HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 09, 2010, 12:19 PM
Deutschland, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Geilenkirchen
Joined Aug 2007
772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrock View Post
I chatted with a buddy the other day, who knows some guys flying for Graupner, a company being under § 11.
Jürgen
There is a "chapter 11" in the German "bankruptcy-law" (Insolvenzrecht), but this "chapter 11" has another meaning as the famous "chapter 11" of the USA law. A "Chapter 11" like inside the USA does not exist in Germany, either a firm, a company goes bankruptcy or not, a "chapter 11- bankruptcy" is not existing here.

So, what is the matter with Graupner now? Is this company gone bankrupt or not?

Udo
udogigahertz is offline Find More Posts by udogigahertz
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 09, 2010, 02:27 PM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elektromodely View Post
Have you got any tech specs of the HoTT RF modules ? rx sensitivity,
tx output power (I believe 20dBm to get as long as possible operating
range) ? And any info regarding RF protocol used ? Like the frame
length, bps used, frame rate, hoping period ?
Nothing yet, only that they use 75 channels for frequency hopping.

Udo: Is your hobby feeding the trolls?
Julez is offline Find More Posts by Julez
Old Nov 09, 2010, 03:04 PM
Slovak Republic
Joined May 2004
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julez View Post
Nothing yet, only that they use 75 channels for frequency hopping.

Udo: Is your hobby feeding the trolls?
It's shown on the box.. Let me know (PM) if you will get any more
technical info.
elektromodely is offline Find More Posts by elektromodely
Old Nov 12, 2010, 01:10 PM
Waitin' on a sunny day :)
Slovenia
Joined Oct 2009
172 Posts
So how it looks? You think, that this system would be good? Or is it better to buy FrSky?

Thanks all!
SamoK is offline Find More Posts by SamoK
Old Nov 12, 2010, 01:48 PM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,240 Posts
Hi!

FrSky is a very good system. I definitely recommend it to anyone who does not need advanced features, and likes a fair price.
If you plan to use telemetry a lot, then I would choose Jeti or Hott. Their telemetry is more sophisticated, and offers more options and features.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 03:23 PM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,413 Posts
Daemon reported last week 7.88km with FrSky and 5dB antenna on Tx, which power is 18dB = 60mW
The FrSky receiver has -110dB sensitivity.
So, its possible.
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Last edited by renatoa; Nov 12, 2010 at 03:42 PM.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 03:31 PM
Slovenia
Joined Oct 2009
172 Posts
Yes, I was planing to use telemetry on my sail model, but I do not dare to buy HoTT yet, because it's new. But I must say, that HoTT looks better to me (telemetry...), but I want good system too, without any problems. But price is...

I think I will go on 2.4GHz next year. I was definetly for FrSky, but today I saw HoTT, and I don't know anymore.

Sorry for my bad English. :$
Last edited by SamoK; Nov 12, 2010 at 03:45 PM.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 03:51 PM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,240 Posts
Your english is good.

If you have the time to wait, do it. Experience tought us not to buy 2.4GHz systems for promised features, but only for really existing features.

Wait until there are enough confidence-inspiring reports, and until the stuff you like is actually available, then make up your mind and buy.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 03:56 PM
Slovenia
Joined Oct 2009
172 Posts
Yeah, you're right. BTW, I like vario, and it is available yet, but I don't know how is with the 2.4GHz system, because we know that iFS was terrible. I have to wait some months and then we'll see, what will people say.

And I forgot something. I have Graupner MC-19, and she don't have module, so I think that I can't put HoTT in it? Or am I wrong?
Last edited by SamoK; Nov 12, 2010 at 04:03 PM.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 05:37 PM
Slovak Republic
Joined May 2004
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamoK View Post
And I forgot something. I have Graupner MC-19, and she don't have module, so I think that I can't put HoTT in it? Or am I wrong?
You would be able when internal HoTT RF modules (and other HoTT items)
will be available:
http://www.graupner.de/de/products/33300/product.aspx
elektromodely is offline Find More Posts by elektromodely
Old Nov 12, 2010, 07:20 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tune by tito View Post
Those Meshenetic are the original modules they have 124 dB Link Budget which only happen with a RF power amp, AT86RF230 normal Link Budget is (104 dB), Programmable Output Power from -17 dBm up to 3 dBm and Receiver Sensitivity -101 dBm

Another Strike and you are out!!!!!!!!!!

Best Regards Tito
The Meshnetics powered module never received FCC certification. Atmel bought Meshnetics and never got the approval either.

I know the Atmel chips very well. I did testing for the development team in Dressden, and we use the 231 version ourselves in the new hardware. Our link budget exceeds anything available with a -111dBm receiver sensitivity with diversity, or -113dBm without. Power output is adjustable from 6dBm to 23dBm.

I don't know anything about the German bankruptcy laws, but we were told by Graupner reps that the German government had come into Graupner and did some type of reorganization, and control won't be fully restored until next year. During this time, it has been extremely difficult to get payments for long standing orders. This has caused chaos with dealers and customers throughout Europe.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 13, 2010, 03:11 AM
Slovenia
Joined Oct 2009
172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elektromodely View Post
You would be able when internal HoTT RF modules (and other HoTT items)
will be available:
http://www.graupner.de/de/products/33300/product.aspx
Nice!

Thank you!
Old Nov 13, 2010, 05:59 AM
The art of airbrush
Österreich
Joined Jul 2010
83 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by udogigahertz View Post
So, what is the matter with Graupner now? Is this company gone bankrupt or not?

Udo
I hope they go bankrupt soon. Only being prepotent and arrogant, taking legal action against everybody who has cheaper prices (eg. hobbyking) and selling asian products at premium prices is not enough to make business. Graupner, go to hell. We don't need you any more........
rcpaintworks is offline Find More Posts by rcpaintworks
Old Nov 13, 2010, 06:39 AM
The truth will prevail
Westbury, NY
Joined Nov 2009
682 Posts
Quote:
Experience tought us not to buy 2.4GHz systems for promised features
Well almost everything with the HoTT system is a promise so far! Most of its components have not been delivered and shipped to the customers. Neither is the system proven in pactice.

So if the above sentence is right, one should actually not buy the HoTT system.

Juergen
skyrock is offline Find More Posts by skyrock
Old Nov 13, 2010, 07:29 AM
The truth will prevail
Westbury, NY
Joined Nov 2009
682 Posts
@Jim

Quote:
I don't know anything about the German bankruptcy laws, but we were told by Graupner reps that the German government had come into Graupner and did some type of reorganization, and control won't be fully restored until next year. During this time, it has been extremely difficult to get payments for long standing orders. This has caused chaos with dealers and customers throughout Europe.
Normally German bankruptcy law is 'digital'. This means a company is bankrupt or it is not.

One can search in the official German internet page for any company https://www.insolvenzbekanntmachunge...in/bl_suche.pl for bankruptcy. (For a detailed seach one has to know at least the company name and the responsible court otherwise you will see only the information for the last 2 weeks)

Bankruptcy is defined in § 17 - § 21 of the German Bankruptcy law (called InsO)
Even if a company is in danger and it can be foreseen it will go bankupt, it can/or has to file for bankruptcy.
In this moment tis company is not yet bankupt, but in follow up the court can take for a limited amount of time measures for reorganization and control of finances. This is defined in § 21 of InsO.

Juergen
skyrock is offline Find More Posts by skyrock