to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2012, 05:24 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,754 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie View Post
That sucks John, i thought you pre-order things so you are one of the first to get it not the last,
Apparently you have to send in emails with some attitude asking what the hell is going on in order to get a pre-order sent out. I get a call back from Jason asking what the problem is. Seemed pretty obvious in my email when I mentioned others are getting orders sent out and ebay is selling them and my pre-order is still "pending". He was quick to tell me how the kits were received yesterday and pre-orders come first in order. Poor guy probably has to deal with all the companies screw ups. Hope they dont sell off some peoples pre-orders from that apparent glitch yesterday. Dont bother pre-ordering now TJ you get put at the end of the line, just buy the next available unit where ever its sold at your convenience. Thats just my suggestion. Im done pre-ordering from Atomik. Its bs.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Oct 25, 2012, 05:33 PM
build, fly, crash...repeat
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Apr 2011
1,472 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev71H View Post
where is the best place to buy one of these 1/4 scale bikes?
RTR - 2wheelhobbies.com, amainhobbies.com, eBay or atomik-RC.com
AAR - atomik-rc or ebay

Perhaps other channels as well?
marksp is online now Find More Posts by marksp
Old Oct 25, 2012, 05:36 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,754 Posts
Quote:
where is the best place to buy one of these 1/4 scale bikes?
The vmx was discontinued when Venom changed name to Atomik early 2012. Atomik upgraded the vmx to the new mm450, which comes standard with e-gyro, where the vmx did not, hence all the talk about an e-gyro kit being sold in this discussion. Only places selling vmx's are ebay or some online shops maybe if they still have them in stock. Price new is not worth it unless you can find it around $200 because egyro kit is about $140. At that price you might as well get the new mm450 selling as an ARTR for $380 from 2wheelhobbies or elsewhere. $399 for mm450 rtr.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Oct 25, 2012, 06:05 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
Apparently you have to send in emails with some attitude asking what the hell is going on in order to get a pre-order sent out. I get a call back from Jason asking what the problem is. Seemed pretty obvious in my email when I mentioned others are getting orders sent out and ebay is selling them and my pre-order is still "pending". He was quick to tell me how the kits were received yesterday and pre-orders come first in order. Poor guy probably has to deal with all the companies screw ups. Hope they dont sell off some peoples pre-orders from that apparent glitch yesterday. Dont bother pre-ordering now TJ you get put at the end of the line, just buy the next available unit where ever its sold at your convenience. Thats just my suggestion. Im done pre-ordering from Atomik. Its bs.
Lol, they should have done all the pre-orders first before anything, but it is good to see you will have the e-gyro soon mate & get RV back on the track
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old Oct 25, 2012, 06:18 PM
Joined Aug 2012
79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
Well, I have to say I was quite SHOCKED when I went on ebay this morning. All of a sudden I find a venom/atomik factory direct EBAY store and it has 10+ items of the egyro upgrade kit...my order is pending at atomik but this mystery store has the kit WT F. I sent atomik an email asking if they run that ebay store and they better have a great explaination why kit is being sold on the sly. Waiting for response.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atomik-E-Gyr...item5d35aecd94
JohnnyMc… hey man, please stop beating us up.  We all at Atomik/Venom have been working really hard to support the bike and get the eGyro completed.  Last night 100 units posted to our live inventory and this morning the balance was posted.  As soon as items are available in our system they go live and available to all customers and data feeds like ebay and Amazon.  We fill all orders on a FIFO basis (first in first out).  We have enough stock to fill all backorders and receive a limited number of new orders.  We're not redirecting orders at all, that is not our style whatsoever.

All pre-orders are always taken care of first. If you pre-ordered your kit direct from us, it will be shipping your way soon. If you did not pre-order your kit, we have a limited amount in stock, first come first serve, on our Atomik site (our part 0535).  2 Wheel Hobbies, Nitro Hobbies, Bandit RC, RC Hobby Explosion, In Hobbies Ent., RC-Motorradshop.de (in Germany)  … all of these dealers and others have their orders going out to them today and tomorrow so please feel free to pre-order from them as well.

