HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 13, 2012, 04:50 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,707 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
You got it TJ, have fun today mate. Did you see the tips about the green locktite on your mates pinion. Don't use it on the grub screw but on the motor shaft. The pinions are a little sloppy and work loose. Did you get him some Robinson ones? They may fit better.
Yes mate i will have to get some green, i did use some hpi thread lock on the grub i will see how that goes.
I ordered some Robinson ones from tower for mine & my mates 3 1/2 weeks ago i am glad i bit the bullet & bought another one for mine to get me going otherwise i would still be waiting to run it, i am going to have to send them an email, never again will i order from tower.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2012, 09:10 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie View Post
Yes mate i will have to get some green, i did use some hpi thread lock on the grub i will see how that goes.
I ordered some Robinson ones from tower for mine & my mates 3 1/2 weeks ago i am glad i bit the bullet & bought another one for mine to get me going otherwise i would still be waiting to run it, i am going to have to send them an email, never again will i order from tower.
I had a similar issue with some pinions. No matter how tight I did it with locktite the pinion would still come loose. When I checked the grub screw it was still locked it just works its way off the shaft. One drop of green stuff and the pinion never moved again. When you want to remove it just heat it with a lighter for 30 seconds or so and it will pull off. Once the Robinson ones turn up you should be all good. I hope they turn up before he wears out the std pinion. I've got heaps here of all different sizes so I could send one down if they haven't turned up soon.
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 14, 2012, 04:14 AM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz-b View Post
Did you also get the lead time on getting the e gyro from CML they told me 6 weeks when I asked I now have one on the way from the states. Will have to wait and see if I get caught with duty but inclusive of post it works out to $150.
It's a hit and miss affair on the import duty and VAT.

You might get hit, or you might not. I've heard of cases that go either way, but I doubt HMRC can give you an explanation into why you can order all sorts on Ebay from China and not pay a thing!

Look on the bright side. If you were in Denmark, you could be looking at a 200%* import tax!

*Things may have changed so I'll add the small print disclaimer.
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Old Dec 14, 2012, 05:09 AM
United Kingdom, England, Ware
Joined Aug 2012
169 Posts
Quote:
Did you also get the lead time on getting the e gyro from CML they told me 6 weeks when I asked I now have one on the way from the states. Will have to wait and see if I get caught with duty but inclusive of post it works out to $150.
Not at the time but will ask the question .
I presume yours will be coming via Fedex and I have looked back at the PayPal transaction where they transfered 112.00 to Atomik.
I thought job done when I got the parcel under 5 days after the PayPal transfer
About 2 weeks later a bill arrived from Fedex for 28.20 covering VAT and their attendance :censored
Still the best move I have done for ages
As Atomik are holding their $200 off RRP for a new MM with EGyro and you have anyone coming from the States get them to slip one in their luggage:
:
Jimob23 is offline Find More Posts by Jimob23
Old Dec 14, 2012, 01:18 PM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,260 Posts
I have asked for it to be marked as a gift the value is too great for it make a huge tax difference but I am hoping it will slip threw with the seasonal increase of parcels. I would much sooner buy from the far east as slipping past customs seems far more regular. still if it gets caught it will still be 25 cheaper than from the UK and about 4 weeks faster. 112 you say I just paid 97 including postage USPS priority on Ebay.
Gaz-b is offline Find More Posts by Gaz-b
Last edited by Gaz-b; Dec 14, 2012 at 01:24 PM.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 02:01 PM
United Kingdom, England, Ware
Joined Aug 2012
169 Posts
Quote:
I have asked for it to be marked as a gift the value is too great for it make a huge tax difference but I am hoping it will slip threw with the seasonal increase of parcels. I would much sooner buy from the far east as slipping past customs seems far more regular. still if it gets caught it will still be 25 cheaper than from the UK and about 4 weeks faster. 112 you say I just paid 97 including postage USPS priority on Ebay.
Looks like you got a better deal than I did where I went via the Atomik site( $170 inc shipping if i recall correctly ) and they appear to send via Fedex
Correct regarding the far east where they tend to just use the postal service and put a nominal value on the declaration slip
Haven't purchased much via the east but touch wood everything has arrived were you also hear horror tales
You will enjoy it when it arrives and just take note of the various earlier posted comments covering installation as in my case some were relevant so averted problems before they occured
Jimob23 is offline Find More Posts by Jimob23
Old Dec 15, 2012, 09:55 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie View Post
I tested my wheel bar today it works great & it took a couple of hard hits & did not break anything, but it did not save my rear guard from getting folded back, what i have found if you have a wheel bar & want it to protect your rear guard as well i think it has to be like this, because my fender got folded back when i did a wheelie on the grass & flipped Vinnie into a back slide & the grass was able to grab the fender as it was rubbing on the ground when Vinnie is upside down in a back slide, now i have mounted the wheel bar arms on top & bent it up at the end now when Vinnie is upside down the wheel holds the guard up off the ground & i am also going to run tape like chktm just at the end of the guard to make sure it can't catch on anything & a bigger wheel like Chris uses & a Deegan would also help keep the guard up, just my 2 cents.

