Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 12, 2010, 10:24 AM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gartenzwerg View Post
On the video it looks very good, especially on that BMX Track.

When seeing the ride height in the rear, I thought "Yes, they are doing the same we are doing to our AR bikes on slippery tracks". Reduce the ride height in the rear (=make it soft), and stability goes up significantly.

I'm very keen to see one in the flesh, and run it head to head to the other bikes that are available. It sure looks like it has potential!

Changing the track isn't always possible
But I know what you mean.

Yes and one thing you do by lowering the rear is change the rake angle of the forks which adds to the stability of the bike.
The BMX track is huge! You dont realize how big until you try to drive on it but I was full throttle the whole time. Its fun but its actually too big! The best part was I didnt move one foot the whole time. You can self turn marshall pretty easy with the VMX. I stood in the same place the whole time I drove the bike and didnt have to go to the bike to get it back on track.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 11:48 AM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro View Post
The RTR is $369.99 and I dont have the price of the kit yet.
will the kit be an upgraded version. And this is probably the big one will it be released at the same time as the rtr if not how much later.who cares about price after waiting this long
Gaz-b is offline Find More Posts by Gaz-b
Old Nov 12, 2010, 01:09 PM
Joined Jul 2006
299 Posts
I attempt to race LOL the on road bikes here in the UK.

sadly the scene isnt as big as it deserves to be, but the people that organise things here have worked hard and Im confident that next year things will be better

these off road bikes always seem to "bob" about, but Im astounded at the hammering that it was taking in the video, the only problem you might have created is a lack of spares market LOL
AC-racing is offline Find More Posts by AC-racing
Old Nov 12, 2010, 01:21 PM
Joined Feb 2004
4,356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz-b View Post
will the kit be an upgraded version. And this is probably the big one will it be released at the same time as the rtr if not how much later.who cares about price after waiting this long
I may be off on the price, I just quoted the website that is currently showing $369.99. Anyhow the kit price will be in the same ball park but probably less. It will come with option parts for sure. Release time will be after the RTR but I dont have a date for that yet.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 01:48 PM
Joined Feb 2004
4,356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-racing View Post
I attempt to race LOL the on road bikes here in the UK.

sadly the scene isnt as big as it deserves to be, but the people that organise things here have worked hard and Im confident that next year things will be better

these off road bikes always seem to "bob" about, but Im astounded at the hammering that it was taking in the video, the only problem you might have created is a lack of spares market LOL
Ahh cool well I hope the off road scene takes off for you guys as well. It might because these bikes are more basher oriented and dont require that much set up like on road bikes can.

You may be right but I hope that is minimal and others try to fill in the gaps with option parts as well to support the bikes more.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 07:20 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,784 Posts
Quote:
So based on the video of the RTR VMX do you guys think its pretty capable right out of the box? What are your thoughts based on the video, I know its hard to say but what is your impression?
Looks great out of the box and it can take a crash. The bmx clips are the closest to what I wanted to see - how it would run on rc tracks motocross/supercross style. The jumping sections looked really stable. It will be really fun trying to find the best settings for a track, maybe even experiment with tire treads like bowtie, etc. Cant wait!
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Nov 14, 2010, 09:43 PM
United States, GA, Savannah
Joined Mar 2003
237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disposable Hero View Post
I think this is like the 4th or 5th time.....glad I just got a couple new rickys and tricked them out...got tired of waiting. They still need to do something about the rider's colors...he looks like a cross between Flash-Gordon and Darth Mall...that red/black/and silver thing just ain't working...
What could be the problem?....they keep pushing the date back
Yeah you can keep testing/improving till 2012 and it will be better. Go ahead a release it and we can buy upgrades (we will anyway)
More development = more time = more $

BIGAIR is offline Find More Posts by BIGAIR
Old Nov 15, 2010, 01:55 AM
Maryland, USA
Joined Oct 2010
89 Posts
doesn't suprise me...as good as it looks...videos and neat pics dont mean squat when you can't buy it. Don't get me wrong I'm all for sneak peaks and a lil intel on an upcoming product, but when you keep announcing and then changing release dates all you do is piss of potential customers(like me). I also do RC tanks and Hooben has been talking about their 1/16 T-55 and were making and changing release dates for over a 2 years! Now that they are out hardly anyone will buy one simply on principle........ I went ahead and bought 2 new Ricky Carmichael bikes and have full uprades from Dam's racing and a 19t motor and this thing flies on an 8.4v battery packs.....
Disposable Hero is offline Find More Posts by Disposable Hero
Last edited by Disposable Hero; Dec 24, 2010 at 10:27 AM.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 03:06 AM
AR Racing
Italy, near Milan
Joined Mar 2005
930 Posts
Not to mention the fact that you slow the market of the actual producer....

