HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 30, 2010, 02:12 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,832 Posts
Download
Spektrum DX8 & DX7s Programming, Setups & SPM files.

DISCLAIMER
Attention - Safety First!
The model setup files provided here can greatly simplify setting up complex programming in your DX8 for you favourite aircraft. Because mechanical setups can vary on some types of models, it is your responsibility to ensure all controls are operating in the proper direction and within the manufacturers recommended throws. You should also take time to understand the anticipated flight characteristics for each flight mode that might be enabled .

Post your setup here, all setups posted are to be carefully reviewed and used AT YOUR OWN RISK .

ParkZone F4u Corsair with AR6200 and stock everything else.
Dual aileron wing with 30% Differential and Throttle Hold on the Mix/Hold switch.
No D/R rates BUT Expo setup for 25% Ailerons 20% Elevator 15% Rudder.
Gear channel is INH and a AIL > RUD mix is programmed for 100% rudder on the GEAR switch.
Timer to Count Down from 5:00 Tone/Vibe to start on Throttle Out 25%

Thatís how I fly my PKZ Corsair with the exception of Telemetry for the esc temps and Voltage but they are not programmed in this file. PM me if you need assistance with this setup.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Last edited by freechip; Feb 17, 2012 at 05:47 AM. Reason: All SPM file located here / UPDATED
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2010, 06:07 AM
Southport, England
Joined Oct 2010
107 Posts
Free chip is there any where else posting set ups? One of the main reasons I bought the DX8 was to share programmes.
davehalton is offline Find More Posts by davehalton
Old Dec 31, 2010, 08:13 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,832 Posts
All SPM files are to be used at you're own risk.

HH/SPEKTRUM has setups posted on Spektrum Community site BUT not sure who is supplying them so I started my own for one of the planes that I have that is very popular. So if you want to share some setup or are looking for help setting one one then post away...

If you are posting a setup PLZ indicate for what plane and describe what you have setup..
Last edited by freechip; Jan 25, 2011 at 08:29 PM.
Old Jan 04, 2011, 12:51 PM
Joined Mar 2007
9 Posts
Hi guys,

I don't want to upset anyone but I have setup a community site for users to upload and download DX8 setup files.

Www.dx8setups.co.uk
Www.dx8setups.co.uk/forum

Its got a forum bolted on for users to upload and download files.

So if anyone's interested in moderating and contributing then please let me know. It would be great if the site grows to have thousands of DX8 model setup files to share.
fitzylad is offline Find More Posts by fitzylad
Old Jan 04, 2011, 03:10 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,832 Posts
I think people mite be worried about using files from a unrelated source where as files from the spektrum comminuty have only been provided by Spektrum approve sources. Atleast thats what I think is going on...
Old Jan 08, 2011, 05:48 AM
United States, CO, Lakewood
Joined Mar 2007
3,013 Posts
Hummm? I would think this would be more popular. However I see what you mean freechip. Not sure if they can be trusted here or from anything but HH. So far I've only given out my setups by request.
ColoradoHeliNut is offline Find More Posts by ColoradoHeliNut
Old Jan 08, 2011, 08:10 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,832 Posts
Exactly, with the popularity of the DX8 threads I taught for sure this would of taken off but anyways its all good. Even with HH provided files you still need to take a look at the setting to make sure you understand what you have just downloaded but most fail to do so and just assume everything will work when they get them directly.

See something different?

Old Jan 22, 2011, 01:47 PM
Oh - yeah, I meant to do that
Central NY
Joined Feb 2008
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzylad View Post
Hi guys,

I don't want to upset anyone but I have setup a community site for users to upload and download DX8 setup files.

Www.dx8setups.co.uk
Www.dx8setups.co.uk/forum

Its got a forum bolted on for users to upload and download files.

So if anyone's interested in moderating and contributing then please let me know. It would be great if the site grows to have thousands of DX8 model setup files to share.
Thanks for the Site ---
e_airman is offline Find More Posts by e_airman
Old Jan 25, 2011, 11:57 AM
Rick
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Joined Apr 2007
596 Posts
DX8 setup for 7 channel electric sailplane; Crow on throttle, motor on trainer button

This is a setup for a 7 channel electric sailplane with a 4 servo wing, rudder, elevator and ESC (I am using this on my Radian Pro) I have the motor on the trainer button, full wing length reflex/cruise/camber on the flap switch (flight modes), crow on the throttle stick (first half of stick is just flaps and the second half is crow), elevator compensation to ALL flap movements, rudder coupling is on the mix switch and the timer starts when you push the trainer switch to start the motor and is a 30 second countdown for motor run time with an alarm and then it counts up to time the flight. There are also snap flaps as well (you get a little reflex flap with down elevator and a little down flap with up).

