SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 30, 2010, 12:57 AM
Joined Oct 2007
44 Posts
Discussion
Premier RC Kites

I'm thinking of buying one or two of these RC Vectored Thrust kites from Premier:

http://www.premierrc.com/index.shtml

However, I notice there is very little discussion about them on RC Groups, which gives me pause since they aren't cheap....what gives?
flimnar is offline Find More Posts by flimnar
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2010, 11:37 PM
Joined Oct 2007
44 Posts
Guess I'll help myself....so it goes. I don't know how many people are out there who could talk about this corner of the RC universe. I decided to buy the Canard, but I still wasn't sure what to expect. I'm used to flying planes and jets, so the fact that something this large fits in a couple of flat bags felt a little weird. That said, when put together, it really is an eye-catcher. It doesn't fly like a plane--which they are pretty up-front about--but I really enjoyed flying it as something really different. It actually responds better when it is flying slowly! Always happy to get a new warbird or jet, but it is rare these days to travel this far from the increasingly well worn paths.

To answer my own question, I suspect more isn't said about these Premier RC Vectored Kites because they are a bit pricey, especially for the first one. Adding new kites to the power system is more reasonable once you've made the initial investment. All it all, I feel it was a very good choice for me. I think I'll go buy that pyramid now, then I'll let me know how I liked it!
flimnar is offline Find More Posts by flimnar
Old Nov 22, 2010, 03:13 PM
Russellton, PA
Joined Oct 2002
1,023 Posts
HI,

I just completed my warm Canard this past weekend. AND I flew it on Saturday late evening. So far I really like it! I can say it does not fly like I thought it would...but it flies better than I thought it would. ???

I do like it. I'm using the Spektrum DX8 and 6255 RX with a 3S 2650 MAH Thunder Power Pro Lite V2 pack. I get 10 mins of flying and put back in 1800 MAH.

AGAIN thus far I'm very happy with it. Quality is super and the flight is unique.

I'm hoping to add some LEDS to it so I can night fly it. BUT I'm not sure where to put them on it. I'd like to put them on the motor assy...rear carbon stick that connects to the main rod that runs upward where the top strings attach too. I'd hope they would shine down and illuinate the WARM Canard wing so at height the wing would glow.

Just need to try it I guess.

Good purchase, I'm happy I took the plunge!

Ron Osinski
aka - GMRO
GMRO is offline Find More Posts by GMRO
Old Nov 22, 2010, 11:12 PM
LSF - IV
United States, TX, Highland Village
Joined Jan 2003
3,173 Posts
so there are no movable flight surfaces, it's basically vectored thrust?
Hostage-46 is online now Find More Posts by Hostage-46
Old Nov 23, 2010, 05:50 AM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
7,992 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hostage-46 View Post
so there are no movable flight surfaces, it's basically vectored thrust?
Yes, and they have a nice machined gimbal. I've asked several times for them to make the gimbal available separately, but they won't sell it without the rest of the power system that moves between the kites.

Azarr
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr
Old Jan 06, 2011, 12:16 PM
Afton VA
Joined Sep 2002
470 Posts
Discount Vector Kites

Quote:
Originally Posted by flimnar View Post
I'm thinking of buying one or two of these RC Vectored Thrust kites from Premier:

http://www.premierrc.com/index.shtml

However, I notice there is very little discussion about them on RC Groups, which gives me pause since they aren't cheap....what gives?
http://adesigner.com/vectorkites/
tbroeski is offline Find More Posts by tbroeski
Old Feb 01, 2011, 07:30 AM
Expat
Japan
Joined Apr 2010
3,089 Posts
TheNiceGuy is offline Find More Posts by TheNiceGuy
Last edited by TheNiceGuy; Feb 01, 2011 at 07:36 AM.
Old Feb 01, 2011, 08:02 AM
Afton VA
Joined Sep 2002
470 Posts
yes
tbroeski is offline Find More Posts by tbroeski