HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 09, 2011, 03:04 PM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
TopDave's Avatar
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDave View Post
pre fix, yes. Post fix no.
I just discovered that you MUST HAVE SOME side play in the rear wheel, if you take it all out, you bind up that beautiful free spinning gyro we all worked so hard to free up!! DON'T ASK HOW I KNOW, LOL
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2011, 03:16 PM
Editor, RCCA
Guidoracer's Avatar
Joined Nov 2004
3,211 Posts
Dave: And just how hot did your wheel get?
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2011, 03:24 PM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
TopDave's Avatar
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guidoracer View Post
Dave: And just how hot did your wheel get?
Nothing melted or turned blue, lol. Glad I used Mobil 1 synthetic, doesn't catch fire til over 450*!!
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2011, 04:50 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
JohnnyMc's Avatar
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkidmotors View Post
put my hands on the bike yesterday was pretty impressed but the forks to stiff i know they need oil the rear end to soft but i do like the rubber rider just wondering if he will rip easilly though
Did you buy one or just check one out? Maybe if you get an e-gyro for the arx you can see if it can be converted to vmx. Forks could have other things going on that I discovered (tight triples, wheel hub pushing fork stems wide, ...). Oh, and the throttle hand on my rider had 2 small rips that probably were my fault taking rider on/off. CA glue fixed it.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Last edited by JohnnyMc; Feb 09, 2011 at 04:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2011, 07:16 PM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2005
675 Posts
Just got back from my third run with this bike. Im really getting the hang of this now. Gyro worked alot better, and I didnt break anything. This bike is a blast and I cant wait to run it again.
soulreaper is offline Find More Posts by soulreaper
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2011, 07:33 PM
Registered User
Disposable Hero's Avatar
Maryland, USA
Joined Oct 2010
89 Posts
where the heck is Chris from venom??...be nice if he would show up now that the bikes are shipping out to get some feedback! what he needs to do is get some RTR's and have them shipped from the factory and do a test run on them and see what the heck is going on?....there's just no need to have this many problems out of the gate with the vmx that was being "tested" so dam long. I'm not blameing Chris but he should really being doing some quality checks on the factory that is supposedly assembling them. Seems he's disappeared as soon as these things started hitting shelves. Venom makes a lot of stuff, boats,bikes,etc.,..problem is(I bought a boat a while back) and it was a P.O.S....they(Venom) would be better off doing something like the VMX and perfecting it then trying to build several different models and letting the quality slack off.....just my two cents..

p.s. note to venom- quit slapping "Venom" stickers all over your models, they look rediculous! You spend so much time trying to get them to look realistic and to scale then you destroy the whole look with your cheesey decals..
Disposable Hero is offline Find More Posts by Disposable Hero
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2011, 07:47 PM
floating and flying
misfitsailor's Avatar
Stockton, CA USA
Joined Jun 2005
332 Posts
I agree with dragbikebam, The electronics that come with the bike are great. In fact, I bought a Futaba 3PL for my Baja 5B SS last month, just before I bought the VMX 450. I wish I knew that the radio that came with the bike was going to be so cool, I could have saved some money and used it for the Baja also. So far, I like programming the Venom radio better than the Futaba.

