Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 06, 2012, 09:42 AM
United States, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined Apr 2006
149 Posts
Hi yall,i took a little 2 month hiatus from the mech gyro and i fianally got the upgrade egyro.I love the bike now.I still would like to upgrade the rear shock.After doin a search here,all i find is bits and peices about it.Any chance we could get a seperate thread goin for the rear shock with part #'s and links to parts needed.I have a set of Hot Bodies 97mm big bores on my wish list,but i would hate to buy them if they wont work.
gurumods is offline Find More Posts by gurumods
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:23 AM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachiappan View Post
Hi guys! Here's my latest attempt at a wheelie bar. The last one I made using the original wire bar kept bending upwards!
Here's the old link http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...0#post20653063

This time I used 2 aluminium pieces and an old rubber wheel I found lying around.
Regards,
Nachi
Wow that is one strong looking wheelie bar! You must like to do a lot of wheelies haha. I would be a little worried that it is adding more weight to the back end.

@Gurumods - Yo guru, CHKTM is going to rewrite the crappy version I have on my website with a nice easy step-by-step version - my fault. You can get an idea of what your going to need in terms of shocks and get those ordered from ebay (cheapest place) or other shop unless you have some already.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:28 AM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
Thanks Dave, starting to get used to holding a bit more on in the corners now lol. From then on its nice it tamed the beast amazingly. I've got the brakes set at 120% now but I think it's only programmed to get 50% of the braking power so I'll have to up that. Had you been having trouble with your MMs ESC? So far I haven't seen any dramas with mine in the MMs but I did blow up another one out of a VMX in the Tenshock motored bike, whoops. I was forced to fit the Turnigy lol.
My stock ESC in my VMX and MM450 both would do the same thing - intermittantly stall out (lose sync with the motor) in the middle of a turn. Not just stutter or hesitate, but lose power causing the bike to fall over with no throttle. Very annoying when ya got a good rythum going. Once I returned the trigger to neutral the throttle would work fine. I change the neutral zone in the radio and adjusted the trim on the transmitter so the ESC was always pulling and it would still stall. I sent my original speedo back for warranty and the new did the same thing, so I figured it was just a weakness in the design of that speedo.
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
Old Dec 06, 2012, 04:02 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDave View Post
My stock ESC in my VMX and MM450 both would do the same thing - intermittantly stall out (lose sync with the motor) in the middle of a turn. Not just stutter or hesitate, but lose power causing the bike to fall over with no throttle. Very annoying when ya got a good rythum going. Once I returned the trigger to neutral the throttle would work fine. I change the neutral zone in the radio and adjusted the trim on the transmitter so the ESC was always pulling and it would still stall. I sent my original speedo back for warranty and the new did the same thing, so I figured it was just a weakness in the design of that speedo.
I had a few VMX ones doing the same Dave. Maybe I've been lucky with the MMs as none of mine have played up this way. The Turnigy is very smooth and nice and controllable in comparison.
chktm is online now Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 06, 2012, 04:04 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurumods View Post
Hi yall,i took a little 2 month hiatus from the mech gyro and i fianally got the upgrade egyro.I love the bike now.I still would like to upgrade the rear shock.After doin a search here,all i find is bits and peices about it.Any chance we could get a seperate thread goin for the rear shock with part #'s and links to parts needed.I have a set of Hot Bodies 97mm big bores on my wish list,but i would hate to buy them if they wont work.
Hi gurumods, I was wondering what had happened to you. Good to see you back. The shocks I use are the 97mm Hot Bodies yes. I will be doing another write up as soon as I rebuild another shock.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 07, 2012, 12:57 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
These would be awesome for the snow!! Nothing good is ever in stock

http://www.redstarhobbies.com/produc...t-vmx-450.html
Rellik is offline Find More Posts by Rellik
Old Dec 07, 2012, 04:05 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik View Post
These would be awesome for the snow!! Nothing good is ever in stock

http://www.redstarhobbies.com/produc...t-vmx-450.html
Yea I was looking at them the other day. Man the roost in the sand with them would be awesome .
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 07, 2012, 08:01 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
Yea I was looking at them the other day. Man the roost in the sand with them would be awesome .
It would shoot 10 foot roosts lol
Old Dec 08, 2012, 04:08 PM
Lloydminster AB
Joined Dec 2010
50 Posts
Another bike tire that does't exist. Those tires were planned along with the track tires, but were never released. I've been asking for those since the VMX release, and keep getting "If there ia enough interest, we will make them" reply.
cwazyduck is offline Find More Posts by cwazyduck
Old Dec 08, 2012, 04:38 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwazyduck View Post
Another bike tire that does't exist. Those tires were planned along with the track tires, but were never released. I've been asking for those since the VMX release, and keep getting "If there ia enough interest, we will make them" reply.
I thought so as I've never seen them in stock anywhere .
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 08, 2012, 06:39 PM
United States, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined Apr 2006
149 Posts
Way back when,Chris said qoute " a lot of good things to come" for the bike.More tire choices was one.I also remember seeing a prototype alum. cross brace that was never put into production.I personally would like to see alum. swingarm,more tires,cross brace,and a purpose built rear shock.I am not holding my breath for any of the above.They have sold enough of these bikes to make it worth their time to get their azz in gear start making some more upgrades.It's the best bike on the market by far and all we get is some cheesy triple trees.
gurumods is offline Find More Posts by gurumods
Old Dec 08, 2012, 06:59 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurumods View Post
Way back when,Chris said qoute " a lot of good things to come" for the bike.More tire choices was one.I also remember seeing a prototype alum. cross brace that was never put into production.I personally would like to see alum. swingarm,more tires,cross brace,and a purpose built rear shock.I am not holding my breath for any of the above.They have sold enough of these bikes to make it worth their time to get their azz in gear start making some more upgrades.It's the best bike on the market by far and all we get is some cheesy triple trees.
I agree, it's the best dirt bike on the market and I like the bling but some real needed upgrades would be nice to make it even better . I've let my breath out a while ago and started doing things for myself lol.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 08, 2012, 08:11 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
They deff have enough interest that's for sure!! Between the vmx owners and the mm450 owners on top of all the original vmx owners that bought the mm And the E-Gyro for there vmx on top of that should be enough to make it obvious that there is a market for this bike, demand to be met and money to be made. Guess who ever is the first the release these much needed upgrades will hit the jack pot!! I think the # 1 biggest upgrade that needs to be made is a good solid well thought out wheelie bar with a brace for the rear. 80% of the damage to my bike would be eliminated if I had a solid wheelie bar with a brace.

I wonder if we could get some kind of article made up with all of our names on it and some how broadcast it to atomic and or some others that might be interested in making money and try and get these parts made
Old Dec 08, 2012, 08:32 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik View Post
They deff have enough interest that's for sure!! Between the vmx owners and the mm450 owners on top of all the original vmx owners that bought the mm And the E-Gyro for there vmx on top of that should be enough to make it obvious that there is a market for this bike, demand to be met and money to be made. Guess who ever is the first the release these much needed upgrades will hit the jack pot!! I think the # 1 biggest upgrade that needs to be made is a good solid well thought out wheelie bar with a brace for the rear. 80% of the damage to my bike would be eliminated if I had a solid wheelie bar with a brace.

I wonder if we could get some kind of article made up with all of our names on it and some how broadcast it to atomic and or some others that might be interested in making money and try and get these parts made
Atomik wouldn't be interested in making a wheelie bar Rellik. They'd be making too much selling new bodies lol .
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 08, 2012, 09:52 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
Atomik wouldn't be interested in making a wheelie bar Rellik. They'd be making too much selling new bodies lol .

true, i will deff never buy a new body to i make one or someone comes out with one. there is no point really, the only thing that gets messed up is the tail, the rest of the body is just fine lol. the worst part is when she stands up on the rear preloads the rear bar, then sling shots it heat over heals