HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 15, 2010, 10:08 AM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Julez's Avatar
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,214 Posts
Much, much better - you can monitor the used capacity for the flight pack with Hott. This is far superior and more accurate than monitoring the voltage alone.

I just read in a german forum that a user got the info from Graupner, that in march users will have the possibility to upgrade the MX22 and MX24 radios to display the telemetry at the built-in display.
Julez is offline Find More Posts by Julez
Last edited by Julez; Dec 15, 2010 at 06:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2010, 01:53 PM
Registered User
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,288 Posts
Wrong, under 5C degree the capacity of LiPos are reduced to half.
The voltage is still right.
I flew at zero C last weekend and my 1800mAh batteres didn't delivered more than 1100mAh.
I always stated in my FPV / OSD posts, that the current sensor is the most useless gimmick in telemetry.
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2010, 06:30 PM
Registered User
Slovakia
Joined Apr 2005
3,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
Wrong, under 5C degree the capacity of LiPos are reduced to half.
The voltage is still right.
I flew at zero C last weekend and my 1800mAh batteres didn't delivered more than 1100mAh.
I always stated in my FPV / OSD posts, that the current sensor is the most useless gimmick in telemetry.
You missed the point of frozen Lipo. If You close throttle for some time and then open it once again, they should deliver some power again and again, up to full capacity.
Anyway, Your example is a bit misleading IMO. Lipo voltage under load is reduced signifficantly if cold.
And loaded Lipo does heat internally, so if load is not very light and pack is packaged for winter, they should get warm enough after some time to deliver normal capacity.
Pilot should know what is usable pack capacity, installed in his plane.
But he can not predict pack voltage (right after start) under load, if it is too cold.
coro is offline Find More Posts by coro
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2010, 12:37 PM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Julez's Avatar
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,214 Posts
When LiPos are too cold to deliver their normal capacity, they should not be used. They can be damaged by this.
Professional pilots heat their LiPos before flying in the cold, and prevent them from getting cold during the flight.
This way, one will have more power and capacity, and a healthy LiPo.
Julez is offline Find More Posts by Julez
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2010, 04:54 PM
Registered User
bfraser's Avatar
Joined Feb 2000
380 Posts
Julez, would you happen to know if the Graupner MX24 has been released yet with the Hott system in it? It looks like I need to buy a new radio and the MX24 with the Hott 2.4 is the one I think I would like to get. Also, I wonder if it is possible to remove the 2.4 ghz module and replace it with a 72 mhz one so I can still use some of my old receivers when I want to. Thanks.
bfraser is offline Find More Posts by bfraser
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2010, 06:32 PM
You can call me FANBOY!
Goodlettsville, TN
Joined Sep 2006
3,058 Posts
Graupners website isnt showing any stock available for the Hott version at the moment. If you want to be able to use it on 72Mhz you will have to order the FM version without module and get the Hott module and find a 72Mhz module for a JR 12X.
chrisf testpilot is offline Find More Posts by chrisf testpilot
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2010, 12:09 AM
Registered User
United States, OH, Cuyahoga Falls
Joined Apr 2006
224 Posts
Julez,

Do you know if Graupner plans to allow the MC24 to be upgradeable to show the telemetry on the display with the HOTT system?

Thanks,

Le fou
le fou is offline Find More Posts by le fou
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2010, 01:49 AM
Registered User
Jurgen Heilig's Avatar
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,758 Posts
mx-24 HoTT

The mx-24 HoTT is not available yet. According to a post in RC-Network, the mx-24 might also be capable to show telemetry data in the transmitter display:

http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showp...&postcount=466

So far, the mx-24 HoTT is shown with the SMART-Box. Let's wait and see.

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: InterModellBau 2014
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2010, 03:49 AM
The truth will prevail
skyrock's Avatar
Westbury, NY
Joined Nov 2009
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfraser View Post
Julez, would you happen to know if the Graupner MX24 has been released yet with the Hott system in it? It looks like I need to buy a new radio and the MX24 with the Hott 2.4 is the one I think I would like to get. Also, I wonder if it is possible to remove the 2.4 ghz module and replace it with a 72 mhz one so I can still use some of my old receivers when I want to. Thanks.
Don't know anything about regulations in Canada, but in US it would be illegal to fly with HoTT because up to now the system up did noit pass the stringent FCC regulations. (By the way they are much mor stringent the the CE regulations in Europe!)

Juergen
skyrock is offline Find More Posts by skyrock
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2010, 04:23 AM
The truth will prevail
skyrock's Avatar
Westbury, NY
Joined Nov 2009
682 Posts
Graupner's Korean partner

Some of the HoTT trolls from Germany try to avoid answering all questions concerning the Korean company having really developed the HoTT system. This company is also the manufacturing company of HoTT.

