SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 13, 2012, 09:48 AM
United States, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined Apr 2006
149 Posts
Hi Chris,how are you and good to see you are still chining in.I call Atomik probably once a week just to be a PITA.I think they miss you there,but just won't admit it.Every time i tell them how much we miss you,i get a "yeah that's unfortunate" kinda answer.I am put on hold frequently to have Q's answered.It seems like they are scrambling.They have us by the balls,either wait for this mysterious gyro kit or drop $600 for new.There is not another bike that can come close to the mm450,so looks like i'm waiting.
gurumods is offline Find More Posts by gurumods
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 13, 2012, 01:36 PM
Eugene, Oregon
Joined Apr 2009
1,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro View Post
Good to hear and Im very glad you like the new version, enjoy!

Chris
Thanks again Chris, Venom and Atomik.
Sooooo much fun. Had originally turned down steering to clean it up a bit but VMXegyro is wicked stable at all speeds. Havent yet removed/cut guide wires will eventually.

been watching many MM videos and it seems like MM is a little more squirrelly agile. i.e. the MM looks to take turns and wheelie out often, basically pivoting on the back wheel. Vmx seems less likely to wheelie out, almost too stable sometimes but probably my lack of experience/confidence driving bike.

egyro bike basically screams to be driven hard. The power available and stability of the gyro gives you a sense of real control. Still very unique driving experience compared to other rc but much easier smoother than previous. Stability can be misleading, I constantly want to push the limits of the bike but refrain b/c no way do I want to break it! gyro runs @high rpms, takes a bit to get to speed, adds quite a bit of noise but makes for a dramatically easier radical 2wheel experience
elvill is offline Find More Posts by elvill
Old Sep 13, 2012, 02:15 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,792 Posts
If any of you have facebook and want an egyro, Id appreciate it if you check out my rc dirt bike action facebook page and LIKE the post I made asking Atomik to hurry up on release of egyro. Thanks.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Sep 13, 2012, 06:54 PM
Joined Aug 2012
81 Posts
Hey guys, this is Jeff Simon over at Venom/Atomik. I just wanted to let you know we are working hard to get the eGyro update for the VMX450 out to the public. We implemented some changes to the design that allow for an easier installation and that has caused a slight delay. We know you guys are anxious to get the new eGyro, and trust us, it will be worth the wait, but we want to make sure it's easy to install for everyone, regardless of hobby experience. Thanks for your patience guys!
ATOMIKRC is offline Find More Posts by ATOMIKRC
Old Sep 13, 2012, 09:44 PM
United States, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined Apr 2006
149 Posts
Hey Jeff,thanks for the update.Which comes first,E-gyro or Thanksgiving.I have a feeling i will be eating a turkey sandwich while installing my gyro.I almost canceled my pre-order,but if i missed one from the first batch i woulda shat myself.
gurumods is offline Find More Posts by gurumods
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:49 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATOMIKRC View Post
Hey guys, this is Jeff Simon over at Venom/Atomik. I just wanted to let you know we are working hard to get the eGyro update for the VMX450 out to the public. We implemented some changes to the design that allow for an easier installation and that has caused a slight delay. We know you guys are anxious to get the new eGyro, and trust us, it will be worth the wait, but we want to make sure it's easy to install for everyone, regardless of hobby experience. Thanks for your patience guys!
Good to hear from you Jeff. I would have liked to see you release the kit as is for people who can use a soldering iron. I'm only going to change all the plugs etc. first up anyway. Like the MM doesn't have a plug between the gyro and the speedo, I have added some in there. I know you have to cover your asses etc warranty bla bla etc. just my two cents worth. any ideas on a time frame?
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More bike fun
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:51 PM
Eugene, Oregon
Joined Apr 2009
1,979 Posts
Wow and wow, simply amazing. Just spent 20 minutes practicing small figure 8s in my driveway. The bike really teaches you how to drive, counter steering and balance. Never heard of a must have rc item but egyro is absolutely a must have!
Old Sep 14, 2012, 11:32 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,714 Posts
Here's Vinnie finding out just what he's missing out on. Deegan took him for a double.
MM450 Vinnie gets a double (1 min 55 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 14, 2012, 11:42 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,714 Posts
Vinnies had a taste he wants his own bike with an e gyro.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 16, 2012, 11:59 PM
Joined Sep 2012
18 Posts
Hey boys,

I just got my VMX 450. Took a little while to get here down under, but it arrived Friday. So stoked to get it but straight out of the box the thing wouldnít work. I assumed it was a sync problem with the transmitter. Not familiar with venom products (apart from LiPo's) I couldn't find a bind/ link button on the transmitter or anything on the web......any way, long story short I swapped the transmitter and receiver over to a Traxxas one and it worked fine.

