HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:47 PM
Slovenia
Joined Jan 2009
62 Posts
Quote:
And the last annoying feature is: Extremely HUGE current sensor modules. Not a chance putting it in narrow fuselage. The only HoTT benefit is model match and vario sensor (the FrSky one is rubbish).
Yo may want to take a look here http://www.sm-modellbau.de/shop/index.php?cPath=18
It is compatible with HoTT,Jeti an MPX telemetry protokol. Also, Jeti has published their tele. protokol here http://www.jetimodel.cz/data_downloa...rotocol_en.pdf
Quote:
Another annoying feature: RX has power on fail safe - it takes 0.1-1.5 second to bind with receiver and it puts all servos to fail safe position during this time. I assemble my gliders on the ground. Connect everything, turn tx on and turn rx on (connect battery). What happens? Until rx binds, servos go to fail safe position which means 100% flaps. When glider lays on ground, one half of wing on ground... flaps hit the ground hard and that's not good.
I know it is too late for you, but Jeti's receivers are fully programmable and offer solution for just this case and much more http://www.jetimodel.com/data_downlo...1-07-en-de.zip
alfasud is offline Find More Posts by alfasud
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2012, 01:07 PM
Joined Oct 2011
140 Posts
Thanks alfasud, that's nice sensor. Never heard about it.
mihlit is offline Find More Posts by mihlit
Last edited by mihlit; Jul 12, 2013 at 04:35 PM.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 01:27 PM
Slovenia
Joined Jan 2009
62 Posts
Ah uhh sorry sorry! My bad. It was me who was OT.
alfasud is offline Find More Posts by alfasud
Old Nov 14, 2012, 01:34 PM
Segelfliegen
Northern Vermont
Joined Jul 2010
1,298 Posts
@mihlit - You are very talented to program your own software for Linux mobile, very nice! I just purchased a mx-16 with vario and Graupner USA included a Smart Box in the deal! I am switching from Spektrum DX6i and fly sailplanes as well, only they are EPO 2m versions now. Currently building a 1,6m ASK-13 and plans to build 2m, 4m version ASK-13. The vario meter unit is very small and I like this. This system will be a big jump for me into a fully programable Tx with telemetry. Cheers, Thompson
studioRS is online now Find More Posts by studioRS
Old Nov 14, 2012, 02:32 PM
Joined Oct 2011
140 Posts
alfasud: Why? That current sensor link was very useful. I forwarded this information to few fellow hott owners and they were very happy to know about it.
mihlit is offline Find More Posts by mihlit
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:49 PM
Germany, SA, Halle Saale
Joined Nov 2012
346 Posts
i would like to know something ... does the fail safe of the graupner hott system prevent the fail safe of the wookong from starting?

if that is so - how to cancel the fail safe of the graupner hott?

thanks for your reply!

rené
renricker7 is online now Find More Posts by renricker7
Old Nov 23, 2012, 05:16 PM
Slovenia
Joined Feb 2011
734 Posts
I have bought MX-16 Hott, but menu is in German. What is the easiest way to have it in English?
quadslo is offline Find More Posts by quadslo
Old Nov 23, 2012, 06:22 PM
Gary
United States, MD, Salisbury
Joined Mar 2011
1,725 Posts
I know there is a place to set the language but I guess you need to read German to get to it? Page 28 of the mx-20 manual: Prob similar on your mx-16
The mx-20HoTT transmitter's "HIDDEN MODE" can
be reached from almost any menu position by pressing
and holding the arrow keys of the left touch pad
and the SETkey of the right touch pad for about one
second until the screen shown below is displayed == the second selection is "language"
glmccready is online now Find More Posts by glmccready
Old Nov 23, 2012, 06:25 PM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Nov 2010
1,824 Posts
If you need english language. Install the English firmware.
hexa is offline Find More Posts by hexa
Old Nov 24, 2012, 04:15 AM
Slovenia
Joined Feb 2011
734 Posts
Tbx for the help,
I just needed the shortcut to hidden menu, and it was already installed.
quadslo is offline Find More Posts by quadslo
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:30 AM
Joined Mar 2012
42 Posts
GR-16 receiver firmware update issue

Hi,
I am having a problem trying to update the firmware on my new GR-16 receiver. I have watched the Graupner instructional video and done exactly as it says but every time I plug in the receiver to power it up after hitting the "PROGRAM" button the process stops. See attached image: Any help would be greatly appreciated. This little snag has been holding me up for days with my octo project. Frustrating!!

Thanks,
Bryan
BryHarv is offline Find More Posts by BryHarv
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:39 AM
g0t rabb1t?
Lietuva, Vilnius
Joined Jul 2011
1,306 Posts
My guess - it could not open file at needed location.
Try to move firmware file to c: disk for example (in your screenshot it shows path with "?graupner" in it - maybe it's some spec-symbol which could not be displayed if program isn't written correctly) and retry.
ABLomas is online now Find More Posts by ABLomas
Old Dec 04, 2012, 10:19 AM
Gary
United States, MD, Salisbury
Joined Mar 2011
1,725 Posts
I'm fine tuning my MX-20 for a Cinestar 6. I've tried Expo on 0, 30% and 40% and can't see much difference. I'm I missing something? I noticed there is a "button" setting, does it need to be "turned on"?
Thanks!
glmccready is online now Find More Posts by glmccready
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:46 AM
Joined Dec 2012
1 Posts
Per Riley at Quadrocopter.com.... (PS I did this myself today and it worked perfectly. I'm back on track... Sorry this is so late from your instance)

1. You will have to turn your radio off (the only way I know of when it is in that mode is to unplug the battery). Then plug your battery back in but DO NOT turn your radio back on.

2. Next when you are in the firmware upgrade program instead of selecting "firmware upgrade" under the transmitter option, you will instead select the "emergency" option.

3. Once you have selected the emergency option it will pull open a menu very similar to the firmware upgrade menu. Select your file as you normally would.

4. Once you have your file loaded and ready you will hit the download start button. As soon as the download process starts you will then switch your transmitter on. This should jump start the bootloader in the transmitter.

5. Your transmitter should then begin downloading the file. Once downloaded you should not have to do a separate firmware upgrade. It should then be on the most current version.

I have had to go through this process two or three times in the past on some of them before it would jump start but it has always worked eventually for me.
AerialProduction is offline Find More Posts by AerialProduction
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:44 AM
Deutschland, Hessen, LA
Joined Jan 2009
1,109 Posts
Swansong ?

http://translate.google.com/translat...d%2C76315.html
Kambalunga is online now Find More Posts by Kambalunga