HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 28, 2011, 01:50 PM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikertje888 View Post
Thanks for your help Jurgen, I will have a look into that matter.

You wouldn't know about my second problem?
I don't use the Electric Air Module (EAM), but I may know the reason for your problem:

http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showt...=1#post2541622

If your battery's balance plugs are not connected with the EAM, you need to make at least a connection between battery minus and balancing connector minus at the EAM.

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2011, 02:11 PM
Belgium
Joined Aug 2010
267 Posts
This afternoon I went to the local RC store to get adapters for my balance plugs.
So the balance plugs are plugged in now.
But still, the total voltage is not showing, nor the separate voltages per lipo.
I am getting the individual cel voltages.

This is what is working now (green) and what is not working (red):

bikertje888 is offline Find More Posts by bikertje888
Last edited by bikertje888; Oct 28, 2011 at 02:38 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 05:08 PM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Nov 2010
1,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig View Post
Graupner decided to deal with such (rare) events on a case by case basis and provides specific instructions to fix the problem.

Jürgen
Do you work for graupner ?
hexa is offline Find More Posts by hexa
Old Oct 28, 2011, 05:35 PM
The truth will prevail
Westbury, NY
Joined Nov 2009
682 Posts
Quote:
Graupner decided to deal with such (rare) events on a case by case basis and provides specific instructions to fix the problem.

Jürgen
1st these events are not rare and from my perspective Graupner is doing everything they can to suppress discussions in any RC forum in the world
2nd e.g. this why they prefer to "provide specific instructions" to fix problems.

Motto : KUSS (Keep Users Simply Stupid) But it will not work..... because the truth will prevail!

Juergen
skyrock is offline Find More Posts by skyrock
Old Oct 28, 2011, 05:58 PM
The truth will prevail
Westbury, NY
Joined Nov 2009
682 Posts
Quote:
As usual, the provided information is incorrect. Stating that RC-Network is governed by Graupner is the same as saying RC-Groups is governed by HobbyKing.

Instead of contacting Graupner or his dealer about his faulty product, subject user started to "fiddle" with his brand new tx by disconnecting and re-connecting the display cables and started a thread about his problem on a public forum. Pretty dumb if you ask me.

Jürgen
It is of cause just vice versa!
Allmost all German RC forums and RC magazines are influenced by German RC distributors, like Graupner, Jamara, Robbe, e.t.c.. Therefore you cant find any advertisement from HobbyKing in any German RC magazine or in any German RC forum. (have a look yourself!!)

Some time ago the German RC magazine "Aviator tried to accept and print an ad from HobbyKing. In follow up they were threatened by the distributors to withdraw all advertizing orders in the future. Aviator then immediately sold this blackmailing activities as a rescue story for local dealers.

Lately German customs was influenced to withold lipo's and electronic devices from Hobbyking and test them for compliance with German regulations. Nearly all imports had to be mailed back or were illegally destroyed by German authorities. Absolutely identical equipment of cause could be imported, sold and operated when being imported by distributors....
Now even some American RC dealers because of these activities have stopped to ship products to Germany whereas they still deliver to the rest of Europe. Seems like the Berlin wall is now built around whole of Germany.

Juergen
skyrock is offline Find More Posts by skyrock
Last edited by skyrock; Oct 29, 2011 at 05:22 AM.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 02:33 AM
mostly gliders
Skellefteå, Sweden
Joined Sep 2003
923 Posts
Very interesting this lack of advertising from HobbyKing, interesting. Leafing through a few numbers of Aufwind and Modellflug, and quite correctly, not a single ad from HobbyKing. ... hmm?
Have never thought about it before. Although it does not matter to me because I never buy anything from HobbyKing, this fact is interesting.
I checked also the RC-network forum and could not find any ads from Hobby King...hmm?

/Ville but
liukku is online now Find More Posts by liukku
Old Oct 29, 2011, 04:47 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Nov 2010
1,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrock View Post
It is of cause just vice versa!
Allmost all German RC forums and RC magazines are influenced by German RC distributors, like Graupner, Jamara, Robbe, e.t.c.. Therfore you cant find any advertisement from HobbyKing in any German RC magazine or in any German RC forum. (have a look yourself!!)

