SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:28 AM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie View Post
No mate it comes complete ready to bolt in.
Even comes with a tire?
Rellik is offline Find More Posts by Rellik
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2012, 03:13 PM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik View Post
Even comes with a tire?
yeah
deen247 is offline Find More Posts by deen247
Old Nov 19, 2012, 03:54 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,727 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deen247 View Post
yeah
NOW it does... They added the tire about two weeks ago
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Old Nov 19, 2012, 04:36 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akura2 View Post
NOW it does... They added the tire about two weeks ago
Jimmy I got mine in Oz more than two weeks ago with a tyre fitted. Since they released them they came with everything required.
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RV Track Pics
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:04 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
I can't wait!! Being that it's plug and play its even more exciting
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:19 PM
build, fly, crash...repeat
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Apr 2011
1,586 Posts
Wow - MM450 RTR for $399 (free shipping) Black Friday sale on atomik-rc.com! super deal for anyone who hasnt picked up the egyro and 4200kV
marksp is online now Find More Posts by marksp
Old Nov 21, 2012, 06:59 AM
Joined Mar 2012
3 Posts
Hey chktm,
Thanks for that....turns out there was markings, just that they were covered in grease!!
On another note, does anyone know the rough spring rate of the rear spring??......I have installed the DNX408 BB rear shock and Venom spring, but I noticed there is a massive selection of springs available for this shock and got to thinking maybe I can find a similar\harder spring for it. The hardest spring available is 126gf/mm(7.06lb), just wondering how that compares to the Venom Medium rear spring??
fomoco_44 is offline Find More Posts by fomoco_44
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:48 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2011
90 Posts
venom vmx 4800kv motor

i am using the stock vmx 4800kv motor there seems to be sand dirt in the bearings of the mtr or what not,there is a lovely crunching sound,has any one disasembled it? can it be disasembled,i see ther is some allen key bolts on face plate but i dont want to undoo those and springs an what not comeout.....any one help there cheers....
UFRC is offline Find More Posts by UFRC
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:37 AM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,801 Posts
Yeah I opened mine up at beginning of the year after last summer session and sandy soil in backyard. All kinds of cr@p came falling out. I put a drop of elmers glue in the extra holes. Might screw with ventilation so not sure if best idea but after all that came out... I honestly dont remember a lot of the processes but its not hard. I do recall some tiny washers I think maybe on the rotor so pay attention. I think somewhere in this forum the bearing sizes might be found but if you do take it apart measure the bearings for me because I think I needed to replace mine. Oh yeah, so once both sides of can are off I took a tooth brush (dry) to clean. Air would be good too after you think you got it out.
JohnnyMc is online now Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:51 AM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
MY GYRO FIANLLY CAME!!! HOLY STABILITY!! Haven't got a chance to run it yet but I got it all together and had the gyro running. I could feel the stability just holding it my hand and trying to fight the gyro back and forth.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 03:43 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Couple questions: I notices with the E-Gyro the bike doesn't have as fast of a turning reaction, is this because of the servo having to overcome the extra stability of the gyro?

Also I noticed if I have the battery plugged in but the switch off, the gyro esc still boots and spools up unless the battery is unplugged, is this normal?
Old Nov 22, 2012, 03:51 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,801 Posts
Just look at how the battery power is spliced "Y" with that harness. Switch only effects the main esc and everything it controls, so yeah its normal.
JohnnyMc is online now Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Nov 22, 2012, 04:23 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,735 Posts
Quote:
Couple questions: I notices with the E-Gyro the bike doesn't have as fast of a turning reaction, is this because of the servo having to overcome the extra stability of the gyro?

Also I noticed if I have the battery plugged in but the switch off, the gyro esc still boots and spools up unless the battery is unplugged, is this normal?
With the std servo yes Rellik it doesn't turn as quickly. I have fitted a quicker servo which speeds up steering reactions considerably. I think Dave tried heavier oil in the damper which may be worth a try. Personally I like 30 wt with a faster servo.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 22, 2012, 05:02 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
With the std servo yes Rellik it doesn't turn as quickly. I have fitted a quicker servo which speeds up steering reactions considerably. I think Dave tried heavier oil in the damper which may be worth a try. Personally I like 30 wt with a faster servo.

Ok thanx guys, I have 30 or 40wt in my damper right now. How much would a new servo be and do you have any preferences on one?
Old Nov 22, 2012, 05:13 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,735 Posts
Quote:
Ok thanx guys, I have 30 or 40wt in my damper right now. How much would a new servo be and do you have any preferences on one?
In two of my bikes I use Futaba S9451 servos. These I had left over from buggy racing and are probably overkill as I dial the speed down to 40% to make it drivable. ( too quick std ) . I did buy a Futaba S3305 which seemed pretty good with no adjustments. Lots cheaper those ones. I paid $40 through my LHS. Probably cheaper elsewhere.
RCG Plus Member