Oh, I changed out the battery and ESC connectors to Deans yesterday. A worthwhile upgrade.
misfitsailor is offline Find More Posts by misfitsailor
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2011, 07:53 PM
Registered User
MKGrinch's Avatar
USA, NY, Hicksville
Joined Feb 2011
44 Posts
Hi Folks!!!! I have been reading and watching this site since Nov. I am an RC addicit..I am wondering if I should purchase the VMX or should I just wait for venom to tweak there product...This would be my first Bike!!! I race cars and trucks and know nothing on bikes....Also I am a new member here....Looking forward to make new friends here!
MKGrinch is offline Find More Posts by MKGrinch
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2011, 07:57 PM
kun114
kun114's Avatar
Westminster, MD USA
Joined Apr 2005
652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDave View Post
I just discovered that you MUST HAVE SOME side play in the rear wheel, if you take it all out, you bind up that beautiful free spinning gyro we all worked so hard to free up!! DON'T ASK HOW I KNOW, LOL
Dave I learned this too. Sorry I forgot to mention it in my post. I'm not very good at explaining things. Glad you guys caught on to what I was trying to say since my pictures didn't turn out.
Wish I would have thought about trying to more the ring gear instead. maybe I'll look into this next time I have it apart. If there's a next time.
kun114 is offline Find More Posts by kun114
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2011, 08:10 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2010
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disposable Hero View Post
where the heck is Chris from venom??...be nice if he would show up now that the bikes are shipping out to get some feedback! what he needs to do is get some RTR's and have them shipped from the factory and do a test run on them and see what the heck is going on?....there's just no need to have this many problems out of the gate with the vmx that was being "tested" so dam long. I'm not blameing Chris but he should really being doing some quality checks on the factory that is supposedly assembling them. Seems he's disappeared as soon as these things started hitting shelves. Venom makes a lot of stuff, boats,bikes,etc.,..problem is(I bought a boat a while back) and it was a P.O.S....they(Venom) would be better off doing something like the VMX and perfecting it then trying to build several different models and letting the quality slack off.....just my two cents..

p.s. note to venom- quit slapping "Venom" stickers all over your models, they look rediculous! You spend so much time trying to get them to look realistic and to scale then you destroy the whole look with your cheesey decals..

Chris is in Germany.

Man, if you hate venom so much, why are you constantly on this thread? The bike is solid, best on the market period. A couple manufacturing flaws are the only issue, and we are all just trying to help each other out and get them fixed and work on easy fixes. It happens. $300 for a bike that took a ton of engineering to even make a reality....thats a freeking bargain. There is no reason to talk crap to anyone that is bringing innovative ideas to the table and taking the risk to do so. People that talk crap about it and have no clue, or anything productive to the table disgust me. Get out from behind the keyboard and make something better.
Outkast187 is offline Find More Posts by Outkast187
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2011, 08:15 PM
kun114
kun114's Avatar
Westminster, MD USA
Joined Apr 2005
652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outkast187 View Post
Chris is in Germany.

Man, if you hate venom so much, why are you constantly on this thread? The bike is solid, best on the market period. A couple manufacturing flaws are the only issue, and we are all just trying to help each other out and get them fixed and work on easy fixes. It happens. $300 for a bike that took a ton of engineering to even make a reality....thats a freeking bargain. There is no reason to talk crap to anyone that is bringing innovative ideas to the table and taking the risk to do so. People that talk crap about it and have no clue, or anything productive to the table disgust me. Get out from behind the keyboard and make something better.
Took words right out of my mouth.
I don't recall seeing anyone say they regret getting this bike. Every RC I have owned over the years has needed some teaking to get it to my personal likings.
I'm ready to order a second one for myself, since the one I already got was really for my son.
kun114 is offline Find More Posts by kun114
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2011, 08:42 PM
Registered User
621clay's Avatar
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Dec 2009
1,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outkast187 View Post
Chris is in Germany.

Man, if you hate venom so much, why are you constantly on this thread? The bike is solid, best on the market period. A couple manufacturing flaws are the only issue, and we are all just trying to help each other out and get them fixed and work on easy fixes. It happens. $300 for a bike that took a ton of engineering to even make a reality....thats a freeking bargain. There is no reason to talk crap to anyone that is bringing innovative ideas to the table and taking the risk to do so. People that talk crap about it and have no clue, or anything productive to the table disgust me. Get out from behind the keyboard and make something better.
Second that motion, The Gpv is the only reason i got into bikes, i like the thunder tiger, Nova etc, but i have bills to pay and no one that even wants to run a bike. So the Gpv was my window and i stepped through it like a mad man, you guys have seen it on the thread..... I dont even want to run it sometimes its so pretty. As for the stickers.... ya they are interesting, pull them off! replace them then.

