HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 10, 2012, 03:57 AM
United Kingdom, England, Ware
Joined Aug 2012
169 Posts
. Once more people figure out how good this bike performs then hopefully the popularity will grow. Also the current price seems to be still at $399 for how long I don't know.[/QUOTE]

I must say was tempted to get a 'spare' when they had their 'Black Friday' special running
Jimob23 is offline Find More Posts by Jimob23
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2012, 04:21 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,589 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimob23 View Post
. Once more people figure out how good this bike performs then hopefully the popularity will grow. Also the current price seems to be still at $399 for how long I don't know.
I must say was tempted to get a 'spare' when they had their 'Black Friday' special running [/QUOTE]

Last time I looked Jim it still seemed to be the same price.
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Tyre Thoughts
Old Dec 10, 2012, 04:43 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,589 Posts
Quote:
. ( Obviously soft ) Att -chktm
Talking about soft I noticed your pic of a worn front sprocket .Do you run in very dusty/sandy conditions as that was serious and as you said regarding the axle perhaps 'cheese factory' material .
Did the rear wear as bad as it starts getting expensive when having to change both sprockets along with the chain as its pitch will have changed and only mess up the new sprockets
I am able to nitride stuff and may consider going this path if I encounter the same situation
I run in very dusty conditions at the moment Jim. Hoping for rain. That front sprocket had quite a few hours on it before it got to that state lol. They are the most consumable item in the drivetrain but still last better than the VMX used to as there is less load. I've been through one in maybe two or three months. The bike gets used almost daily so quite a few hours worth. Nothing to stress about I just get my money's worth haha. Do you know I've had VMXs since they were released since then I have worn out one ( yes only one ) rear sprocket. I only change the front sprocket and let the chain stretch until the blocks are right at the back. Only a few dollars worth. I don't even change the rear sprocket when fitting a new chain and still get the same life. These aren't real bikes and don't need changing as a set really IMO.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 10, 2012, 04:59 AM
Joined Aug 2012
169 Posts
Att JB

The regs will come to fruition after the Austria/Coventry events.

I'm a defo for Austria with the M5, so we will see what happens...

Sounds interesting so for my interest and anyone watching on the side can you expand on What ,When & Where
Old Dec 10, 2012, 05:09 AM
Joined Aug 2012
169 Posts
. Only a few dollars worth. I don't even change the rear sprocket when fitting a new chain and still get the same life. These aren't real bikes and don't need changing as a set really IMO.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clarifying that and sometimes something is designed to wear faster than other sections.
As you say a cheap item
Re the changing as a set on 1;1 I think that it is promoted/suggested to reduce the chance of a chain breaking on differing pitch .Not a nice experiance
Old Dec 10, 2012, 05:17 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,589 Posts
Thanks for clarifying that and sometimes something is designed to wear faster than other sections.
As you say a cheap item
Re the changing as a set on 1;1 I think that it is promoted/suggested to reduce the chance of a chain breaking on differing pitch .Not a nice experiance
[/QUOTE]

Yea I don't think it's a real issue with these bikes . I've never had a chain fail on the big bike but can't imagine it would be pleasant
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:31 AM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
Speaking of wheelies.
Here's a vid of my wheelie bar doing exactly as you'd want. Stopping the bike from flipping or grabbing and front flipping and bringing the front down in a controlled manner if you get off the throttle. Even over uneven surfaces. No matter what if your front lifts you have to get off it unless you want to keep pulling a wheelie which you can with this setup if you keep on the throttle.
http://youtu.be/ZGL6zzGrphw
Do you have a pic of your wheelie bar?
Rellik is offline Find More Posts by Rellik
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:48 AM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,399 Posts
Quote:
Sounds interesting so for my interest and anyone watching on the side can you expand on What ,When & Where
The Austrian gig was mentioned by Gartenzwerg here.

The Coventry gig is yet to be finalised, but Whitham69 will be posting on Moto-5 when the date gets booked.

I anticipate that the lower wheelie bar contravenes the ''like 1:1 bikes'' plus the FIM ruling of not having anything protruding from a vertical line placed at the rear of the tyre.

The lower bar will be fine in club racing though. However, I'll hazard a guess it will be banned from any National
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Last edited by Jonathan Bradbury; Dec 10, 2012 at 11:14 AM.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:50 AM
Joined Aug 2012
169 Posts
[QUOTE=Jonathan Bradbury;23490221]The Austrian gig was mentioned by Gartenzwerg here.

Did you get any further in your discussions deen 247 ?
Old Dec 10, 2012, 04:02 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,589 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik View Post
Do you have a pic of your wheelie bar?
Here's the wheelie bar I use Rellik. The other one in the pic is an Alleven one. They aren't available yet as far as I know.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/newat...anageattach&p=
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 10, 2012, 04:12 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,589 Posts
This is the bar in action if you keep on the throttle . As soon as you let off the front comes down.
MM450 long wheelies (1 min 18 sec)

Here's an underside view.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:55 AM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
This is the bar in action if you keep on the throttle . As soon as you let off the front comes down.
http://youtu.be/XkmynRL1vq4
Here's an underside view.
I think that's going to be what I'm going to do, I just have to find a swing arm to use. I had tones of them. It got rid of them when I got out of the 4 wheel rc
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:37 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,589 Posts
Quote:
I think that's going to be what I'm going to do, I just have to find a swing arm to use. I had tones of them. It got rid of them when I got out of the 4 wheel rc
Yea they are really easy to make. I knocked these two up in about 5 mins.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 11, 2012, 05:17 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
Yea they are really easy to make. I knocked these two up in about 5 mins.
Yeah you deff " nocked them up" lol they reproduced.... I am going to do the same but I have to find an a arm, I had so many but of rid of the
Old Dec 11, 2012, 05:34 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,589 Posts
Quote:
Yeah you deff " nocked them up" lol they reproduced.... I am going to do the same but I have to find an a arm, I had so many but of rid of the
Lol. Yea never get rid of anything, as soon as you do that's when you need it haha.
RCG Plus Member