Some time ago the German RC magazine "Aviator tried to accept and print an add from HobbyKing. In follow up they were threatened by the distributors to withdraw all advertizing orders in the future. Aviator then immediately sold this blackmailing activities as a rescue story for local dealers.

Lately German customs was influenced to withold lipo's and electronic devices from Hobbyking and test them for compliance with German regulations. Nearly all imports had to be mailed back or were illegally destroyed by German authorities. Absolutely identical equipment of cause could be imported, sold and operated when being imported by distributors....
Now even some American RC dealers because of thease activities have stopped to ship products to Germany whereas they still deliver to the rest of Europe. Seems like the Berlin wall is now built around whole of Germany.

Juergen
You are right as I remember seeing on a few rc website stating we don't ship to Germany.
hexa is offline Find More Posts by hexa
Old Oct 29, 2011, 05:00 AM
mostly gliders
Skellefteå, Sweden
Joined Sep 2003
923 Posts
It's probably about protectionism which is the opposite of free trade.
Protectionism can also be about to foreclose guest work or labor.
The EU is protectionist, when they banned the trade of fermented herring and snuff throughout the EU except Sweden.
I both eat fermented herring and snuff so I'm happy, hihi.

/Ville
liukku is online now Find More Posts by liukku
Old Oct 29, 2011, 07:50 AM
Joined Sep 2000
18,728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexa View Post
Do you work for graupner ?
No I don't - just have a look at my personal infofrmation, my blog or my webpage.

Jürgen
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 29, 2011, 07:56 AM
Joined Sep 2000
18,728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrock View Post
1st these events are not rare and from my perspective Graupner is doing everything they can to suppress discussions in any RC forum in the world
2nd e.g. this why they prefer to "provide specific instructions" to fix problems.

Motto : KUSS (Keep Users Simply Stupid) But it will not work..... because the truth will prevail!

Juergen
If they wanted to keep the users in the dark, all they would have to do is telling the users to send their equipment to the Graupner service department - which they don't.

Instead Graupner takes active part in forum discussions, provides quick and accurate information and even puts tutorial videos on their YouTube channel.

Looks like you are wrong again.

Jürgen
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 29, 2011, 10:00 AM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
4,972 Posts
Don't feed the trolls, guys.
Julez is offline Find More Posts by Julez
Old Oct 31, 2011, 04:11 PM
Oslo, Norway
Joined Sep 2007
172 Posts
Another probably dumb question,but i can´t find any info: I´m flying FPV with a Mikrokopter with my MX-20 and GR-24. With my MK I never do long range anyway, but I would like to feel confident in urban areas up to approx. 1 km. But I get 95-80% signal quality about only 100 metres away. All range checks have been solid. Could someone please enlighten me about how I should understand the figures, e.g. where does the quality start to be dangerously low?
Bjeff is offline Find More Posts by Bjeff
Old Nov 01, 2011, 02:08 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,014 Posts
How are antennas placed ?
Do you still have LOS at those 100 meters, or mk is behind a tree or something ?
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Nov 01, 2011, 06:25 AM
Oslo, Norway
Joined Sep 2007
172 Posts
I have LOS, but sitting in a chair. After a lot of different testing one antenna is pointing downward and one is pointing forward at an angle to the side (my quad was originally built for AR7000 with satelite, so the carbon legs are quite wide. As I´ve understood, the signal quality refers to the quality of the rx´s transmitted telemetry as received by the tx, i.e. it´s not the quality of the rx´s reception.
Bjeff is offline Find More Posts by Bjeff
Last edited by Bjeff; Nov 01, 2011 at 06:35 AM.
Old Nov 01, 2011, 12:37 PM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
4,972 Posts
Where is your TX antenna pointing? Also, is ist possible that the video system has influence on the range? Have you done a range test with and without it on?
Julez is offline Find More Posts by Julez