SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 01, 2012, 07:31 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
Looks good TJ, have you ordered your gyro yet? My Tenshock motor turned up, just have to get a pinion and maybe a speedo. You might want to consider a Deegan as they are a lot tougher than Vinnie. Maybe TJ junior might fit. Hopefully the two gyros I ordered for a mate and I will turn up today or Monday. Then I'll have someone to bash with. hopefully it will slowly grow the numbers.
Cheers mate, i have not ordered the gyro yet or my pinions hopefully will be soon though, you can get the robinson racing pinions with 5mm bore from towerhobbies as well that is probably were i will get mine from, i think Chris N siad he used the 80 & 100amp speedo's on the tenshock with no problems, i think because the motor is for a truck they recommend going up to 120amp but because it is in a bike it will have a lot less load on it so should be ok i think.

Yeah mate i am using vinnie to experiment on with paint & stuff i will probably get a Deegan eventually just wish they made them in different colors, TJ junior won't fit he is just too small, yeah we are still waiting for my mates mm to get here it has been 2 weeks hope it turns up today so we can get out on the weekend for some ARX verses MM racing.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 01, 2012, 07:45 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie View Post
Cheers mate, i have not ordered the gyro yet or my pinions hopefully will be soon though, you can get the robinson racing pinions with 5mm bore from towerhobbies as well that is probably were i will get mine from, i think Chris N siad he used the 80 & 100amp speedo's on the tenshock with no problems, i think because the motor is for a truck they recommend going up to 120amp but because it is in a bike it will have a lot less load on it so should be ok i think.

Yeah mate i am using vinnie to experiment on with paint & stuff i will probably get a Deegan eventually just wish they made them in different colors, TJ junior won't fit he is just too small, yeah we are still waiting for my mates mm to get here it has been 2 weeks hope it turns up today so we can get out on the weekend for some ARX verses MM racing.
Cool hope your mates MM turns up today, although he may need a 12 or 13 tooth pinion to keep up with your ARX lol. I'll try the std speedo as I figure the load won't be extreme as I think I'll be flat out using half of the power. I'm off to Rocky tomorrow and Ultra Hobbies has some pinions in stock so hopefully I'll get it going soon. Be nice to have a few colour choices for Deegan but at least he looks better than Vinnie IMO.
chktm is online now Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RV Track Pics
Old Nov 01, 2012, 08:22 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,832 Posts
Quote:
Cool hope your mates MM turns up today, although he may need a 12 or 13 tooth pinion to keep up with your ARX lol. I'll try the std speedo as I figure the load won't be extreme as I think I'll be flat out using half of the power. I'm off to Rocky tomorrow and Ultra Hobbies has some pinions in stock so hopefully I'll get it going soon. Be nice to have a few colour choices for Deegan but at least he looks better than Vinnie IMO.
Yeah i hate waiting for stuff from OS & wondering if it is even going to get here, it will be interesting to compare the 2 bikes running though.

Cool i can't wait to see & hear what you think of the power of the tenshock.

Did your gyro's come assembled with new tyre & sprocket? i got my big bore shock the other day i don't think it will work on the ARX the ARX shock is 15mm shorter than the big bore but i may be able to drill a new higher top mount point in the chassis to make it fit i will have to try it.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 08:49 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,735 Posts
Quote:
Yeah i hate waiting for stuff from OS & wondering if it is even going to get here, it will be interesting to compare the 2 bikes running though.

Cool i can't wait to see & hear what you think of the power of the tenshock.

