SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by GimpyPilot, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 02, 2010, 12:37 AM
T-28C, Extra 300, Beast UMX
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2009
529 Posts
Discussion
Next Build, T-45C Goshawk

Well, I maidened my fun scale Parkzone T-28C Trojan 'Slinghsot Johnny III' over the weekend, and after some minor tweaks have it pretty well trimmed out. It flies very nice, especially when the gear are tucked up.

It is flying so nice in fact that I flew it in the low light of dusk this evening to check out the lighting. All went pretty well.

Still some adjustments to be made with the prop and the retracts, but it is very solid. With the gear down and the flaps at the landing setting, it settles into a wonderful descent profile that makes every landing a greaser, and it looks awesome making the dogleg to final with everything hanging.

I have decided that the next plane in my TRAWING (training wing) will be a T-45C Goshawk in the same/similar scale. Looking around, I have found that the Global Fly/Hobby King EPO T-45 is roughly the right scale (1:9.4 for span, 1:12.6 for length, averages to 1:11), and it can be had in a kit form which is very attractive since I have decided to build it as a pusher prop rather than an EDF to give better performance and longer flight times.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=12943

Build plan is as follows:
Modifications:
* Build the airframe from kit only, replace EDF with a pusher prop setup that can use the 2200 mAh 3S batteries I use in PZ T-28C and PZ Extra 300
* Cut trailing edge to have high throw ailerons and semi-scale flaps
* Cut leading edge to have semi-scale drooping slat (operate off of flaps servo)
* Install rudder
* Install retracts (HK/Fly Fly DSRs) with NWS, dual wheel front axle possible doors on nose gear, outer doors on mains
* Install semi-scale functional speedbrake (like BH F-86)
*Install scale non-moving tailhook
* Paint and graphics for T-45C, TRAWING 2 - VT-21 Redhawks, attached to USS Abraham Lincoln and NAS Kingsville (522, B, 996522), semi-scale push/step etc.
* AR700 Rx
* Full house light setup like the T-28C with scale lighting/locations for T-45C

After this I will scratch build a 1:11 scale USN T-6C Texan II from blue-cor FFF. It will be 36" long and have a 36" wingspan. I am torn about paint scheme since the current direction at USN is a high contrast orange and white scheme, but I prefer the original dark blue and white scheme.

New USN T-6C Scheme

Original USN T-6C Scheme

After that, I plan to do a GWS TA-4J as a pusher, the Starmax 70mm F/A-18C as a pusher, and then another Starmax F-5E, also as a pusher.
GimpyPilot is offline Find More Posts by GimpyPilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 21, 2010, 02:56 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=15170 need something helpful???
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon