HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 27, 2013, 03:08 PM
United Kingdom, Beverley
Joined May 2012
154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Bradbury View Post
A VMX for sale on ebay, with Chris N's tweaked forks.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1709958527...84.m1423.l2649

Sadly it's LPU only. Lets hope it finds a good home.
not been on here in a while haha,
and sorry guys but that is my bike,
not got time for the awesome thing any more, working constantly! :/

and yep lets hope it does!
also whats LPU?
Kurtis is offline Find More Posts by Kurtis
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2013, 03:26 PM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,378 Posts
Local Pick Up.

If you will sell 'the' forks separately then I'll take them.
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Old Feb 27, 2013, 04:05 PM
United Kingdom, Beverley
Joined May 2012
154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Bradbury View Post
Local Pick Up.

If you will sell 'the' forks separately then I'll take them.
nope not local pick up no more mate, can deliver it now and nah its all going as a package,
sorry
Kurtis is offline Find More Posts by Kurtis
Old Mar 16, 2013, 11:20 PM
Puerto Rico, Guayama, Guayama
Joined Jun 2006
1,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro View Post
Here is an overlay comparison of the VMX 450 and a Kawasaki 450F.
Impressive
davehour is offline Find More Posts by davehour
Old Jul 12, 2013, 10:38 AM
RCMCConline com
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
3,224 Posts
subscribity
Kev71H is online now Find More Posts by Kev71H
Old Jul 15, 2013, 02:58 PM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,190 Posts
Track update

Finally got over to the track yesterday late afternoon to see what all the rain has done for the track last week. Happy to report the "sandy berms" that I let sit rather than scrape them off survived the rain and now have a hard crust that will support my weight now that the sun has baked them for a few days. I guess they were so dried out that I thought they were pure sand with pebbly rocks through out (still has the pebbles/rocks), but apparently there was enough clay in them to hold their shape after packing them and the rain soaking them down. I threw the bike down on the track for a few laps without any raking or sweeping and I think after using a compactor and smoothing out some of the berms we can have some wheel to wheel fun with the bikes. The bike really likes not having to contend with all the off cambers and as long as I really control the throttle I can run very consistent laps with very few bobbles! We think we have a plan on how to improve the off camber RH turn after the double jump by adding some dirt on the outside edge of the landing ramp and tapering it towards the right hand side of the of the ramp, forming a banked turn with no off camber unless you totally over jump the double. We are also thinking about lengthening the left end of the track to allow us to move the double jumps back to the left the same amount to try to "soften" that RH turn after the double jump too which will allow us to land the jump straight without trying to turn the bike immediately upon landing. That area right now is so "busy" because you have to hit the jump straight, land with the brakes on, (on an off camber) steer to the right, add gas and turn left on another off camber and get it all straightened up for the hill / jump entering the 90* LH turn onto the straightaway! The weather here is going to be crazy hot (90+)and humid all week but Ill try to get it done in the evenings.
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
Last edited by TopDave; Jul 15, 2013 at 03:08 PM.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 03:49 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,673 Posts
^ This is what happens when old threads get resurrected lol. Nice read now hopefully it can die in peace.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Jul 15, 2013, 04:56 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,397 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDave View Post
Finally got over to the track yesterday late afternoon to see what all the rain has done for the track last week. Happy to report the "sandy berms" that I let sit rather than scrape them off survived the rain and now have a hard crust that will support my weight now that the sun has baked them for a few days. I guess they were so dried out that I thought they were pure sand with pebbly rocks through out (still has the pebbles/rocks), but apparently there was enough clay in them to hold their shape after packing them and the rain soaking them down. I threw the bike down on the track for a few laps without any raking or sweeping and I think after using a compactor and smoothing out some of the berms we can have some wheel to wheel fun with the bikes. The bike really likes not having to contend with all the off cambers and as long as I really control the throttle I can run very consistent laps with very few bobbles! We think we have a plan on how to improve the off camber RH turn after the double jump by adding some dirt on the outside edge of the landing ramp and tapering it towards the right hand side of the of the ramp, forming a banked turn with no off camber unless you totally over jump the double. We are also thinking about lengthening the left end of the track to allow us to move the double jumps back to the left the same amount to try to "soften" that RH turn after the double jump too which will allow us to land the jump straight without trying to turn the bike immediately upon landing. That area right now is so "busy" because you have to hit the jump straight, land with the brakes on, (on an off camber) steer to the right, add gas and turn left on another off camber and get it all straightened up for the hill / jump entering the 90* LH turn onto the straightaway! The weather here is going to be crazy hot (90+)and humid all week but Ill try to get it done in the evenings.
Cool Dave, look forward to seeing the results .
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 15, 2013, 07:23 PM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,190 Posts
SEE YA AT THE MM450 THREAD
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
Old Jul 24, 2013, 05:04 PM
Joined Aug 2012
10 Posts
tyre

