HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 03, 2012, 03:17 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,672 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by razor_01 View Post
Tried to upload a video on my phone but do not have flash. I have the wheel off the bike with the flywheel put together in the swing arm. I have cleaned the bearings, tried to loosen nuts on axle and it has not got the power to spin up. It tries to but no joy.
Sorry no idea, maybe someone with electronic knowledge can chip in. It sounds like an issue with the ESC again possibly. Maybe try putting some plugs on the wires and swapping ESCs over or rear wheels to see if you can pinpoint the issue. Just watch voiding warranty by doing this. Maybe check with Atomik again.
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More bike fun
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:34 AM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,246 Posts
Quote:
Tried to upload a video on my phone but do not have flash. I have the wheel off the bike with the flywheel put together in the swing arm. I have cleaned the bearings, tried to loosen nuts on axle and it has not got the power to spin up. It tries to but no joy.
Does the esc "chime" upon start up? If not the esc may have failed. Also check the stator windings for loose or "rubbed on" wires especially at the hub where the right hand side teflon washer sits. The washer will also have rub marks on it where it contacts the wheel from the "dreaded too much side play" issues in the rear wheel. My washer was cut into 2 pieces from the rubbing!
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
Last edited by TopDave; Dec 03, 2012 at 09:40 AM.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 11:01 AM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
I would also say if its not powering up at all check to see if the little black jumper is still on the esc. If you see two prongs sticking out with nothing on them the jumper cap fell off.
Rellik is offline Find More Posts by Rellik
Old Dec 03, 2012, 11:16 AM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,246 Posts
failed PM to elvill

elvill ; Sorry EL, Just noticed your pm today. Yeah no issues with the Trackstar so far, good brakes, and smooth throttle. Comes with 12 ga. wires (too thick for me, I don't think the current draw requires 12 ga). I just cut the wires off the original esc and used them. No issues with 2.4, just splice the egyro as normal. Dave PS--get the trackstar tuning card to set up the esc when you buy the esc. Much easier than the beeps and lights, (but not required). $7.38
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:36 PM
United States, IN, Columbus
Joined Nov 2012
44 Posts
I have a video but can not firgure out how to upload it. The esc chimes up on start up. It has the red light and then goes to flashing green. After it doen't start up it goes to a solid green.
razor_01 is offline Find More Posts by razor_01
Old Dec 04, 2012, 03:10 AM
Joined Nov 2012
44 Posts
I did find one of the wires at the bearing had the wires showing. I went and got some plasti dip to repair the wire. I will let you know what happened when I get it together.

Thanks for all the suggestions.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 03:15 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,672 Posts
Quote:
I did find one of the wires at the bearing had the wires showing. I went and got some plasti dip to repair the wire. I will let you know what happened when I get it together.

Hope it works but it may have done some damage to the ESC. Maybe swap them if all else fails to find the fault.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 04, 2012, 09:16 AM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:

Bingo! The wires are so small and make such a tight sharp turn it's almost impossible to work on the rear wheel without the wires chafing! They should have tinny billet connectors on the three wires so they can be unplugged so they don't get tugged on when working on the bike. I'm prob going to do that to my wires.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 09:35 AM
Joined Nov 2012
44 Posts
I had some new bearings so for the heck of it I put them in the flywheel after cleaning and oiling them. I assembled the fly wheel on the swing arm. I connected the battery and I have joy as it spoon up.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 10:25 AM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,778 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik View Post
Bingo! The wires are so small and make such a tight sharp turn it's almost impossible to work on the rear wheel without the wires chafing! They should have tinny billet connectors on the three wires so they can be unplugged so they don't get tugged on when working on the bike. I'm prob going to do that to my wires.
Pretty sure the original version did, that is why you see there is a replacement wire harness for sale by Atomik, only no reason for it now. That was part of the 4 month wait for release, plus they made the Y split connector for plug n play. I bet a replacement stator motor has short wires and plugs on it too if you bought one. Im going to put plugs somewhere on the line of wires but not sure where: near brake caliper, near shock, or near the g-esc.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Dec 04, 2012, 11:07 AM
Joined Nov 2012
44 Posts
Quote:
I had some new bearings so for the heck of it I put them in the flywheel after cleaning and oiling them. I assembled the fly wheel on the swing arm. I connected the battery and I have joy as it spoon up.
I spoke too soon as it spun up four times and is back to trying but no spin up. I am waiting to hear if the ESC will be replaced.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 12:27 PM
Eugene, Oregon
Joined Apr 2009
1,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDave View Post
elvill ; Sorry EL, Just noticed your pm today. Yeah no issues with the Trackstar so far, good brakes, and smooth throttle. Comes with 12 ga. wires (too thick for me, I don't think the current draw requires 12 ga). I just cut the wires off the original esc and used them. No issues with 2.4, just splice the egyro as normal. Dave PS--get the trackstar tuning card to set up the esc when you buy the esc. Much easier than the beeps and lights, (but not required). $7.38
Thanks Dave, been contemplating getting the trackstar with 13t or switching back to stock pinion with stock esc. hopefully usa hk warehouse has em in
elvill is offline Find More Posts by elvill
Old Dec 04, 2012, 01:31 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
Pretty sure the original version did, that is why you see there is a replacement wire harness for sale by Atomik, only no reason for it now. That was part of the 4 month wait for release, plus they made the Y split connector for plug n play. I bet a replacement stator motor has short wires and plugs on it too if you bought one. Im going to put plugs somewhere on the line of wires but not sure where: near brake caliper, near shock, or near the g-esc.

The Y connecter is good, but is sucks no being able dissconect the rear wheel from the bike completely unless you pull the esc and all with it. Was there a problem with having connecters on the harness allowing you to dissconect them, or was it redesigned this way to make it PNP?
Old Dec 04, 2012, 03:49 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,672 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik View Post
The Y connecter is good, but is sucks no being able dissconect the rear wheel from the bike completely unless you pull the esc and all with it. Was there a problem with having connecters on the harness allowing you to dissconect them, or was it redesigned this way to make it PNP?
No problem Rellik. I've fitted plugs to my bike.
Just colour code the wires so you don't get mixed up.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 04, 2012, 03:53 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
No problem Rellik. I've fitted plugs to my bike.
Just colour code the wires so you don't get mixed up.
Did you use mini bullit connecters ?