Then took it to the local gravel car park, sooooo pumped to give it a whirl. The bike worked OK but a bit boring blasting at high speeds. I tried to do some small turns and slow tight stuff, well wasnít i a bit disappointed, I went home shattered. How the hell is going to go around a track or BMX track what rubbish. Then i found this thread and now Iím waiting on the "E-Gyro". Sucks that the thing isnít really useable with the stock gyro. I feel sorry for you guys who have been waiting for ever for this thing to be released. what a crock.....all well Iím playing the waiting game now as well......
Osavage1 is offline Find More Posts by Osavage1
Old Sep 17, 2012, 04:22 PM
Eugene, Oregon
Joined Apr 2009
1,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osavage1 View Post
Hey boys,

I just got my VMX 450. Took a little while to get here down under, but it arrived Friday. So stoked to get it but straight out of the box the thing wouldnít work. I assumed it was a sync problem with the transmitter. Not familiar with venom products (apart from LiPo's) I couldn't find a bind/ link button on the transmitter or anything on the web......any way, long story short I swapped the transmitter and receiver over to a Traxxas one and it worked fine.

Then took it to the local gravel car park, sooooo pumped to give it a whirl. The bike worked OK but a bit boring blasting at high speeds. I tried to do some small turns and slow tight stuff, well wasnít i a bit disappointed, I went home shattered. How the hell is going to go around a track or BMX track what rubbish. Then i found this thread and now Iím waiting on the "E-Gyro". Sucks that the thing isnít really useable with the stock gyro. I feel sorry for you guys who have been waiting for ever for this thing to be released. what a crock.....all well Iím playing the waiting game now as well......
are you getting stockgyro up to speed? The Egyro is worth the wait! turns 5' figure 8s, ultimate slow speed driving for working over terrain with excellent maneuverability. love to setup an crawling obstacle course for bike. finally getting tighter circles, counter steering and balance on street
Old Sep 17, 2012, 07:34 PM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,406 Posts
Quote:
How the hell is going to go around a track or BMX track what rubbish.
It should go round a track easy, a BMX track should be fun city!!!

A piloting issue maybe?

Although I have not tried a VMX, experience with the M5mx and a quick blast of JV's ARX says you should have no problems getting around tight wibbly bits.

What are your issues?
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Old Sep 17, 2012, 08:05 PM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,253 Posts
Quote:
Hey boys,

I just got my VMX 450. Took a little while to get here down under, but it arrived Friday. So stoked to get it but straight out of the box the thing wouldn’t work. I assumed it was a sync problem with the transmitter. Not familiar with venom products (apart from LiPo's) I couldn't find a bind/ link button on the transmitter or anything on the web......any way, long story short I swapped the transmitter and receiver over to a Traxxas one and it worked fine.

Then took it to the local gravel car park, sooooo pumped to give it a whirl. The bike worked OK but a bit boring blasting at high speeds. I tried to do some small turns and slow tight stuff, well wasn’t i a bit disappointed, I went home shattered. How the hell is going to go around a track or BMX track what rubbish. Then i found this thread and now I’m waiting on the "E-Gyro". Sucks that the thing isn’t really useable with the stock gyro. I feel sorry for you guys who have been waiting for ever for this thing to be released. what a crock.....all well I’m playing the waiting game now as well......
Will aya take $135 for it? JUST KIDDING Os! Have some patience and make sure the bike is running ok, then spend alot of time reading this forum and practicing once you are sure the bike is working properly. Just make sure the gyro is fully spooled up before you launch the bike. Or sit back like the rest of us and wait for the E GYRO, LOL. Good luck and enjoy the trip.
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
Old Sep 17, 2012, 08:32 PM
Joined Sep 2012
18 Posts
G'day guys,
So I might have jumped the gun on the disappointment factor. I went to the track yesterday and almost made it a 1/4 of a lap, that might not sound like much but i could feel with some more 'piloting' practice I might make it 1/2 a lap...haha

Venom have been on the email and are sending me a replacement transmitter and receiver. So I can't complain about that, itís always difficult being so far away from factory support and its easy to be let down by the customer service but Venom have come through with the goods, very happy with them ATM.

I think i need to head back to the BMX track and some gravel car parks with some traffic cones and get my practise on. Iíve heard some of you guys say it before but Iíll say it again, it's soooooooo much different than driving on 4 wheels. Itís just going to take some time.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 08:40 PM
Joined Sep 2012
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDave View Post
Will aya take $135 for it? JUST KIDDING Os! Have some patience and make sure the bike is running ok, then spend alot of time reading this forum and practicing once you are sure the bike is working properly. Just make sure the gyro is fully spooled up before you launch the bike. Or sit back like the rest of us and wait for the E GYRO, LOL. Good luck and enjoy the trip.
HAHAHA, you should have offered me that yesterday at my moment of weakness. Yeh I think the bike is running all OK, besides the radio gear. Cheers mate, BRING ON THE E-GYRO!!!!