SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Jan 18, 2011, 09:36 PM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithonion View Post
Just got done talking to CS rep at BH. I got confirmation that they are out of stock. More are to come in next week. So, not sure if you would want to wait if your thinking about it. We all know the old saying slow boat can be true more times then not.
I just PM'd Pete.
Hopefuly he'll be on this thread soon, and hear from him directly.
The delay may be beyond his control, but it would be nice to hear from him for continuous support on both ends.
It would probably be better too, to just remove pre-orders, but just announce a "NEW ITEM" on youtube, RCG, & store site, which could cause a lot of confusion on what is happening, or "what happened?" for those paid in advance.
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 130X Build
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2011, 10:04 PM
United States, CA, Fontana
Joined Nov 2004
741 Posts
Well crap again.

I just got an e-mail from BH with a shipping notice & tracking number. Guess one did go out before the hold. Luckly I'm 30 miles from the warehouse and can pickup the correct part. Looks like another phone call will be made tomorrow......Frigging
daylight99 is offline Find More Posts by daylight99
Old Jan 18, 2011, 10:10 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Fontana, California, United States
Joined Jul 2004
27,346 Posts
Well, I will be watching as you get it and sharing
rvincent is offline Find More Posts by rvincent
Old Jan 18, 2011, 10:44 PM
Live to fly
Sacramento
Joined Apr 2005
5,557 Posts
Well I hope it works out guys!! I won't get one till I see it in person! I got sucked in on the P-38 and what a piece of crap! Oh yeah and make sure you test everything as soon as you get it because you only have 30 days to make a claim! I agree the video makes this Mustang look like a winner...just stinks you run into so many issues!
bighead93 is offline Find More Posts by bighead93
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCX racer
Old Jan 18, 2011, 11:10 PM
swede
United States, UT, Vineyard
Joined Aug 2005
3,840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bighead93 View Post
Well I hope it works out guys!! I won't get one till I see it in person! I got sucked in on the P-38 and what a piece of crap! Oh yeah and make sure you test everything as soon as you get it because you only have 30 days to make a claim! I agree the video makes this Mustang look like a winner...just stinks you run into so many issues!

That's BS too. Look back a few posts for a friend of mines experience with the P-38.
denial15 is online now Find More Posts by denial15
Old Jan 19, 2011, 12:29 AM
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jan 2011
323 Posts
Well I started reading this thread with great excitement - but by the time I got to page 9 I decided that BananaHobby won't be getting my money. There's far too much questionable actions such as making delivery promises, charging cards for money before dispatch (they should be authorizing the card and then charging it when they ship) and it sounds like their after sales support leaves a lot to be desired.

I've had great results with two of their competitors who also offer P-51 and one of them will get my order - I don't believe that the planes are that dissimilar from each other and it's all in the customer service.

I've seen the videos that BH makes and it sounds as though the owner should have as much enthusiasm for his customers as he does for his planes.
steveclv is offline Find More Posts by steveclv
Old Jan 19, 2011, 12:50 AM
GLF4-SP Driver
USA, TX, North Richland Hills
Joined Dec 2009
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by splais View Post
Is Banana Hobby the only supplier for this plane on this side of the world? I just did a search and couldn't find anything. Does anyone know of another distributor in the US or Canada, maybe even China directly? thanks.
I have two on order. One from Hobby Shop Warehouse, Big Beautiful Doll scheme and one from Banana. I got the tracking number from HSW the other day and delivered, according to the family as I am on a trip, today. Was emailed that banana had shipped Gunfighter, but now being told not coming until Jan 24 like everyone else.
rgd1065 is offline Find More Posts by rgd1065
Old Jan 19, 2011, 12:52 AM
GLF4-SP Driver
Joined Dec 2009
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswalt View Post
I don't even want to touch that story, but I will. Once again, the scenario format below- Looks terrible either way:

A) The Quality Assurance is so dead-awful on this plane that Starmax actually shipped the same incorrect part (Horizontal Stabilizer?) across the board in every box in the container, or...

B) This is another ruse meant to buy them more time, under my earlier theory about them using our money as a front with which to place single, large orders when the interest/sales justify it.

I want to give them the benefit of the doubt because they have done right by me recently, but this whole thing gives me a bad feeling; like people on both shores are being a little dishonest.

HuffDaddy, I totally agree with you - It isn't too much to ask BH to email their buyers of a particular product when something causes an unanticipated delay of any duration. Even just an update to the order status page from "Will ship in 2-3 days" to "Exception, Recall" or something to that effect.

For me personally, it might be best to just straight cancel the order and let the waters calm down before I dive back in. I'm not a fan of this game...
My vote is number B.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 01:16 AM
Joined Nov 2004
741 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgd1065 View Post
I have two on order. One from Hobby Shop Warehouse, Big Beautiful Doll scheme and one from Banana. I got the tracking number from HSW the other day and delivered, according to the family as I am on a trip, today. Was emailed that banana had shipped Gunfighter, but now being told not coming until Jan 24 like everyone else.
Make sure you have the correct parts before putting it together
Old Jan 19, 2011, 01:19 AM
Joined Nov 2004
741 Posts
My tracking number went away and was replaced with "ship in 4 to 7 days". I feel a little better now. No matter how bad all this seems I still do not blame Banana Hobby, this is completely out of their control.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 01:35 AM
GLF4-SP Driver
Joined Dec 2009
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylight99 View Post
My tracking number went away and was replaced with "ship in 4 to 7 days". I feel a little better now. No matter how bad all this seems I still do not blame Banana Hobby, this is completely out of their control.
You had a tracking number? How does that go away? Tracking numbers are only after something has been shipped.

I always check parts, but I am curious, why do you say that?
Old Jan 19, 2011, 01:49 AM
Joined Nov 2004
741 Posts
deleted
Last edited by daylight99; Jan 20, 2011 at 12:06 AM.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 07:47 AM
United States, CA, Long Beach
Joined May 2009
504 Posts
IMO Pete should not make flight videos until he has worked out EVERYTHING with the manufacture and until he has these aircraft sitting on shelves in his warehouse! That way he can look them over and make sure everything is in the box and will assemble properly. Then he can start to take preorders and make flight videos and maybe a "what's in the box" video. So IMO it is BH and Petes fault for misleading the consumer and is bad business!!! Everyone knows BH's rep and he should be doing everything he can to "fix" that rep.
I would love to get into the hobby business one day and that is how I would run my business. YOU CAN NOT MISLEAD THE CONSUMER. If you have it in stock sell it otherwise DON'T!!! "You can't take $$$ from Peter to pay Paul"!
My 2 cents! Good luck guys! Sounds like just it's just the beginning...........
Rc247 is offline Find More Posts by Rc247
Old Jan 19, 2011, 08:47 AM
Cleveland Tx
Joined Dec 2009
397 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylight99 View Post
I would suggest it happens so frequently that they are in controll of suppliers...if your supplier is constantly screwin it up...change supplier or risk your own name...thats pretty simple.
Gonzo454 is offline Find More Posts by Gonzo454
Old Jan 19, 2011, 09:03 AM
Tally Ho!
The Netherlands
Joined Apr 2006
4,133 Posts
There are a few simple rules in retail...

first stock, then sell. If not in stock tell the customer and put a pre-order out with the possibility to pay when in stock, not in advance, as well as the possibility of cancelling an order when it gets clear the stock wont arrive in time.
Dont follow the facts, be ahead of the facts.
Never make a promise you know you cannot keep.
Keep your service high, your communication lines short and clear, and do not tempt buyers with lies,
hold them on a leash with half-truths and what have you.

Then, and only then will your business flourish.

KM
kusunokimasahige is offline Find More Posts by kusunokimasahige
Closed Thread