HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 19, 2011, 12:02 PM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gartenzwerg View Post
Yes, you definitely found the right guy to develop/test the VMX here

The VMX looked very easy to drive, and was still very fast in the corners.

Regarding the Motor: We don't care about 540 or 550. Rules say: If you run 2s and no front Brake, it's "Stock", if it's 3s and/or front brake, it's "Expert".
Both classes race together, and usually there's not much difference in the lap times.

Actually this was no "Alpen Cup" race.
This was the first race of the austrian "RC-Bike Onroad Cup" powered by rcracepro.at, where we run a SuperMoto class beside 8th Scale and 5th Scale Bikes.
Still, most of the guys race at the Alpen Cup too

The Alpen Cup is Off-Road only, and has 3 races (Austria, Germany, Italy).

Another Victory for Venom: Axel Hellwig from Germany won the 8th Scale class with his GPV-1

My ARm bike had electronic problems on Sunday, (A 2.4GHz Radio that glitched ), so I finished only one final.

Thanks for the clarification that makes sense now.

Do you have photos of Axels GPV from the race? That is great news also. Too bad you had glitches that is strange from a 2.4 system.
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 19, 2011, 07:33 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizardracer View Post
chook,
i have a spare o ring kit (i bought a few from Bruce for "stock")

i am also located in vic, so if your desperate, let me know and just replace them for me whenever

cheers
thanks for the offer mate i will try chris`s tip if i carnt get them to work i will get in touch is your bikes fork set up smooth or did they need some work im in boronia were are you from i see you know roofas
choook is offline Find More Posts by choook
Old Apr 19, 2011, 08:15 PM
Lloydminster AB
Joined Dec 2010
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro View Post
Special thanks and congratualtions go out to Manfred Hallmann our Venom VMX 450 Factoy Pilot in Germany for winning the first round of the Alpen Cup Supermoto 1/4 scale class in Rosenheim Germany this weekend.

Manfred raced against top drivers from Europe to win this first round and post impressive fast times for his first time racing with the VMX in a very competitive field.

That marks the first competitve event for the new Stealth SMR Supermoto tires and a win in class.

Great Job Manfred! We look forward to more races and podium finishes. I hope to join you there soon!

Chris
Is there any chance of seeing a video of this great victory?
cwazyduck is offline Find More Posts by cwazyduck
Old Apr 19, 2011, 09:27 PM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,253 Posts
LOW CoG VMX battery

Did some searching for the best fitting, shortest (lowest CoG), highest MAH (4000 mah) rated at 50C 7.4 volt lipo battery. MAX AMPS sells a saddle pack that is L=68 mm x W=46 mm x HT= 16 mm. The VMX's battery box is 130mm x 47mm x 29.9 mm. which to me says that with a little filing on the 29.9 mm sides of the battery box, we have a fat squatty battery with a low CoG and pretty good battery capacity for at least 10 minutes of run time!
Max Amps will use these cells to build me a normal stack style pack that will be thinner because they will use only a single shrink wrap tube to build the 2 cell pack, so I probably won't need to file the box at all!
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
Old Apr 19, 2011, 10:13 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwazyduck View Post
Is there any chance of seeing a video of this great victory?
I'm still waiting for video of the Venom VMX "Track Day".....
Akura2 is online now Find More Posts by Akura2
Old Apr 19, 2011, 10:26 PM
Québec, Canada
Joined Mar 2010
64 Posts
A video of at least 6 vmx on a 1/8 track and racing would be cool to see. Here I try to convince my friends to buy a vmx so we can race this summer. I'm running mine supermotard style because the 1/8 track is not open yet ( snow on track)
tntpower is offline Find More Posts by tntpower
Old Apr 20, 2011, 12:23 AM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,789 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDave View Post
Did some searching for the best fitting, shortest (lowest CoG), highest MAH (4000 mah) rated at 50C 7.4 volt lipo battery. MAX AMPS sells a saddle pack that is L=68 mm x W=46 mm x HT= 16 mm. The VMX's battery box is 130mm x 47mm x 29.9 mm. which to me says that with a little filing on the 29.9 mm sides of the battery box, we have a fat squatty battery with a low CoG and pretty good battery capacity for at least 10 minutes of run time!
Max Amps will use these cells to build me a normal stack style pack that will be thinner because they will use only a single shrink wrap tube to build the 2 cell pack, so I probably won't need to file the box at all!
You are on a mission. I love it. I plan on trying some of your other cog ideas soon but I want a good feel for the bike before I do. Last weekend was first time I got to use all 3 of my batteries in an hour session. Until racing becomes a reality, I will hold off on the batteries for now. Lots to learn with setups etc. Hope it works though, good luck.
JohnnyMc is online now Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Apr 20, 2011, 01:52 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2007
657 Posts
Quote:
Do you have photos of Axels GPV from the race? That is great news also.
I did not take any photos, but there were some cameras around.

As soon as I see something (Video or Photo), I'll post a link.
Gartenzwerg is online now Find More Posts by Gartenzwerg
Old Apr 20, 2011, 03:39 AM
build, fly, crash...repeat
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Apr 2011
1,559 Posts
Quote:
The LVCO should be set to 3.0V to be safe so the pack will come off the bike warm.
Thanks Chris! Personally, after having customer support issues with a couple of premium lipo manufacturers, even 3.1v/cell is too low for my taste. I admit, I may be conservative, but it would be great if you'd add 3.2v or even 3.3v to the list of customer enhancement request for the next version of ESC firmware

Cheers
marksp is offline Find More Posts by marksp
Old Apr 20, 2011, 08:53 AM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
You are on a mission. I love it. I plan on trying some of your other cog ideas soon but I want a good feel for the bike before I do. Last weekend was first time I got to use all 3 of my batteries in an hour session. Until racing becomes a reality, I will hold off on the batteries for now. Lots to learn with setups etc. Hope it works though, good luck.
JOHNNY, Yeah I'm on a mission, lol. I have 2 DTX's that are so stable at low speed (i LOVE TO SHOW PEOPLE THAT YOU CAN ACTUALLY STOP THE DTX FOR A MOMENT AND THEN RESTART WITHOUT FALLING OVER) and they jump and land so well that I want the VMX to do the low speed stuff as well as it does the faster stuff. Everything about the VMX says it should out perform the DTX in every catagory and I'm trying to get mine there! Yeah take your time to get a good feel for how it all works stock and then you will appreciate the mods-- good or bad. HAVE FUN FIRST!
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
Last edited by TopDave; Apr 20, 2011 at 11:40 AM.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 02:35 PM
Joined Sep 2003
6,696 Posts
I'd like to get the bike to really slow down too... it will make for easier running on smaller tracks
Old Apr 20, 2011, 02:35 PM
Joined Sep 2003
6,696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gartenzwerg View Post
I did not take any photos, but there were some cameras around.

As soon as I see something (Video or Photo), I'll post a link.
I can't wait
Old Apr 20, 2011, 02:36 PM
Joined Sep 2003
6,696 Posts
Hey Chris... did you guys actually take video of the "track day" or just the stills?
Old Apr 20, 2011, 02:37 PM
Joined Sep 2003
6,696 Posts
Darn.. I'm trying to get to page 100
Old Apr 20, 2011, 02:37 PM
Joined Sep 2003