On another note just to be on boths sides of "crap and glory" Chris's bike is taking a much bigger beating on the videos then i have put mine through "yet"... Maybe it is a manufacters issue.... That being noted and mentioned SOOOOO many times, Pull the bike apart... build it with care, make it right... take pictures and do what Dez did for the GPV.... Sticky the Darn thing and lets move to something else.

Cheers
621clay is offline Find More Posts by 621clay
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2011, 09:34 PM
Registered User
Disposable Hero's Avatar
Maryland, USA
Joined Oct 2010
89 Posts
Actually I do..

As a matter of fact I make custom speed boats for a living(full size... not toys), so its safe to say I do get out from behind this keyboard and do something nobody else has the balls to take a chance on, and maybe thats why I notice "manufacturing flaws" in other companies products more so then most, but in my line of work you can't have flaws, reputation is everything. As far as my post I'm sorry If I've offended anybody that wasn't my intent. I think the VMX has TONS of potential but has some serious quality control issues when it comes to assembly. I have 3 rickys and an ARX with every hop-up imaginable on them and even though they are a bit dated, they are pretty much bulletproof in design(and I beat the hell out of em), so maybe Ive been a bit spoiled as far as durability. I've been so on the edge about getting a vmx and am so frustrated, but I just dont need to buy yet another "project" and would like to buy something that works out of the box...again sorry if I bothered anybody..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outkast187 View Post
Chris is in Germany.

Man, if you hate venom so much, why are you constantly on this thread? The bike is solid, best on the market period. A couple manufacturing flaws are the only issue, and we are all just trying to help each other out and get them fixed and work on easy fixes. It happens. $300 for a bike that took a ton of engineering to even make a reality....thats a freeking bargain. There is no reason to talk crap to anyone that is bringing innovative ideas to the table and taking the risk to do so. People that talk crap about it and have no clue, or anything productive to the table disgust me. Get out from behind the keyboard and make something better.
Disposable Hero is offline Find More Posts by Disposable Hero
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2011, 10:12 PM
floating and flying
misfitsailor's Avatar
Stockton, CA USA
Joined Jun 2005
332 Posts
First bling!

New alloy triple clamps arrived today!



Just in from the UPS man about an hour ago! Along with enough spare parts (I hope) to last for quite a while...

The fit is perfect, as is the alignment of the forks. The stock screws are re-used.

Bought mine from 2WheelHobbies.
misfitsailor is offline Find More Posts by misfitsailor
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2011, 10:43 PM
Registered User
621clay's Avatar
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Dec 2009
1,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disposable Hero View Post
As a matter of fact I make custom speed boats for a living(full size... not toys), so its safe to say I do get out from behind this keyboard and do something nobody else has the balls to take a chance on, and maybe thats why I notice "manufacturing flaws" in other companies products more so then most, but in my line of work you can't have flaws, reputation is everything. As far as my post I'm sorry If I've offended anybody that wasn't my intent. I think the VMX has TONS of potential but has some serious quality control issues when it comes to assembly. I have 3 rickys and an ARX with every hop-up imaginable on them and even though they are a bit dated, they are pretty much bulletproof in design(and I beat the hell out of em), so maybe Ive been a bit spoiled as far as durability. I've been so on the edge about getting a vmx and am so frustrated, but I just dont need to buy yet another "project" and would like to buy something that works out of the box...again sorry if I bothered anybody..
Did not bother me, just hope the negative feedback doesnt keep people from buying. Promote! Promote! Promote!
621clay is offline Find More Posts by 621clay
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion HoobyKing new dirt bike vs. venom vmx 450 amitgv1 Motorcycles 19 Oct 13, 2010 12:09 PM
Discussion Duratrax DX450 VS. Venom VMX 450 Butters Motorcycles 31 Mar 18, 2010 04:41 PM
Discussion VMX 1/4 Scale Dirt Bike Venom Media Venom 4 Mar 01, 2010 07:41 PM
Discussion Venom VMX 450 MX Bike! Mark Headling Motorcycles 2 Feb 09, 2010 12:44 PM
Discussion The Original 1/4 Scale RC nitro dirt bike from the 70's Magicd1 Motorcycles 6 Oct 02, 2006 03:06 AM