Potential buyers are waiting for the bike to see which is better and don't buy what's actually produced.

It's funny at Nurnberg when I asked Chris which was the release date he said March, when I asked him if he meant 2011 he replied: 2010!

Ciao
Jena67 is offline Find More Posts by Jena67
Old Nov 15, 2010, 09:39 AM
Joined Nov 2010
4 Posts
hi im new here and interested in a bike and this looks super amazing
(was planing on xtm rail when i saw that i was man i got 2 cars already ... make a chagne
soo im newbie some question and a request
can some one tell me the size of the battery box and maybe a pic of it open
would be nice

i never got the counter steering thing if im driving on road or off road and i want to go to the right side should i turn the transmitter right or to the left soo the wheel would go right ??? please hellp and hope thie will come out dec and not later
oh and one last question i dont want the rider figure to wibble soo much soo can i get recommandations what to do and pics will be coolio
thx to helpers
moshatheking is offline Find More Posts by moshatheking
Old Nov 15, 2010, 11:25 AM
Joined Feb 2004
4,356 Posts
Well we cant always control all things realted to production and I'm not on here to make excuses. Things take as long as they take and sometimes they dont go as planned so it takes longer.
I designed this bike from a blank piece of paper not by converting an exisiting product so there was no guidance or short cut for this one, its all original. If we had made a clone of a bike then of course we would be talking about something else entirely by now, like the next bike or something.

Production is in full swing and we expect units to land here in December.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 11:36 AM
Joined Feb 2004
4,356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moshatheking View Post
hi im new here and interested in a bike and this looks super amazing
(was planing on xtm rail when i saw that i was man i got 2 cars already ... make a chagne
soo im newbie some question and a request
can some one tell me the size of the battery box and maybe a pic of it open
would be nice

i never got the counter steering thing if im driving on road or off road and i want to go to the right side should i turn the transmitter right or to the left soo the wheel would go right ??? please hellp and hope thie will come out dec and not later
oh and one last question i dont want the rider figure to wibble soo much soo can i get recommandations what to do and pics will be coolio
thx to helpers

Welcome!

The battery compartment is 150x30x50mm so a 2 or 3 cell Lipo can fit and any other similar packs. We typically use a 2S 5000mah car pack.

Counter steering is just as you describe but you turn left to go left or turn right to go right. The bike will do the opposite mechanically but it will go in the direction you command.
Changing the size of the turn your making has to do with speed and lean angle. This is when counter steering becomes more important. You will control the lean angle by steering in the opposite direction of the turn. At the same time you have to slow down or speed up to manage the turn and exit.
This is more difficult to explain than it is to do so once you get your VMX you will see, its not very hard to drive.

The rider figure is made from foam so its going to be hard to make him rigid.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 01:22 PM
Everett, Wa
Joined Sep 2004
261 Posts
You Know there will be no difference in this Bikes performance verses an already proven ARX. Period. It uses all the same principles that ARX has used and presented and even raced with for at least 4 years. The only thing that can help a person in the U.S. would be parts ability and if the Bike is actually way cheaper verses quality. My local hobby shops in Wa State does'nt even carry the On Road Venom Bikes. The only thing thats coming down the road if it happens will be that direct steering setup that Dave is working on.And I wanted to add that I hope the venom is a success so we have Dirt Bike racing here in the Northwest. And my Christmas wish would be to have ARX have a U.S. Distributor with all there stuff.
lazer is offline Find More Posts by lazer
Last edited by lazer; Nov 15, 2010 at 02:35 PM.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 01:29 PM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,198 Posts
Touché!

Quote:
Well we cant always control all things realted to production and I'm not on here to make excuses. Things take as long as they take and sometimes they dont go as planned so it takes longer.
I designed this bike from a blank piece of paper not by converting an exisiting product so there was no guidance or short cut for this one, its all original. If we had made a clone of a bike then of course we would be talking about something else entirely by now, like the next bike or something.

Production is in full swing and we expect units to land here in December.
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer