SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 17, 2012, 05:31 AM
United Kingdom, England, Ware
Joined Aug 2012
169 Posts
I have been having problems in setting the slipper clutch as it appeared to be either on or off .
Checked they were placed correctly and had a good look at all the parts where one of the cone spring washers( Part 10101) appears to have lost is temper so is more like a flat washer .
I cannot see these only being produced for this application and perhaps there is another term that would assist in a search
Have asked to UK distrubitor but as yet no joy
Alternativly has anyone else encountered this situation or suggestions:

Thanks
Jimob23 is offline Find More Posts by Jimob23
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2012, 06:02 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,753 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimob23 View Post
I have been having problems in setting the slipper clutch as it appeared to be either on or off .
Checked they were placed correctly and had a good look at all the parts where one of the cone spring washers( Part 10101) appears to have lost is temper so is more like a flat washer .
I cannot see these only being produced for this application and perhaps there is another term that would assist in a search

Thanks
Some people use up to four coned washers to get more feel out of their slipper. I still use two and have the setting quite tight but it still slips should the chain lock. I can also hear it slip slightly on grass but still pulls wheelies . I've found if the pad is in the wrong way ( quite common from the factory ) it doesn't give smooth operation. From memory the plain side goes towards the gear.
Sounds like the washer has been over tightened maybe at some stage. Can't suggest a replacement easily unless a spring washer or two may work not sure.
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Test video
Old Dec 17, 2012, 07:59 AM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimob23 View Post

Thanks
"Back in the day" when I rode what they call today "Vintage" bikes, a German brand bike called "Maico" used a stack of cone shaped washers stacked "back to front" ()()() used for their clutch springs. They were called "Bellville" washers. The latest KTM race bikes have just recently switched from coil clutch springs to one very large "Bellville" washer spring in their clutches! Hardly anything new in mechanical stuff, just better materials and quality make the old ideas work.
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
Old Dec 17, 2012, 09:29 AM
Joined Aug 2012
169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDave View Post
"Back in the day" when I rode what they call today "Vintage" bikes, a German brand bike called "Maico" used a stack of cone shaped washers stacked "back to front" ()()() used for their clutch springs. They were called "Bellville" washers. The latest KTM race bikes have just recently switched from coil clutch springs to one very large "Bellville" washer spring in their clutches! Hardly anything new in mechanical stuff, just better materials and quality make the old ideas work.
Top man Topdave
Exactly what I needed and also double wammy as there is a UK manufacturer who will be 1st stop in finding a retail source.

Thanks Jim
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:15 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
How can venom being such a big name in Rc be backed ordered on everything, and the. Send half your order and not tell you it's on back order till you get the paper showing 0 shipped!! Now I have my forks torn apart and can't put the bike back together and run till I can get the o-ring kit . What the
Rellik is offline Find More Posts by Rellik
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:55 PM
Joined Aug 2012
169 Posts
Sounds like the washer has been over tightened maybe at some stage. Can't suggest a replacement easily unless a spring washer or two may work not sure.[/QUOTE]

As you will see TopDave has hopefully saved the day and have sent a stockist enquiry away to manufacturer .
I am the 2nd owner of the bike were history is vague .Did check the washers again and appears that one is flat so just a a replacement shim which explains the frequent problem
Hopefully all will be back to original shortly and is what the forum is all about
Jim
Old Dec 17, 2012, 02:04 PM
Joined Aug 2012
169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik View Post
How can venom being such a big name in Rc be backed ordered on everything, and the. Send half your order and not tell you it's on back order till you get the paper showing 0 shipped!! Now I have my forks torn apart and can't put the bike back together and run till I can get the o-ring kit . What the
The UK agent is no better where their online web page lists a vast range of spares all marked 'available'
Proceed to place an order pay via PayPal only to get an email advising payment has been reversed as no stock and nothing arriving
Reason given is computer set up
Unsure of position where you are but some auto supply outlets in UK have an assortment pack where I have found sorted out similar issues encountered in the past
Old Dec 17, 2012, 02:20 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,803 Posts
Bummer deal, but you dont need to go to some auto shop to try hacking up some ill fitting orings. Just cancel it and order from quite a few other places if in stock: amainhobbies.com, rchobbyexplosion, 2wheelhobbies, or ebay just to name a few that I have purchased from.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Dec 17, 2012, 02:46 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
Bummer deal, but you dont need to go to some auto shop to try hacking up some ill fitting orings. Just cancel it and order from quite a few other places if in stock: amainhobbies.com, rchobbyexplosion, 2wheelhobbies, or ebay just to name a few that I have purchased from.
Exactly what I did I ordered off eBay. I got two sets for $7 shipped. I couldn't just go get I rings I needed the plastic scraper washer things to
Old Dec 17, 2012, 04:48 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,753 Posts
I am the 2nd owner of the bike were history is vague .Did check the washers again and appears that one is flat so just a a replacement shim which explains the frequent problem
Hopefully all will be back to original shortly and is what the forum is all about
Jim [/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Don't you have the instructions Jim? There should be two beveled washers std, some people fit more. Obviously whoever you bought it off had no idea.
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Test video
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:25 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Got my moto tires on, steering damper oil changed, and new aritronics high trq servo fitted. Now I'm just waiting on my fork kit to get here and I can go try these bad boys out. All I have left is to make my wheelie bar, big bore rear upgrade, and possibly the front brake kit, haven't decided on that or not yet. Man this bike is hard to put down
Old Dec 18, 2012, 04:26 AM
Joined Aug 2012
169 Posts
Don't you have the instructions Jim? There should be two beveled washers std, some people fit more. Obviously whoever you bought it off had no idea.[/QUOTE]

I got the instructions but situation was someone had purchased thinking it was like a 4 wheel.
Also there was limited practical knowledge with the result they dabbled causing more problems than sorting .
Was a shelf queen & got at a shelf queen price so have been running it,finding the bad areas and sorting
The slipper clutch is hopefully the final issue and as the two existing washers look very similar I never thought to check the height which would have confirmed one was a shim and not beveled
Lack of a decent parts service here is a limiting factor but much of the stuff is universal so dig around and a replacement is normally found

It's all part of the fun
Old Dec 18, 2012, 01:10 PM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,294 Posts
Yay E gyro arrived today with no charges so total cost with post 97.33 it's now nicely balanced a bit surprised there is no spacer between the bearing to help with side loads next job is to shim out any side play.
Gaz-b is offline Find More Posts by Gaz-b
Old Dec 18, 2012, 01:40 PM
Joined Aug 2012
169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz-b View Post
Yay E gyro arrived today with no charges so total cost with post 97.33 it's now nicely balanced a bit surprised there is no spacer between the bearing to help with side loads next job is to shim out any side play.
Good one and enjoy the BIG changes
Old Dec 18, 2012, 02:31 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,803 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz-b View Post
Did you balance like the others on here and drill out a bit from the heavy side? How bad was yours?
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc