HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 20, 2012, 02:12 PM
Eugene, Oregon
Joined Apr 2009
1,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
This will increase the top speed quite a bit, if you think it's fast now just wait till you fit a 12. Try an 11 first maybe and if you want more go up. I use steel Duratrax pinions. You might want a front brake. I just leave my wires full length but use rounded wire instead on one bike, ( the yellow bike still has std bars ) no hook ups and great cornering. You can also use nylon. Theres a thread in here about it. Regarding the loud gyro you can clean and lube the bearings with a adhesive chain and bearing lubricant to make it quieter and make the bearings last.
thanks for advice probably will gear up eventually, for sure looking to purchase a front brake. been researching other wire option may go with rounded. Am impressed with the technology/power/durability/coolness factor this bike has every time I take it out.
elvill is offline Find More Posts by elvill
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2012, 06:03 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvill View Post
thanks for advice probably will gear up eventually, for sure looking to purchase a front brake. been researching other wire option may go with rounded. Am impressed with the technology/power/durability/coolness factor this bike has every time I take it out.
No worries elvill definitely impresses me every run. Lol.
Also impresses any spectators as well.
chktm is online now Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by chktm; Sep 20, 2012 at 06:10 PM.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:55 PM
Eugene, Oregon
Joined Apr 2009
1,979 Posts
Best rc ever.

rounded steel wires nice less noticeable
Old Sep 21, 2012, 08:44 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvill View Post
rounded steel wires nice less noticeable
Looks good elvill allows good turning with less hook up while still providing protection in crashes.
chktm is online now Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RV Track Pics
Old Sep 22, 2012, 11:44 AM
United Kingdom, England, Ware
Joined Aug 2012
169 Posts
Hopefully someone can give me some idea as to what is the expected run time with a good Lipo .Situation is I have got the cut off voltage set at 3.2 v but was getting what i thought were short run times of approx 5 min before the cut off kicked in .
Thinking perhaps the current lipos were past their best I saw some good reports on the Gens Ace so purchased a pair of the 7.4v 5000mah 50c.
Charged them up correctly and did not work them too hard for the 1st few cycles .
Have not seen a real change to the run times where perhaps 6 min is average .This has been mainly in a big open short grass football field getting the gyro up to speed as like everyone else am waiting for the e gyro to make its appearance !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have checked all possible suspect areas but there is no sign of any tight spots so any
comments of suggestions would be appriciated
Have also run the battereis in an Anderson M5 brushless set up with a 9 turn motor where am getting the same situation which is pointing to batteries or am I expecting too much
Cheers Jim
Jimob23 is offline Find More Posts by Jimob23
Last edited by Jimob23; Sep 22, 2012 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Spelling error
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:59 PM
Vzzznnnn...
Greece, Attica, Athens
Joined Oct 2010
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimob23 View Post
Have also run the battereis in an Anderson M5 brushless set up with a 9 turn motor where am getting the same situation which is pointing to batteries or am I expecting too much
Cheers Jim
My Anderson M5 Cross is running for about 15 minutes of driving (I've seen and 19 minutes with not pushing hard). These times are with a Turnigy 3.8Ah / 25C battery. The bike's ESC is a Etronix 60A and the motor is an Etronix 10T / 3930kV.
Especially when onroad, I have never seen times less than 15 minutes even with the Core-RC 3Ah/20C battery.

I setup the LiPO cutoff at 3.1 or 3.2V/cell (I don't remember exactly but I can check it you want) and the motor timing at 8. The gearing is stock.
vegos is offline Find More Posts by vegos
Old Sep 22, 2012, 02:03 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,800 Posts
I have the same batteries Jimbo in hardcase. I also have both bikes. I would say 15min at least for both bikes in runtime. You need to do some voltage checks on the batteries before and after. I broke in my batteries on the charger for maybe 5 cycles but forget the site that told me that. Very odd situation if its both bikes.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Sep 22, 2012, 02:17 PM
Vzzznnnn...
Greece, Attica, Athens
Joined Oct 2010
220 Posts
What I did for the inner cable of the brake on my nitro bike is to use an ... electric guitar string
Since then, I'm not discarding anymore my old strings
They are steel and long enough for that use
vegos is offline Find More Posts by vegos
Old Sep 22, 2012, 02:32 PM
Eugene, Oregon
Joined Apr 2009
1,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimob23 View Post
Hopefully someone can give me some idea as to what is the expected run time with a good Lipo
easily get 15 with egyro lvc 3.4

EDIT: averaged 23minutes with tx timer till lvc
Last edited by elvill; Sep 22, 2012 at 07:40 PM.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 04:26 PM
United Kingdom, England, Ware
Joined Aug 2012
169 Posts
Thanks for all the replies and on thinking it over perhaps I was incorrect in the initial 5min statement and thinking it over perhaps closer to 10 min where most of it was long straight runs as I had a friends dog chasing it for excercise.
It was also a bit cool ( UK looks as if autuum has been passed over and straight into winter)which also affects Lipo so will give them a long slow charge and actually time the runs as the saying goes "Time flies when having fun"
For replacement brake cable I have ended up using 40Lb breaking strain fishing wire trace.Works a treat and if one uses a simple lighter flame to get a small portion the wire red hot it anneals so is very easy to get a good crimp .
Also fitted some fishing ferruels over the wire where the grub screw nips it tight .
This I found prevents the grub screw cutting into the wire and have also ground down the end of the screw so it is nice a rounded with no sharp edges that are normally required when being used as a grub screw onto a steel shaft .
Thanks again and lets hope the E Gyro arrives in 2012 not 2013 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jim
Jimob23 is offline Find More Posts by Jimob23
Old Sep 24, 2012, 08:40 PM
Joined Sep 2012
18 Posts
Hey guys,
Dumb question, do I need to pay for the e-gyro to be on the pre-order list? I just realised i have only put it in my shopping cart on the Atomik site.
Osavage1 is offline Find More Posts by Osavage1
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:10 PM
United States, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined Apr 2006
149 Posts
Savage,i pre-ordered mine over the phone.My card will not be charged until unit is ready for shipment.It may work the same way online,but i would contact them to verify it.Give them a call,i don't think they are tired of hearing from us yet.
gurumods is offline Find More Posts by gurumods
Old Sep 29, 2012, 12:04 PM
United Kingdom, Beverley
Joined May 2012
154 Posts
Hi guys haven't been in here in a while, I am now finally walking!
But still my legs playing me up!
I'm just wondering what's the news about the e-gyro? Is it out yet I've looked at atomiks site and it says mid-oct, I'm thinking if ore ordering it but isn't there any uk sites getting it?
Thanks
Kurtis is offline Find More Posts by Kurtis
Old Sep 29, 2012, 12:10 PM
RCMCConline com
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
3,701 Posts
What happened to you Kurtis?
Kev71H is offline Find More Posts by Kev71H
Old Sep 29, 2012, 04:01 PM
United Kingdom, Beverley
Joined May 2012
154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev71H View Post
What happened to you Kurtis?
i came off of a stunt scooter in the air and torn most of my ligament in my ankle which then made my foot turn more to the left, so my toes were pointing in another direction lol,
its called syndesmosis of the ankle,
rather horrible haha
but im walking now but my ankle still swells up
Kurtis is offline Find More Posts by Kurtis