HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 10, 2010, 02:45 PM
Eden valley England
Joined Apr 2009
195 Posts
Hi Eric, Thats interesting. I have a 2200 battery in mine but had to add half oz to the tail, maybe if I move the c/g to 44mil I will be able to loose a bit of tail weight. I will try it as it is for the maiden, which should be soon . The weather is much improved and the snow is melting fast. The forecast is for more sub zero temps next week ,so I will try for a maiden on Sunday, but that depends on the weather. sometimes when we get a change in the weather the wind can be quite strong.
fellwalker is offline Find More Posts by fellwalker
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2010, 02:50 PM
Eden valley England
Joined Apr 2009
195 Posts
This thread has gone very quiet?.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 03:37 PM
Hobbs, NM
Joined Sep 2003
102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fellwalker View Post
Everybody's out flying, maybe. I had a problem with the ASK-21 today: I was out cranking around through some loops, rolls, and cuban-8's and needed progressively more and more right trim to keep it from rolling off to the left. Landed, and found the left aileron servo was slipping gear teeth or something. By the time I'd used up most of the right trim, the left aileron surface was centering a good 1/4-inchabove fair.

Eric
GlideAngles is offline Find More Posts by GlideAngles
Old Dec 10, 2010, 05:15 PM
Eden valley England
Joined Apr 2009
195 Posts
Sounds like you needed all your flying skills Eric, You did well to get it down in one piece . Hope you get the problem sorted ,and let us know what went wrong. Dog walk for me now, then bed time. My how these weeks are flying by, I seem to be getting older a lot faster. lol. Bill.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 05:43 PM
Klassische Segelflugzeuge
Northern Vermont
Joined Jul 2010
1,394 Posts
Quote:
I've been busy as an elf every night fitting the first sticker set, photos should be this weekend, looks fantastic!
studioRS is offline Find More Posts by studioRS
Old Dec 11, 2010, 06:45 AM
Eden valley England
Joined Apr 2009
195 Posts
Sticker set sounds good, I will look foreward to seeing the photos.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 09:12 AM
Northern Vermont
Joined Jul 2010
1,394 Posts
Quote:
Sticker set sounds good, I will look foreward to seeing the photos.
Here are a few photos of applying the stickers yesterday. I'm writing a how-to apply these for my blog and planning to shoot some photos outside. Freezing rain at the moment and snow expected in the next few days. Most likely will have to shoot inside.

Sticker set is simple digital printed graphics on white German vinyl. Best to apply 3M clear packing tape (3850 series) down first and the apply stickers. The "AS K21" sticker by the canopy will get 3M packing tape over to protect from propeller.

Cheers, Thompson
http://www.kewlartdesigns.com
Last edited by studioRS; Dec 11, 2010 at 10:04 AM.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 09:43 AM
Hobbs, NM
Joined Sep 2003
102 Posts
Looking real good there, Thompson.

Eric
Old Dec 11, 2010, 03:52 PM
Eden valley England
Joined Apr 2009
195 Posts
Yep, looking very good.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 11:54 PM
Hobbs, NM
Joined Sep 2003
102 Posts
Stab attachment caution

Also, after my last flight with the ASK-21, I found the horizontal stabilizer loosening. Seems there's a small gap between the horizontal stab and the plastic seat under which the nut plate is installed, and once the horizontal stabilizer is seated on the vertical, further tightening of the attachment screw pulls the plate away from its glue joint. It'll get re-glued and shimmed before I fly again.

Cheers,
Eric
Old Dec 12, 2010, 11:30 PM
Northern Vermont
Joined Jul 2010
1,394 Posts
Latest sticker set. I like the Suisse flavor . I couldn't stand the brown un-finished look around the canopy and finished this off with some white Orocal vinyl. Now all I need is some proper scale pilot and co-pilot figures wearing some red bucket caps from Switzerland.

I also ended up covering the wingtips with 3M clear packaging tape first then applying red Avery vinyl over rather than using paint. I may have added a few ounces, but I really don't think it will hurt any performance. Layed a long strip of clear tape over each leading edge and over the aileron hinges. The clear tape goes down real well on this Art-Tech foam, almost like laminating it! If you use an x-acto #11, work the clear tape with small slits here and there, take your time, it comes out very nice.

@ Iflytailies - Thank you again for starting this thread!

Cheers, Thompson
Last edited by studioRS; Dec 12, 2010 at 11:41 PM.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 11:38 PM
Northern Vermont
Joined Jul 2010
1,394 Posts
I'd love to maiden this over the holiday. Forecast: Rain all today, turns to snow overnight, then colder and snow expected for the next 7+ days. Grrrr. at least I can dial everything in on the bench, install my OrangeRx, order up some extensions and program my DX6i.

This Art-Tech AS K-21 is worlds better in build quality than my ST-Model DG-1000. Wing mountings, foam quality, mouldings, everything. Very nice plane and I bet it will fly better too.

Cheers, Thompson
Old Dec 12, 2010, 11:50 PM
aka Schleppmeister
PA
Joined Feb 2006
1,932 Posts
Looks great. Yes, I am pleased with quality, too. Hope Art-Tech will come out with more scale gliders, although I would like to see Multiplex come out with a scale glider, they offer even better quality and flying characteristics!

http://iflytailies.jimdo.com/
iflytailies is offline Find More Posts by iflytailies
Old Dec 13, 2010, 06:43 AM
I have Imajinary Airplanes
7 Miles from Turkey Hill Slope, PA.
Joined Mar 2003
656 Posts
Thompson, love the graphics and appreciate your efforts here. I am looking forward to getting mine (whenever they are ready). No hurry as the weather is cold and windy, plus flying time limited with Holiday obligations.
soarntz is offline Find More Posts by soarntz
Old Dec 13, 2010, 07:20 AM
Northern Vermont
Joined Jul 2010
1,394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soarntz View Post
Thompson, love the graphics and appreciate your efforts here. I am looking forward to getting mine (whenever they are ready). No hurry as the weather is cold and windy, plus flying time limited with Holiday obligations.
Both sets were shipped on Friday USPS Priority Mail, should have them today or tomorrow. The blue set is getting a redo, I just didn't like the uber dark blue and have submitted to print out a lighter set to replace.

I'll try to get my instructions posted on how to apply the vinyl to my blog this week or next. At least you have these initial photos. Thanks again for the kudos on these, fun to do!

Indeed, holiday duties are keeping me busy too.