Here is the link to my post on the Radian Pro thread. There are photos and a You-Tube video of it all working:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...3#post17205044

Rick
hammer833 is offline Find More Posts by hammer833
Old Jan 25, 2011, 01:14 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,832 Posts
Is it similar to the setup on Spektrum Community and what are the difference if any?
Old Jan 25, 2011, 01:44 PM
Rick
Joined Apr 2007
596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Is it similar to the setup on Spektrum Community and what are the difference if any?
-This is for a electric sailplane not a non-powered sailplane.
-The motor is turned on and off with the trainer button not the throttle stick.
-The throttle stick controles the flaps and crow.
- It has snap flaps.
-There is a count down timer with an alarm for LMR competitions and after the alarm goes off the timer starts counting up to time your flight.

Basically this program was designed for a full house LMR competition sailplane like the Radian Pro.

Rick
Old Jan 25, 2011, 02:35 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer833 View Post
-Basically this program was designed for a full house LMR competition sailplane like the Radian Pro. Rick
Yes I understand and the Spektrum Community as the Radian Pro setup for the DX8 and thats why I was asking what were you're differences.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 04:08 PM
Rick
Joined Apr 2007
596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Yes I understand and the Spektrum Community as the Radian Pro setup for the DX8 and thats why I was asking what were you're differences.
The main difference is that the throttle stick is for flaps and crow and the motor control is on the trainer button on my setup. Spektrum's setup is reversed to mine. The reason I have it setup like this is I fly the Pro as a thermal sailplane and I don't cruse around the sky like a sport plane. I only use the motor to launch the plane and get up to thermaling altitude and shut it down (like a Hi Start) so I only need full throttle and off. Then I soar around and hunt thermals. When it comes time to land I feel I have better control of the landing approach with the crow on the throttle stick then on an on/off switch. It makes those spot landings a lot easier.

If Spektrum had put one slider on the Tx instead of all switches I would have left the motor on the throttle stick and put the crow on the slider.

Here is a video showing how it all works:
Radian Pro DX8 setup (1 min 54 sec)

I hope this answers your question, it's a little hard to put into words but once you try this setup it starts to all make seance.

Rick
Last edited by hammer833; Feb 15, 2013 at 11:47 AM.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 04:28 PM
Rocket geek
Highlands Ranch, CO
Joined Dec 2007
651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer833 View Post
The main difference is that the throttle stick is for flaps and crow and the motor control is on the trainer button on my setup. Spektrum's setup is reversed to mine. The reason I have it setup like this is I fly the Pro as a thermal sailplane and I don't cruse around the sky like a sport plane. I only use the motor to launch the plane and get up to thermaling altitude and shut it down (like a Hi Start) so I only need full throttle and off. Then I soar around and hunt thermals. When it comes time to land I feel I have better control of the landing approach with the crow on the throttle stick then on an on/off switch. It makes those spot landings a lot easier.

If Spektrum had put one slider on the Tx instead of all switches I would have left the motor on the throttle stick and put the crow on the slider.

Here is a video showing how it all works:http://www.youtube.com/user/hammer88.../0/hAWRkCV0b4Y

I hope this answers your question, it's a little hard to put into words but once you try this setup it starts to all make seance.

Rick
Are you using the twist knob for anything? I could see that camber/reflex would be nice to have there, rather than a 3-position switch. On the other hand, that twist knob is on the wrong side of the controller
Adrian A is offline Find More Posts by Adrian A
Old Jan 25, 2011, 05:34 PM
Rick
Joined Apr 2007
596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian A View Post
Are you using the twist knob for anything? I could see that camber/reflex would be nice to have there, rather than a 3-position switch. On the other hand, that twist knob is on the wrong side of the controller
Ya I tried that but my fingers are too short. I mite try moving the knob over to the other side of the Tx.

Rick