Old Nov 07, 2010, 01:14 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tune by tito View Post
Two Meshenetic modules have FCC ID 'U6TZIGBIT-A2' and 'U6TZIGBITB0'
Correct, and neither of these units are the power amp'd version used in the JETI transmitter module. The power amp version never received FCC certification.

Meshnetics visited us years before Atmel ever purchased their intellectual property, trying to steal our business away from Maxstream (Digi). Their power amp'd module was not FCC approved, so the only way we could have switched to it is if we paid for the certification. That made no sense to us for a product the same price as the XBEE modules which did have FCC certification.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by JimDrew; Nov 07, 2010 at 01:22 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 07, 2010, 01:20 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coro View Post
Well, ok.
But that is dated at february 2010. Jim was takling about FCC much sooner..
Keep checking the FCC site, it should be udpated with two new RF modules.

X5L-XPSA24 - 200mw 2.4GHz modular certification
X5L-XPSA9 - 500mw 900MHz modular certification
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 07, 2010, 01:10 AM
Tennessee
Joined Sep 2003
2,314 Posts
Isn't it amazing how many people from countries outside the US are such experts on FCC regulations.
ChuckA is online now Find More Posts by ChuckA
Old Nov 07, 2010, 02:10 AM
Inventor&Genius Extraordinary
USA, CA, Riverside
Joined May 2006
491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
Correct, and neither of these units are the power amp'd version used in the JETI transmitter module. The power amp version never received FCC certification.

Meshnetics visited us years before Atmel ever purchased their intellectual property, trying to steal our business away from Maxstream (Digi). Their power amp'd module was not FCC approved, so the only way we could have switched to it is if we paid for the certification. That made no sense to us for a product the same price as the XBEE modules which did have FCC certification.
Those Meshenetic are the original modules they have 124 dB Link Budget which only happen with a RF power amp, AT86RF230 normal Link Budget is (104 dB), Programmable Output Power from -17 dBm up to 3 dBm and Receiver Sensitivity -101 dBm

Another Strike and you are out!!!!!!!!!!

Best Regards Tito
tune by tito is offline Find More Posts by tune by tito
Old Nov 07, 2010, 08:27 AM
Slovak Republic
Joined May 2004
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm2 View Post
HoTT module for MX24s has appeared on graupner.de. As owner of MX24s 35MHz, I'd like to know:

1.) can I upgrade 35MHz version to HoTT 2,4G just "clink-n-fly" way (home-upgradeable)?

2.) what data provided by HoTT module I am (will be) able to see then on Tx display? (not on any additional external display box)

3.) is it (will it be) possible to use Tx controls to perform setup to Tx/Rx HoTT devices or is this exclusie to external display box?

4.) if answer 2.) or 3.) is different to "no/none", will it require to send Tx to service center or will it work automatically after inserting HoTT sender module to the Tx slot?
1) yes of course when M-G2 HoTT and Smart Box and receiver will be available, 2) and 3) no IMO
elektromodely is offline Find More Posts by elektromodely
Old Nov 08, 2010, 01:10 PM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,240 Posts
Quote:
is it (will it be) possible to use Tx controls to perform setup to Tx/Rx HoTT devices
It will be possible to setup failsafe positions with the TX only. When a special button pressing sequence is performed, the current positions will be stored as failsafe positions.
Julez is offline Find More Posts by Julez
Old Nov 08, 2010, 01:47 PM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,240 Posts
8km range?

I chatted with a buddy the other day, who knows some guys flying for Graupner. During their testing, they made a range shoot-out, with the TXes located at the well known Teck slope. They reportedly managed 8km (5 miles) range with the HoTT system, a distance, at which no other system worked.
Last edited by Julez; Nov 08, 2010 at 02:42 PM.
Old Nov 08, 2010, 02:00 PM
Slovak Republic
Joined May 2004
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julez View Post
I chatted with a buddy the other day, who knows some guys flying for Graupner. During their testing, they made a range shoot-out, with the TXes located at the well known Teck slope. They reportedly managed 8km (4 miles) range with the HoTT system, a distance, at which no other system worked.
Any link to it ? I have seen 6km test.

BTW 8km = 5miles (1 mile = 1.609344 km)
Old Nov 08, 2010, 02:44 PM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,240 Posts
Oops, a typo, thanks.
I don't have any link, I just heard it.
But this guy in an engineer designing airfoils for Airbus, so I don't think he'll BS me.
Old Nov 08, 2010, 03:48 PM
Deutschland, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Geilenkirchen
Joined Aug 2007
772 Posts
Quote:
I chatted with a buddy the other day, who knows some guys flying for Graupner. During their testing, they made a range shoot-out, with the TXes located at the well known Teck slope. They reportedly managed 8km (5 miles) range with the HoTT system, a distance, at which no other system worked.
Which "other Systems" didn't work at that range? There are some different systems out on the market, you know? I don't believe, that they have tested it and compared with all the other available brands under real and fair test-conditions, that is only marketing BS.

I believe, that the range of the new Graupner HoTT-system is very good, outstanding maybe, but "better" than everything else in the world? Come on .....

Udo
udogigahertz is offline Find More Posts by udogigahertz
Old Nov 08, 2010, 04:27 PM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,240 Posts
Believe what you like...
Old Nov 08, 2010, 04:50 PM
Slovakia
Joined Apr 2005
3,386 Posts
6km (4 miles) is around 116db free space loss (at good weather and no obstacles).
With help of antenna gain twice of 2db (at each antenna),
and starting at 20dbm Tx power,
received signal should be around 20+2-116+2 = -92dbm.
- well, that should be well within specs of most "better" receivers on market..
Everything should depend on area noise. And of course, also signal reflections (multipath attenuation).

However, that isthe ideal case. In worst case (one antenna pointing toward tx and second perpendictual antenna in cross polarisation position), great attenuation should occur, and I would be curious about results - e.g. if plane would get slowly turned into all possible directions.
Because it do not matter how far it could work in best case, all what matters in RC is the distance at which it will work always, rock solid - regardless of plane position.
coro is offline Find More Posts by coro
Old Nov 09, 2010, 01:44 AM
Slovak Republic
Joined May 2004
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coro View Post
6km (4 miles) is around 116db free space loss (at good weather and no obstacles).
With help of antenna gain twice of 2db (at each antenna),
and starting at 20dbm Tx power,
received signal should be around 20+2-116+2 = -92dbm.
- well, that should be well within specs of most "better" receivers on market..
Everything should depend on area noise. And of course, also signal reflections (multipath attenuation).

However, that isthe ideal case. In worst case (one antenna pointing toward tx and second perpendictual antenna in cross polarisation position), great attenuation should occur, and I would be curious about results - e.g. if plane would get slowly turned into all possible directions.
Because it do not matter how far it could work in best case, all what matters in RC is the distance at which it will work always, rock solid - regardless of plane position.
You have to add the Fade Margin to the calculation to get
more real results.
Old Nov 09, 2010, 01:51 AM
Slovak Republic
Joined May 2004
105 Posts
Quote:
Believe what you like...
Have you got any tech specs of the HoTT RF modules ? rx sensitivity,
tx output power (I believe 20dBm to get as long as possible operating
range) ? And any info regarding RF protocol used ? Like the frame
length, bps used, frame rate, hoping period ?
Old Nov 09, 2010, 07:24 AM
The truth will prevail
Westbury, NY
Joined Nov 2009
682 Posts
Quote:
I chatted with a buddy the other day, who knows some guys flying for Graupner, a company being under § 11.

During their testing, they made a range shoot-out, with the TXes located at the well known Teck slope. They reportedly managed 8km range with the HoTT system, a distance at which the Jeti system, with which they compared HoTT, didn't work.

The experts were surpised and in follow up asked themselves : " Did we send with more than the allowable 100 mW EIRP, because of this incredible range advantage? "

Jürgen
skyrock is offline Find More Posts by skyrock