Did your gyro's come assembled with new tyre & sprocket? i got my big bore shock the other day i don't think it will work on the ARX the ARX shock is 15mm shorter than the big bore but i may be able to drill a new higher top mount point in the chassis to make it fit i will have to try it.
Be good to see some vid of the two running, can't wait. Did your mate order some bigger pinions? The gyro came all ready to go just slip the wheel into place and bolt up and fit the speedo and plug in, all set to go. I do usually strip and clean the bearings of the grease and re lube using CRC Tac 2.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 02, 2012, 08:25 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,832 Posts
Quote:
Be good to see some vid of the two running, can't wait. Did your mate order some bigger pinions? The gyro came all ready to go just slip the wheel into place and bolt up and fit the speedo and plug in, all set to go. I do usually strip and clean the bearings of the grease and re lube using CRC Tac 2.
No mate i will order some pinions for him when i order mine, cool sounds easy to install, so do you use the CRC Tac in your gyro bearings? i have been looking for something to use in the arx gyro.
Old Nov 02, 2012, 12:08 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,802 Posts
Curious too. That CRC Tac2 is listed as a chain lub, so ChrisH are you using that stuff for both chain and bearings now?
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Nov 02, 2012, 06:19 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,735 Posts
It's a adhesive chain and bearing lubricant. I don't use it on the chain as it does attract dirt. I use the Bellray super clean stuff still on the chain. The Tac 2 works really good, frees the bearings up and allows them to spin really smoothly and also helps with bearing life.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 02, 2012, 07:20 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,832 Posts
Quote:
It's a adhesive chain and bearing lubricant. I don't use it on the chain as it does attract dirt. I use the Bellray super clean stuff still on the chain. The Tac 2 works really good, frees the bearings up and allows them to spin really smoothly and also helps with bearing life.
look what i found in my shed i forgot i even had it.
Old Nov 02, 2012, 07:40 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,735 Posts
Quote:
look what i found in my shed i forgot i even had it.
Cool that'll last you for a while. I just clean my bearings out by spraying carby cleaner through them while on a stick holding it in a jar. Let them dry check for any play or roughness and discard if needed. Spray four rounds of the bearing let it sit and then wipe excess off and install.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 02, 2012, 11:07 PM
Joined Oct 2012
12 Posts
Up for grabs

Hey dudes I am selling my 3 week old vmx , has a few battle scares but is pretty much new . Complete with all that came in box . $250 .Im in Melbourne , pic up only . I want to get a sb5
Gallax is offline Find More Posts by Gallax
Old Nov 03, 2012, 06:21 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2011
90 Posts
[QUOTE=Gallax;23169324]Hey dudes I am selling my 3 week old vmx , has a few battle scares but is pretty much new . Complete with all that came in box . $250 .Im in Melbourne ,................................................. .................................................. ........................................... if you dont get any bites on here, if you got a good lhs like we have over sth oz put add on bulliten board,melbourne gumtree ,ebay ,ect,...........damm i would hate to sell my vmx lol.
UFRC is offline Find More Posts by UFRC
Last edited by UFRC; Nov 03, 2012 at 06:32 AM. Reason: ~
Old Nov 03, 2012, 01:40 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Can someone post a step by step on the installation of the E-Gyro or post a picture of the directions? Do you still have to solder ?
Rellik is offline Find More Posts by Rellik
Old Nov 03, 2012, 06:23 PM
Joined Jul 2012
22 Posts
If your batteries and esc are with EC3 connectors it's plug and play. If you have any other connectors on your esc and batteries you will have to change the connectors.
tntpower1 is offline Find More Posts by tntpower1
Old Nov 03, 2012, 07:15 PM
Joined Jul 2006
572 Posts
Just order mine from Ebay,venomgroupusa.

Hope will get the tire and assembling like here
yourtheman is offline Find More Posts by yourtheman
Old Nov 04, 2012, 08:45 AM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,256 Posts
E-Gyro conversion

Thought I should post this here as well as the MM450 Egyro section just for the info:
Got the conversion to E-Gyro done on the ol' VMX'r! Along with the Big Bore shock converted and installed and about 5 battery packs worth of re-tuning the chassis/radio setups to get the bike to go around my basement SX track as good as the MM450!
One of the biggest issues was the 4800 motor. Holy Horse Power Batman! Think jumping off a CR125 Honda onto a CR250 for the first time! I tried changing the throttle curve -did not like that- so I just dialed the thr. EPA back to 88%- Still faster than the MM450 motor but manageable. The steering was inconsistant and unstable at low speeds so I started looking for a reason for it. I had jumped straight to 80 wt oil in the steering damper so I suspected that , but I found 4 things that combined prolly cause it. First the right side front wheel bearing adapter (hex shaped) was a vvery loose fit in the wheel letting it wobble to and fro. shimmed that with some vinyl sheeting I found in my junk box. 2) found the steering damper's fork mount ball stud had loosened and was sloppy 3) The old HiTech buggie servo has some slop in the gear set -gonna live with that for a while. 4) The bike still wasn't as stable as the MM450, so I set the 2 bikes next to each othe and noticed the rear ride hights were different. the MM450 was lower in the rear, giving the bike a little more fork rake, so I lowered the VMX to match and now the bikes handle very simlar to each other. Happy now!
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave