HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 12, 2011, 12:59 AM
Joined Jun 2008
339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear_fin View Post
try watching videos in youtube. There is videosmade by graupner.
Are you just assuming, or do you know something i dont?
aeropics is offline Find More Posts by aeropics
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 12, 2011, 03:26 AM
Joined May 2009
154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeropics View Post
Are you just assuming, or do you know something i dont?
I managed to upgrade and connect my devices with help those videos from graupner. I dont have link just now.
bigbear_fin is offline Find More Posts by bigbear_fin
Old Aug 12, 2011, 09:49 AM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Four Stroker View Post
I was surprised to see that the transmitter puts out a whopping 12 mW while the limit is 125 mW.
The output is definitely more.
Here you can see a comparison between Jeti and Hott. Hott seems to have a higher output than Jeti, which is a good full-range system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Drew
I am sure that Graupner had a difficult time passing the FCC's very strict upper and lower restricted band edge testing. With a fix modulation scheme, the only way to make these pass is by reducing the output power.
Wise words from a man who can't tell polarisation and radiation pattern apart.

The only things that were reduced were Graupner's problems trying to sell radios before they introduced Hott.
Julez is online now Find More Posts by Julez
Last edited by Julez; Aug 12, 2011 at 12:24 PM.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 09:57 AM
Joined Jun 2008
339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear_fin View Post
I managed to upgrade and connect my devices with help those videos from graupner. I dont have link just now.
Upgrade firmware, yes ive seen those movies, but theres no instruction videos for how to connect the different modules there...

Got help from Graupner and solved it now...
Old Aug 12, 2011, 11:44 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,719 Posts
It's not physically possible to have a higher output than what is allowed by definition in the FCC test report. So, if the power output is not 12mw, then it is illegal.... period.

I will ask Graupner about this. I can't imagine that they would let these out with a power output higher than specified under their FCC testing. If they did, they would be facing stiff fines and a recall of the product - just like JETI did.

Julez, you MUST be running the European version. The FCC test report clearly shows that 2474MHz is the last frequency allowed, and your RF scanner shows that 2480MHz is being used - well into our (FCC) restricted band edge beginning at 2483.50MHz.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 13, 2011, 01:25 PM
BGR
Foam Junkie
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Dec 2003
1,655 Posts
There comes a point where a debate about a manufacturer and their product goes from giving one a positive feeling about a product to negative one. If a discussion gets to that point I no longer think about if the product is good or bad but instead it becomes a controvesial product and I get shy and tend to stay away from it.

I do not think that that was the intent of the OP, but thats how it turned out for me.
BGR is offline Find More Posts by BGR
Old Aug 14, 2011, 06:35 AM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,214 Posts
This is the strategy of some competitors "contributing" to this thread.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear,_u...inty_and_doubt
This could help to explain your feelings.
Julez is online now Find More Posts by Julez
Old Aug 14, 2011, 06:44 AM
Joined Jun 2008
339 Posts
Are there anyone besides me that are using the electric air module?
Old Aug 14, 2011, 06:47 AM
Joined Sep 2002
1,037 Posts
Hitec vs. Graupner?
Pippin is offline Find More Posts by Pippin
Old Aug 14, 2011, 07:32 AM
mostly gliders
Skellefteċ, Sweden
Joined Sep 2003
959 Posts
Do any of you detractors belive that you are going to change anything about this product by writing here on RCGroups. This gives you permission to rethink.
Add instead forward constructive criticism or praise, something you know something about and not just bull_hit.
... and Jim Drew, have not you your own brand to nurture and protect.

/Ville
liukku is offline Find More Posts by liukku
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 14, 2011, 01:24 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,719 Posts
Since I live in the U.S. and belong to the U.S. manufacturers radio committee, we watch things like systems coming in from outside of the U.S. and FCC grants. 12mw is not a robust power output. That is on par with the Chinese R/C toys. Everything else in the U.S. is >= 100mw.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 15, 2011, 03:34 AM
BGR
Foam Junkie
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Dec 2003
1,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julez View Post
This is the strategy of some competitors "contributing" to this thread.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear,_u...inty_and_doubt
This could help to explain your feelings.
If it was mostly the negative posts that influenced me then yes I agree, but it was not just those.
BGR is offline Find More Posts by BGR
Old Aug 15, 2011, 03:45 AM
Joined Jul 2011
71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeropics View Post
I got my modules today, gps and the electric air modul, but when looking at it i cant use them together, only one at a time???

That means i have to choose between mainpack readings, vario and alt, or all the gps functions...
Is that correct, or am i missing something here? :-/
HI,

according to the manuals, as I remember, you could user a Y-cable,
but the transmitter has no feature to show both, but ist should log
to your SD-card.

But I think this will be in the Software quite soon, Graupner ist starting
from scratch without money.

Viele Gruesse,

Ralf
rapega is offline Find More Posts by rapega
Old Aug 15, 2011, 06:06 AM
The truth will prevail
Westbury, NY
Joined Nov 2009
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
It's not physically possible to have a higher output than what is allowed by definition in the FCC test report. So, if the power output is not 12mw, then it is illegal.... period.

I will ask Graupner about this. I can't imagine that they would let these out with a power output higher than specified under their FCC testing. If they did, they would be facing stiff fines and a recall of the product - just like JETI did.

Julez, you MUST be running the European version. The FCC test report clearly shows that 2474MHz is the last frequency allowed, and your RF scanner shows that 2480MHz is being used - well into our (FCC) restricted band edge beginning at 2483.50MHz.
From my opinion Graupner doesn't care too much about FCC regulations or EN 300328.

E.g. they claim that their "normal" 2.4 GHz TX antenna has a gain of less then 2db. If it would have a gain of 2 db, then some measurements with the MX-16 show that they would also violate the European limit of 100mW EIRP with their TX's.

Btw: Just visited Graupner's booth at the 1st ProWing exhibition in Germany. Their MX-20 software is not ready and it still has some bugs. But they told me their team of test pilots is working hard to eliminate the bugs....

Juergen
skyrock is offline Find More Posts by skyrock
Old Aug 15, 2011, 06:27 AM
Joined Sep 2002
1,037 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapega View Post
HI,

...But I think this will be in the Software quite soon, Graupner ist starting
from scratch without money.

Viele Gruesse,

Ralf
Short summery of the report written by PricewaterhouseCoopers about the situation:

Investments and property were sold in November 2010 on the proposed price and liquidity inflows, the banks also have pledged rollover of loans and credit lines at least to June 30th 2012.

On the cost side savings are planned in the areas of personnel and materials as well as other operating expense.

Graupner sold EBAGEC in Ecuador and Balsatec. (Thus, there should be some money to pay the Koreans.)

The positive continuation prognosis and thus the survival of society depends largely on the successful launch of new products, particularly in the area from RC. This is particularly the introduction of newly developed RC-system HoTT (2.4 GHz). The cooperation with suppliers to solve the problems in remote control technology is a top priority.
(The Korean development of the new Hott radios goes back into late 2009/early 2010.)
Pippin is offline Find More Posts by Pippin