Hello all

I am looking for a replacement rear tyre for my Himoto MX400 dirt bike and the venom vmx tyre looks more available but I cant find any detail of the size of the tyre could you please someone measure the rear tyre sizes
My Himoto has diameter 144 mm outside, 110 mm inside, and 40mm wide

Your effort wil be highly appreciated

Thanks
vini911 is offline Find More Posts by vini911
Old Jul 24, 2013, 09:09 PM
dammachines
United States, DC, Washington
Joined Feb 2004
1,373 Posts
The VMX uses a beadlock tire that is held in place by the wheel. I'm not sure, but doubt that the Himoto is the same so you'd likely have to do some modifications to the tire if it were the right diameter.

Rough measurements, I see about 116mm ID, around 175mm on the outside of the knobbies, and about 31mm wide at the bead.

Hope this helps,
Dave
dmincin is offline Find More Posts by dmincin
Old Jul 25, 2013, 04:33 AM
Joined Aug 2012
10 Posts
Thank you very much Dave

Looks like the sizes are quite same only this beadlock think worries me

Very interesting i have find a good spare parts supplier for my bike (nitrorcx.com) but from the strange reason they do not ship to me country nevertheless they do ship most of my neibourg country, strange

I think i will give it a try few bucks are not the end of the world

BTW anyone has any thoughts on the himoto dirtbike?

Greetings
Old Jul 25, 2013, 10:17 AM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,673 Posts
Did you email NitroRCX support and ask if they would send to your country? Also consider how much space your swingarm has for tires if the vmx tire outer diameter would rub. I would recommend instead you look into an Ar Racing ARX540 or the SR4 Super Rider rear tire, as they dont use beadlocks or inserts.

One last option to try for your tire: take your tire and remove any remaining knobbies so its comepletely bald. Find maybe a 1/8 buggy or probably truggy tire with similar size preferrably just a bit smaller, trim the rim portions off the tire and glue it over your existing tire.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Last edited by JohnnyMc; Jul 25, 2013 at 10:24 AM.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 02:13 PM
Joined Aug 2012
10 Posts
Thanks
Yes i am aware of this solution regarding the over tyre from buggys but as far as i can tell they are smaller better fits for 1/5 size bikes but i will double check it

Thanks for the advice for ARX and SR4 i will see how they are available

As for nitrorcx yes i did email them via online support chanel but they only said they only ship to the listed countries no explanation

Regards
Old Jul 25, 2013, 09:05 PM
dammachines
United States, DC, Washington
Joined Feb 2004
1,373 Posts
I have a few Ricky Carmichael tires here which should be the same size as the ARX.

I just measured 150mm OD, 98mm ID, and 41mm at the widest point, but 30mm where the tire would meet the wheel.

Is the Himoto wheel a solid wheel with a "rubberband" type tire (as I believe Chris N used to describe them)?

I'm not sure if anyone here has ever posted with hands-on experience with the Himoto. Can you post a few pics of the wheel and tire might give people a better idea of what to recommend.

Dave
dmincin is offline Find More Posts by dmincin