HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 26, 2010, 03:16 AM
France
Joined Aug 2003
990 Posts
This thread really starts to stink.
I followed it just to be informed about the HoTT product. Instead, I'm watching a big bashing from some people (Mr. Stremmler, aka skyrock) who must spend his entire day to argue, fight, and disinform ... You claim on your profil that truth must prevail... so just do it

Please stop that immediatly and be informative and constructive instead !

Pierre Rondel
www.planet-soaring.com
prondel is offline Find More Posts by prondel
Last edited by prondel; Dec 26, 2010 at 03:30 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2010, 03:56 AM
The truth will prevail
Westbury, NY
Joined Nov 2009
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig View Post
So you consider Julian's post a "personal attack"?

You have 27 posts in this thread so far.

You started with "HoTT has no FCC approval". Well, nobody ever claimed that HoTT is an FCC approved system.

You claimed that "HoTT has a temperature problem", which turned out to be wrong.

You doubted about the HoTT receivers being programmable - which they are.

You came up with HoTT users manipulating their antennas without proof.

You claim that testers of model maganzines are not independent, which is not true. I don't think any tester is forced to do a test or manipulate results.

You misquoted posts from a German forum by incorrect/misleading translation.

I don't think I need to go further into detail.

Now you are accusing Julez for "being proud to be German" and "conspiratively publishing in RC-NETWORK.DE that he would push Graupner's HoTT system here at RCGroups"?

Again, I could not find anything in RC-Network where Julian posted anything about activities in RCGroups.

Reflecting all those points above - and other users have obviously noted it too - the question is:

What is your agenda Mr. Stremmler?

Jürgen
Well first we start with Julian.! Of course you couldn't find the posting although your visit R-Network very frequently. So here is his posting in German so that you can understand it :

Quote:
Schön, dass es dieses System gibt.
Man kann davon ausgehen, dass es wirklich gut funktionieren wird.
Erstens hat Graupner schon so ziemlich alle Fehler gemacht, die man im 2,4GHz Bereich machen kann, zweitens sind inzwischen die Userwünsche und möglichen Fallstricke gut bekannt, und drittes gehen bei denen die Lichter aus, falls das System noch ein Reinfall wird.
Kein anderer Hersteller ist derart unter Druck, was anständiges zu entwickeln.

Ich rühr schon mal die Werbetrommel drüben:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...5#post16414390
- I only copied a thread of a German forum about temperature problems. The result was that this was a failure of single RX.
- you claim that model testers of German magazines are independent and that this is true. Do you have a proof? I know that they get models and RC equipment for free for doing these independent tests.
- I never doubted that HoTT receivers are not programmable, but how can you do that if the box is not available. It was Julez who doubted that Hitec's Optima receivers are not programmable
- I did not misquote a posting or translate a posting incorrectly. The user changed it after I quoted it. I admit, I could have done better by doing immediately a quote in German language.

So what is your mission over here? Are you pushing in a US forum a system which cant be sold in US??

Juergen
skyrock is offline Find More Posts by skyrock
Last edited by skyrock; Dec 26, 2010 at 04:12 AM.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 06:19 AM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrock View Post
Well first we start with Julian.! Of course you couldn't find the posting although your visit R-Network very frequently. So here is his posting in German so that you can understand it :
- you claim that model testers of German magazines are independent and that this is true. Do you have a proof? I know that they get models and RC equipment for free for doing these independent tests.
So what is your mission over here? Are you pushing in a US forum a system which cant be sold in US??
Although I visit RC-Network frequently, I missed this post by Julian. The post you referred is from a thread which started on 28. Oct. 2010 and was closed within two days. He wrote nothing about pushing, but just announcing the new product. At that time period I had my niece with her kids over from England and we had a great time in Phantasialand, Jackelinos and in the Michael Schumacher Cart Center - time much better spent than reading closed threats.

I wrote "I don't think any tester is forced to do a test or manipulate results." Besides, Dieter Perkuhn, who wrote the article about HoTT for MFI is the technical expert for the DMFV (German Model Flying Association) and testing is part of his hobby. Do you really think he would risk his reputation over a cheap radio system?

My mission on RC Groups? Perhaps best described as promoting our hobby by presenting models, pictures, videos, answering questions of fellow modelers and informing international readers about Indoor events and competitions as part of my job being representative of the German Model Flying Association for Slowflyer.

In case you have not noticed: While RCGroups is a US forum, it is used by modelers from all over the world.

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
Old Dec 26, 2010, 06:50 AM
The truth will prevail
Westbury, NY
Joined Nov 2009
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig View Post
Although I visit RC-Network frequently, I missed this post by Julian. The post you referred is from a thread which started on 28. Oct. 2010 and was closed within two days. He wrote nothing about pushing, but just announcing the new product. At that time period I had my niece with her kids over from England and we had a great time in Phantasialand, Jackelinos and in the Michael Schumacher Cart Center - time much better spent than reading closed threats.

I wrote "I don't think any tester is forced to do a test or manipulate results." Besides, Dieter Perkuhn, who wrote the article about HoTT for MFI is the technical expert for the DMFV (German Model Flying Association) and testing is part of his hobby. Do you really think he would risk his reputation over a cheap radio system?

My mission on RC Groups? Perhaps best described as promoting our hobby by presenting models, pictures, videos, answering questions of fellow modelers and informing international readers about Indoor events and competitions as part of my job being representative of the German Model Flying Association for Slowflyer.

In case you have not noticed: While RCGroups is a US forum, it is used by modelers from all over the world.

Jürgen
This is intentionally translated wrong!

"Die Werbetrommel rühren" is exactly translated to English : I will push the roll!

So he wrote, he is going to pushing the HoTT system at RCGroups.

Are you trying to manipulate posts?

Juergen
skyrock is offline Find More Posts by skyrock
Old Dec 26, 2010, 06:51 AM
Slovakia
Joined Apr 2005
3,386 Posts
Quote:
Juergen
I consider RCGROUPS international forum. Most of posters in this thread are not u.s. citizens..
- but You are, so why do you care about HOTT?
And off topic posts are simply off topic, it should take common sense. In my opininon, many of yours (not all) are such. Or even closer to Trolling.
I am sorry that this post of me, is off topic as well.
coro is offline Find More Posts by coro
Old Dec 26, 2010, 08:11 AM
Joined Sep 2000
18,759 Posts
Quote:
This is intentionally translated wrong!

"Die Werbetrommel rühren" is exactly translated to English : I will push the roll!
"I will push the roll!" What kind of English is that supposed to be?

Have a look at how "die Werbetrommel rühren" is usually translated into English:

http://www.linguee.de/deutsch-englis...+r%FChren.html

Time to get back on topic.

Jürgen
Last edited by Jurgen Heilig; Dec 26, 2010 at 08:42 AM.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 08:14 AM
Joined Sep 2000
18,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coro View Post
Most of posters in this thread are not u.s. citizens..
- but You are, so why do you care about HOTT?
I am almost ashamed about it, but he is actually German, and so is Julian.

Jürgen
Old Dec 26, 2010, 08:48 AM
Joined Sep 2000
18,759 Posts
Somebody in the German RC forum did a range test comparison with Jeti and HoTT had more range. I just did a "crude" range comparison (transmitters in the basement - walking with the rx along the snow covered pavement outside the house) HoTT versus FASST and FASST had a slight edge over HoTT.

That being said: FASST has a huge edge over Spektrum at our flying field - even when I use Spektrum on US setting.

Jürgen
Old Dec 26, 2010, 11:53 AM
USA
Joined Sep 2003
967 Posts
I have a slight problem here.

When they all go "out of sight" and the US limit is line of sight, of what value is even more range ????

While no one in the US presently knows, the coming FAA rulings (note, Fed. Aeronautics Admin. not FCC) on sUAS (small Unmanned Aerial Systems) as well as UAV's in general could seriously crimp if not totally eliminate some aspects of RC flying in the United States.

Rumors we've got .
The intended rulings we do not have and they aren't due for initial publication until June, 2011
onewasp is offline Find More Posts by onewasp
Old Dec 26, 2010, 12:14 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,687 Posts
The Babelfish translation is horrible, I won't post it.
village_idiot is offline Find More Posts by village_idiot
Old Dec 26, 2010, 12:23 PM
USA
Joined Sep 2003
967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by village_idiot View Post
The Babelfish translation is horrible, I won't post it.

However, be prepared
Old Dec 26, 2010, 01:54 PM
Long-Time Member
Cologne, Germany
Joined Dec 1996
2,394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrock
And you are German? Boy, that's pretty bad. More like "stir to the beat of advertising." You should be ashamed of yourself.

Now for all you 2.4Ghz "experts," especially the high tech ones, lighten up and let's get back to real modern technology. This has taken yet a better and more advanced turn. This is better than anything we've got!

Guatamalen Plane Crash
James Frolik is offline Find More Posts by James Frolik
Last edited by James Frolik; Dec 26, 2010 at 02:00 PM.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 03:53 PM
Joined Sep 2000
18,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewasp View Post
I have a slight problem here.

When they all go "out of sight" and the US limit is line of sight, of what value is even more range ????
Even your old xx MHz sytems have way more range than LOS (line of sight) in normal conditions.

When the conditions are less than ideal, i.e. your tx antenna points at your model and/or your rx antenna is partially shielded by metal or carbon parts in your model, or many other systems on 2.4 GHz (other RC systems, WLAN, Bluetooth, video etc.) are on at the same time, your actual range will be less and your "surplus range" is your safety margin.

Jürgen
Old Dec 26, 2010, 04:04 PM
USA
Joined Sep 2003
967 Posts
Having flown for 50+ years I would be impressed with your argument except that I flew on six meters for 30+ of that time and have flown Spektrum since it was announced in 2006.
I have repeatedly demonstrated that I can go w-a-y out, to the point where I'm almost at my visual limit, then drop it down on the deck for a worst case RF situation, while pointing my Tx antenna and not have so much as a hiccup!

Your hypothesis would seem to make sense but it really does not in the RF world, particularly with GUID as a major factor.
Last edited by onewasp; Dec 26, 2010 at 04:23 PM.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 06:47 PM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,287 Posts
All this does not change the fact that a dipole radiator transmits less energy in the direction it is pointed.
Julez is offline Find More Posts by Julez