I can't seem to find that wheelie bar
Rellik is offline Find More Posts by Rellik
Old Dec 16, 2012, 12:31 PM
United States, IN, Columbus
Joined Nov 2012
44 Posts
[QUOTE=razor_01;23424328]This is my first post. I have two VMX 450 bikes and these are my first RC models that I have owned. I as you all, I have a lot of fun with them. I purchased two of the egyro upgrade kits for these bikes and the fun factor went up more.
Two weeks ago one on of the bikes the egyro would not power up. Mike at Atomik sent me another ESC for the egyro and life was good again. Not even a week later (I run these bikes daily if possiable) that ESC quit spinning up the flywheel. Now today as I was running my other bike I noticed that it was slower to spin up the flywheel. After three battery packs today it has stopped working also.

I will contact Atomik but I was looking thru this thread and couldn't see anyone having this problem. I will update as I find out anything.[/

I did find what the problem was. I was checking continuity on the wiring. I found a open wire about a inch and half away from the stator. I have repaired that and added bullet connectors so I can get the gyro off easier. I got new bodies for both bikes and new riders so I am ready to have fun.
razor_01 is offline Find More Posts by razor_01
Old Dec 16, 2012, 03:26 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,516 Posts
[QUOTE=razor_01;23542633]
Quote:
Originally Posted by razor_01 View Post
This is my first post. I have two VMX 450 bikes and these are my first RC models that I have owned. I as you all, I have a lot of fun with them. I purchased two of the egyro upgrade kits for these bikes and the fun factor went up more.
Two weeks ago one on of the bikes the egyro would not power up. Mike at Atomik sent me another ESC for the egyro and life was good again. Not even a week later (I run these bikes daily if possiable) that ESC quit spinning up the flywheel. Now today as I was running my other bike I noticed that it was slower to spin up the flywheel. After three battery packs today it has stopped working also.

I will contact Atomik but I was looking thru this thread and couldn't see anyone having this problem. I will update as I find out anything.[/

I did find what the problem was. I was checking continuity on the wiring. I found a open wire about a inch and half away from the stator. I have repaired that and added bullet connectors so I can get the gyro off easier. I got new bodies for both bikes and new riders so I am ready to have fun.
Good you found the problem. Open as in open circuit, not exposed wiring?
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 16, 2012, 03:57 PM
United States, IN, Columbus
Joined Nov 2012
44 Posts
[QUOTE=chktm;23543867]
Quote:
Originally Posted by razor_01 View Post

Good you found the problem. Open as in open circuit, not exposed wiring?
Yes the wire was seperated that is why it would run intermittly when I bumped the wire. I cleaned all the bearings on the bike including the ones on the flywheel and soaked them in Kroil oil afterwards. It made a big difference in the noise coming from the flywheel. It was a lot more quiet.
razor_01 is offline Find More Posts by razor_01
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:10 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Would adding 80wt to my rear shock be effective at all?
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:33 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Where is the write up on the from forks? Nvm
Last edited by Rellik; Dec 16, 2012 at 07:38 PM.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:37 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik View Post
Would adding 80wt to my rear shock be effective at all?
80wt works quite well Rellik yes.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:39 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
80wt works quite well Rellik yes.
Ok cool would you say 30wt or 40wt for the front forks?
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:41 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik View Post
Ok cool would you say 30wt or 40wt for the front forks?
Yes 30 to 40 is what I use. Start with 30 and if you do big jumps and flog the bike go to 40.
This is the write up on Johns site.
http://www.rcdirtbikeaction.com/date/2012/08/
RCG Plus Member