HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Oct 28, 2010, 10:32 PM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,120 Posts
New Product
Banana Hobby's P-51 Mustang 64" Wing Span SNEAK PEAK!

I saw this posted on Face book A new P-51 Mustang 64" Wing Span and its different from the other big Mustang that is sold by Hobby City and if you look at the pics it has spit flaps and a tall tail. Whats up with that.
Mikemynameis is online now Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 29, 2010, 01:21 PM
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined Oct 2008
125 Posts
Looks really quite good, even as a prototype. I looked at the man, many other pics over on facebook. Seems to have a better overall appearance than anything out there right now. The spinner and cowling merge nicely, unlike the one HK is selling. Split flaps look well done. Waiting to hear much more on this one.
-Rittmeister- is offline Find More Posts by -Rittmeister-
Old Oct 29, 2010, 05:16 PM
Ldm
United States, PA, Conestoga
Joined Jun 2006
8,200 Posts
Split flaps ??? on a P40 maybe but on a mustang ?
Ldm is online now Find More Posts by Ldm
Old Oct 29, 2010, 11:09 PM
wishing for Tomcat...
United States, CA, Irvine
Joined Jun 2009
730 Posts
Can't quite say what's wrong with it , but the profile view just does not evoke that special feeling I get from looking at P-51D's. And if "Blitz RC Works" brings in a Mustang with split flaps when PZ and "Airfield" are setting the scale bar higher, it's a major step backward. I dare say few people will buy it.
turbinefancy is offline Find More Posts by turbinefancy
Old Oct 29, 2010, 11:42 PM
Ldm
United States, PA, Conestoga
Joined Jun 2006
8,200 Posts
I agree , you know the foam guys are getting it right , why take a step backwards .
The new FMS line /airfield being distributed by Nitro is getting better and better , just look at the Corsair --the gear doors ect are better then my esm $400 Corsair .

Add Bananas questionable history and the absolute fact that they sell most planes at 30% to 50% higher then the same planes sold on Hobby King ) why take a chance ?
Look at the P39 from Hobby King vs Banana hobby , I think these companys in China that use BH as an exclusive distributor are crazy and the great new jets will sit as they also are 50% higher then other options on the net
Ldm is online now Find More Posts by Ldm
Old Nov 05, 2010, 10:30 AM
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Thanks Twiz for starting this thread. I appreciate all the feedback here. I know of the areas that are mentioned. Please keep in mind this is a true prototype. We have revisions for several areas including the split flaps. They will not be split. Thanks again and I appreciate all your feedback!

Regards,

Pete
banana hobby is offline Find More Posts by banana hobby
Old Nov 05, 2010, 09:20 PM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,120 Posts
I hope it was ok to start this I did the same on the B-17. That B-17 looks great would love to have one of those
Old Jan 10, 2011, 10:25 AM
Joined Dec 2007
4 Posts
You know, if Pete spent more time handling his companies customer service issues and less time here, maybe he'd have a decent company.
rcdude777 is offline Find More Posts by rcdude777
Old Jan 10, 2011, 10:34 AM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Fontana, California, United States
Joined Jul 2004
27,495 Posts
Pete I enjoyed seeing you again at the AMA Show. This plane looked great! The flaps are now correct guys and the scale prop just MAKES this plane Can't wait to get mine

And Mike, YES the B-17 is sweet too!
rvincent is online now Find More Posts by rvincent
Old Jan 10, 2011, 11:04 AM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,120 Posts
Cant beat the price either at $199.99
Old Jan 10, 2011, 12:11 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Fontana, California, United States
Joined Jul 2004
27,495 Posts
I agree Mike! That prop and Nav light put it over for me. Even the angle of the retracts was right. The flight video was great and seemed to have good power. Really looking forward to this one!
rvincent is online now Find More Posts by rvincent
Old Jan 10, 2011, 01:20 PM
GLF4-SP Driver
USA, TX, North Richland Hills
Joined Dec 2009
331 Posts
That looks a lot like the Starmax..........
rgd1065 is offline Find More Posts by rgd1065
Old Jan 10, 2011, 02:11 PM
Warbird crazy!
United States, CA, San Mateo
Joined Sep 2004
3,756 Posts
Great scale detail. Impressive for sure given the price.

John
new2rc is online now Find More Posts by new2rc
Old Jan 11, 2011, 08:04 AM
Capt, USAF
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Feb 2009
922 Posts
I'm taking a chance on this one - I like that the tail wheel is retractable, it has LG forward rake, nav lights, and a nice looking paint scheme. EPO construction, removeable wings, and flaps are awesome as well, especially considering the cost! Almost too good to be true.... I really hope this is at least an average flyer! Where is the flight video located?

I placed my order last night and as with all things BH, I'm not expecting it anytime soon (Although they did change their stock status to - "Usually ships in 1-3 days.") We'll see how long the delay is and what the reason turns out to be!
Roswalt is offline Find More Posts by Roswalt
Old Jan 11, 2011, 08:25 AM
Yuma, AZ
Joined Oct 2003
348 Posts
This plane is in stock in a couple of the trim schemes on their site. but what is this about getting rid of the split flaps? Is this something already done, or something coming? Wht exactly are they selling right now? thanks.
splais is offline Find More Posts by splais
Closed Thread