Feb 2012
196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
Originally, I just left the aileron as it was and folded it back and forth many times, so it was easy to push. After I crashed and tore an aileron, I sanded the wing down. After sanding, packing tape stuck just fine.
Cool deal.. Ill scrub her down then..
Old Jun 12, 2012, 02:42 AM
Australia, VIC, Metung
Joined Oct 2008
670 Posts
Quote:
Look up 'hot glue hinge' method. Should be a 'how to' on RCG. Im at 10hours plus air time with no failures. Thank god for that superfly build many years ago. It is hands down, the best way to hinge EPP.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 07:21 PM
Joined Feb 2012
196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnapa View Post
Look up 'hot glue hinge' method. Should be a 'how to' on RCG. Im at 10hours plus air time with no failures. Thank god for that superfly build many years ago. It is hands down, the best way to hinge EPP.
Hot glue worked like a champ. Thans man
Old Jun 12, 2012, 07:46 PM
Team Basement-RC
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jan 2011
1,957 Posts
Quote:
Hot glue worked like a champ. Thans man
Hot glue works great, but up here in Canada, they would break in the winter.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 12:43 AM
Vulcan skyhook multirotor
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined Feb 2011
665 Posts
Does anyone fly this plane with the ardupilot Apm2 autopilot board?
Andre6553 is offline Find More Posts by Andre6553
Old Jun 13, 2012, 01:19 AM
Joined Feb 2012
196 Posts
Well, the build is almost done. Ill post some pics after I get it painted and all. Maybe two more days.. Wish my Dragon Link would hurry up and get here so I can get it all set up. Dont know if I want to Maiden it on 72 Mhz just for the thought of a signal interference and crash it. I did go with the T Tail mod again, but added a stab to the vertical fin.Eliminated the rubber bands and put nylon bolts in and also put the bolts in the canopy to hold it in place. Other than that, Im contemplating pulling the tail assembly out of the fuselage and running heat shrink all the way down the CF tube to hold the servo wires against it... hmmm... we'll see
Old Jun 13, 2012, 01:19 AM
Australia, VIC, Metung
Joined Oct 2008
670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
Hot glue works great, but up here in Canada, they would break in the winter.
All year round flying here in Oz
Old Jun 13, 2012, 02:45 PM
Team Basement-RC
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jan 2011
1,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnapa View Post
All year round flying here in Oz
Ya, but flying FPV from your nice warm car, while it's freezing cold outside makes you feel like you somehow beat the system, since the normally flying season is only about 6-8 months.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 11:55 PM
Joined Feb 2012
196 Posts
Well, I just have a few finishing touches left to do, but here she is... Im wondering also, should I mount the vTX on the tip of the wing and run the wire to the osd, or kee the vTX inside the plane and run a coax to the tip of the wing??? Any ideas?