Of course for quality and reliability questions this from my perspective is an important issue.

But the trolls, captured in splendid illusions, deny answering and state:

"I personally don't know the name of the manufacturing company and I am not interested knowing it. For me it is much more interesting to know, who deals and distributes a product than which company is manufacturing it".

No comment to those Graupner trolls statements.

Juergen
skyrock is offline Find More Posts by skyrock
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2010, 04:45 AM
most exalted one
BC Canada
Joined Aug 2002
3,472 Posts
Never mind(would like to delete)
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Last edited by 4*60; Dec 19, 2010 at 04:46 AM. Reason: Too quick to respond! :)
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2010, 05:59 AM
Registered User
Jurgen Heilig's Avatar
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,758 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrock View Post
Don't know anything about regulations in Canada, but in US it would be illegal to fly with HoTT because up to now the system up did noit pass the stringent FCC regulations. (By the way they are much mor stringent the the CE regulations in Europe!)

Juergen
If the FCC regulations are more stringent, why does Spektrum have to reduce TX power in Europe?

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: InterModellBau 2014
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2010, 07:31 AM
The truth will prevail
skyrock's Avatar
Westbury, NY
Joined Nov 2009
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig View Post
If the FCC regulations are more stringent, why does Spektrum have to reduce TX power in Europe?

Jürgen

This is very simple!

In US 1W power is within FCC regulations. In Europe only 100mW EIRP are allowed.

Main difference is that for the CE label just the manufacturing company within the EU is responsible. CE therefore is only a trade barrier for imports to the EU, because all imports to the EU have to pass an independent lab.
In contrast to that producers inside the EU can just write a sheet of paper that their product is in compliance with all European regulations.

Such a paper is of no value!

FCC regulations in contrast require mandatory (expensive) tests for the product.

This is why FCC regulations are much more stringent and costly for trading companies like Graupner.

I therefore doubt whether they can afford the costs for FCC compliance and enter competition in US ?
Time will show…..

Juergen
skyrock is offline Find More Posts by skyrock
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2010, 08:18 AM
Registered User
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrock View Post
...FCC regulations in contrast require mandatory (expensive) tests for the product.

This is why FCC regulations are much more stringent and costly for trading companies like Graupner.

I therefore doubt whether they can afford the costs for FCC compliance and enter competition in US ?
Time will show…..

Juergen
So FrSky is more powerful and rich company than Graupner? Funny...
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2010, 10:27 AM
Registered User
Jurgen Heilig's Avatar
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,758 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrock View Post
Some of the HoTT trolls from Germany try to avoid answering all questions concerning the Korean company having really developed the HoTT system. This company is also the manufacturing company of HoTT.

Of course for quality and reliability questions this from my perspective is an important issue.

But the trolls, captured in splendid illusions, deny answering and state:

"I personally don't know the name of the manufacturing company and I am not interested knowing it. For me it is much more interesting to know, who deals and distributes a product than which company is manufacturing it".

No comment to those Graupner trolls statements.

Juergen
Probably I should just report your post to the moderators, but I am not that sort of guy. I only see one "troll" here:

Nobody ever claimed that HoTT has FFC approval, but that was your first post in this thread.

"Almost everything with HoTT is a promise far. ... The system is not proven in practise". Well, the truth is, that HoTT was presented as a surprise at a major model fair and the first radio systems were already sold during the fair. Graupner obviously kept the development and testing pretty secret, but it was a pleasant surprise for most modelers.

You posted "HoTT has temperature issues". Well, unfortunately for you, that was a false alarm and was corrected by the same person who reported it.

And the list goes on ...

I assume you translated part of a post in a German RC forum:

Quote:
Ich kenne den Namen des Herstellers auch nicht, aber er interessiert mich auch nicht besonders. Entscheidend sind für mich die Produkte die er liefert.
I don't know the name of the manufacturer either, but I am not very interested in it anyway. For me it is the quality of the products which counts. (not the place where it is produced).

So please: If you translate posts from a German forum into an English forum, get your facts right.

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: InterModellBau 2014
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion E-FLY 6BII 2.4GHz R/C System flashing light fuggire Radios 1 Oct 25, 2010 02:24 PM
For Sale AirField 2.4GHz DSSS N4 Radio System MTDV Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 0 Oct 11, 2010 07:57 AM
Wanted Tactic 2.4ghz radio and receiver system trade for micro microflitedude Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Oct 10, 2010 09:12 PM
Sold Tactic 2.4ghz Radio and Receiver System Trade for Micro EVEN LOWER!! microflitedude Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 0 Oct 09, 2010 04:38 PM
For Sale NEW - 2.4GHZ 2 channel Pistol R/C system SRM Cars - Cars and Parts (FS/W) 0 Oct 22, 2008 09:39 AM