Please know that we want to get everyone an eGyro kit that wants one, but we have to take care of the customers that have already pre-ordered. I wanted to be sure we had plenty of kits in stock before I posted in the forums that they were going to be available.
ATOMIKRC is offline Find More Posts by ATOMIKRC
Old Oct 25, 2012, 07:05 PM
RCMCConline com
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
3,522 Posts
Quote:
Why is it when I look for this bike to buy, everything says discontinued?
Nevermind...I found it
Kev71H is offline Find More Posts by Kev71H
Old Oct 25, 2012, 07:08 PM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATOMIKRC View Post
JohnnyMc… hey man, please stop beating us up.  We all at Atomik/Venom have been working really hard to support the bike and get the eGyro completed.  Last night 100 units posted to our live inventory and this morning the balance was posted.  As soon as items are available in our system they go live and available to all customers and data feeds like ebay and Amazon.  We fill all orders on a FIFO basis (first in first out).  We have enough stock to fill all backorders and receive a limited number of new orders.  We're not redirecting orders at all, that is not our style whatsoever.

All pre-orders are always taken care of first. If you pre-ordered your kit direct from us, it will be shipping your way soon. If you did not pre-order your kit, we have a limited amount in stock, first come first serve, on our Atomik site (our part 0535).  2 Wheel Hobbies, Nitro Hobbies, Bandit RC, RC Hobby Explosion, In Hobbies Ent., RC-Motorradshop.de (in Germany)  … all of these dealers and others have their orders going out to them today and tomorrow so please feel free to pre-order from them as well.

Please know that we want to get everyone an eGyro kit that wants one, but we have to take care of the customers that have already pre-ordered. I wanted to be sure we had plenty of kits in stock before I posted in the forums that they were going to be available.
Thanks for filling us in on the Latest news! Some of us haven't run our VMX's for months since the E-gyro was announced, including Johnny Mac!! Been a b--ch watching the MM guys having all the fun!
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
Old Oct 25, 2012, 08:36 PM
Lloydminster AB
Joined Dec 2010
50 Posts
Well Johnny at least you can check on your pre-order, I went to look at mine and I no longer have an account at Venom/Atomik. I guess all the stuff I've bought direct the last few years must have been a figment of my imagination.

Just got a facebook message from Mr. Bower, company president at 9:30 pm regarding my order and account. All is still well, I just can't seem to access my account but my preorder is still on record. I am now sitting under a foot and a half of snow, so I'm in no rush for my e-gyro anymore. Oh well, I'll be ready for next summer.
cwazyduck is offline Find More Posts by cwazyduck
Last edited by cwazyduck; Oct 25, 2012 at 10:51 PM. Reason: new information
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:07 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,590 Posts
Just tried to order a couple of gyros for my friend and I and seems like the limited amount available from the Atomik site have been snapped up. Tried to order through their e bay site and seems to be no shipping overseas.
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Tyre Thoughts
Old Oct 26, 2012, 02:58 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2011
90 Posts
[QUOTE=chktm;Atomik site have been snapped up. Tried to order through their e bay site and seems to be no shipping overseas.[/QUOTE]

im in australia,i looked at that link jhonny left ,dont think they post here as there is no way to enter shipping costs.......
UFRC is offline Find More Posts by UFRC
Old Oct 26, 2012, 03:49 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFRC View Post
im in australia,i looked at that link jhonny left ,dont think they post here as there is no way to enter shipping costs.......
You got it, left out in the dark again. John suggested 2 wheel hobbies but they seem to be on holiday at the moment. Maybe try them when they return.
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Tyre Thoughts
Old Oct 26, 2012, 09:32 AM
United Kingdom, England, Ware
Joined Aug 2012
169 Posts
Have had no joy in getting an answer from CML so can anyone enlighten me as to, apart from them, are there any other UK outlets who may be getting any E Gyro in stock or is it the case of finding someone prepared to ship to UK .
Thanks Jim
Jimob23 is offline Find More Posts by Jimob23
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:46 AM
Joined Aug 2012
79 Posts
Anyone that pre-ordered their eGyro kit from us and paid with Paypal, please login to your Paypal account, find the original transaction and "re-authorize" your payment. We do not collect money from you until your product ships. Paypal only allows payments to be active for a predetermined amount of time. We have several kits here ready to ship but we need to collect payment first. Thanks guys!
ATOMIKRC is offline Find More Posts by ATOMIKRC
Old Oct 26, 2012, 11:08 AM
Eugene, Oregon
Joined Apr 2009
1,978 Posts
anyone got link on which screws to replace pinion gear, dont have manual. finally gonna replace after many packs have 1st issue, with throttle motor rpms but seems like pinion slipping/loose...
elvill is offline Find More Posts by elvill