to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2010, 03:20 PM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamoK View Post
And I want to hear it's working etc.
I have no doubt that HoTT will be working as advertised. Unfortunately it was raining all weekend, otherwise I would have made a comparative range check with my FASST and Spektrum systems.

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
Old Dec 12, 2010, 03:37 PM
United Kingdom, Slough
Joined Aug 2003
1,965 Posts
Quote:
Telemetry?
Yes, the XG7 has telemetry
theaton56 is offline Find More Posts by theaton56
Old Dec 12, 2010, 11:58 PM
Waitin' on a sunny day :)
Slovenia
Joined Oct 2009
172 Posts
Jurgen, that sounds cool! Please tell us something more, when you test it.

theaton56 can you paste some links, to see prices etc...?

Thanks guys!
SamoK is offline Find More Posts by SamoK
Old Dec 13, 2010, 12:15 AM
Joined Sep 2000
18,762 Posts
Quote:
theaton56 can you paste some links, to see prices etc...?
For info about JR XG7: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1327478

Street price should be approx. 300.- British Pounds:
http://www.rotorworld.co.uk/index.ph...ics&Itemid=192

Jürgen
Old Dec 13, 2010, 12:51 AM
The truth will prevail
Westbury, NY
Joined Nov 2009
682 Posts
Quote:
I have no doubt that HoTT will be working as advertised. Unfortunately it was raining all weekend, otherwise I would have made a comparative range check with my FASST and Spektrum systems.
Well, I have severe doubts!

(How many software updates will we see, before the system will really work and all bugs are removed? How many modelers will loose their models by using the HoTT system ? And didn't Graupner users claim in the past that their TX's never needed an update...?)

And as Graupner is not keeping their promises and is not shipping the HoTT components at due date, we will see any reliable results earliest summer 2011.
And by the way the MX16 is a lower class TX, Actually Graupner cant ship any module for the MX 22 and MC24.

And by the way, where is the MC-32 HoTT???
Is the MC 32 under redesign. Will Weatronic and IFS MC-32 customers still be supported after Weatronic has cancelled their special relationship with Graupner ?

And don't believe these Graupner trolls who just want to promote this system in ROW!

Juergen
skyrock is offline Find More Posts by skyrock
Old Dec 13, 2010, 01:17 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig View Post

Jürgen
Lol, check with the reference, not with these LOS neighbourhood systems. I don't write it here to not be accused
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Dec 13, 2010, 03:55 AM
Joined Sep 2000
18,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrock View Post
Well, I have severe doubts!

(How many software updates will we see, before the system will really work and all bugs are removed? How many modelers will loose their models by using the HoTT system ? And didn't Graupner users claim in the past that their TX's never needed an update...?)
I don't see any need for software updates, because the mx-12/16 HoTT uses the same software as the well established mx-12/16 systems.

And yes, my mc-16, mc-16/20 and mx-22 never required an update in all those years I have been using them.

Jürgen
Old Dec 13, 2010, 07:08 AM
Slovenia
Joined Oct 2009
172 Posts
I hope that HoTT will prove it's name.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 10:21 AM
Slovakia
Joined Apr 2005
3,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig View Post
I don't see any need for software updates, because ...........
Jürgen
Update is not any shame. Even recall is not any shame.
The shame was letting customers crash for months, but that was not Graupner who did it..

Errors start finding their room right after the very last of all those engineers stop working, and the system goes into the real world. There is allways a room for errors..
And if You create anything idiot-proof, nature will beat you by bringing better idiot.. If too many users will make equal mistake, then even if it would not be considered an error, it should better be updated.

There were few examples of very poor manufacturer behavior in the past. I mean GUID problems of more than one brand, rx temperature or incompatibility problems, or I may note cheap but feature-rich receiver that should never crash but shows way too many crashes so some people are changing the whole 2.4 brand..
But there were another companies which faced problems in public, accepted liability and solve them by update almost immediately- savin people from crashing planes and confusion. E.g. CDMA/CD problems.. by the way they repeated at least in 3 different systems till today, as far as I know..
coro is offline Find More Posts by coro
Old Dec 13, 2010, 11:31 AM
Joined Sep 2002
1,044 Posts
The mc32 had been developed by JR Propo until Graupner switched to Korea.

JR presented the mc32 quite a while ago at one of the Japanese hobby shows.

Anyway. The mc32 might be produced in Korea like Hott or Malaysia where the low end JR radios and their derivatives like DX7, mx12/16 are being assembled.

The older Graupner/JR radios and receivers were made in Japan. In the good old days.

I think, the Graupner/JR radios (with the emphasis on "JR") are not the same without the "JR" tag on the radios any longer.

A radio with integrated telemetry and a great package like the JR XG7 compared to the mx16 Hott is just an example how Graupner looks like without JR.
Pippin is offline Find More Posts by Pippin
Old Dec 13, 2010, 02:13 PM
Joined Sep 2000
18,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coro View Post
Update is not any shame. Even recall is not any shame.
Well, I agree - these things can happen, but as I said, my mc-16, mc-16/20 or mx-22 never needed a software upgrade - which is even better of course.

That being said: From a well proven system like the mx-12 or mx-16, I don't expect any surprises regarding the software and the HF part of HoTT has been thorougly tested as well. Let's wait and see. Time will tell.

Jürgen
Old Dec 13, 2010, 02:49 PM
Slovenia
Joined Oct 2009
172 Posts
Anybody knows when comes heck modul for my mc-19?

P.S.: Sorry for my offtopics.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 03:25 PM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,298 Posts
Quote:
otherwise I would have made a comparative range check with my FASST and Spektrum systems.
This would be most interesting. I can't wait!
By what I have heard so far, I suggest that HOTT will have at least 1/3rd more range.
Julez is offline Find More Posts by Julez
Old Dec 13, 2010, 06:26 PM
Joined Sep 2002
1,044 Posts
Samok,
if it looks like being found in a bin I would stay away:

http://www.graupner.de/de/products/8...tcategory.aspx
Pippin is offline Find More Posts by Pippin