HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 10, 2012, 07:14 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guidoracer View Post
Rellik: with the exception of the new livery and the new micro Rx, upgrading to the egyro will make it just like the MM.

What is the livery and new RX? Can they be upgraded to the. Vmx?
Rellik is offline Find More Posts by Rellik
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 10, 2012, 08:59 PM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,211 Posts
The livery is Brian Deegan's Metal Mulisha Red on Black design, with all the sponsor logos and stuff. They do sell it separately. The new Rx doesn't work any better or worse than the bigger one, it's just smaller. And it's the same price as the older one.

Venom/Atomik Receivers: http://www.atomik-rc.com/Receivers_2/
Brian Deegan Rider: http://www.atomik-rc.com/Mini-Brian-...ure-MM450.html
Metal Mulisha Body Set: http://www.atomik-rc.com/Body-Set-Me...category=78815
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Old Jul 10, 2012, 09:18 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Oh ok I thought you where saying there was a performance diff with the new rx. Can't wait for the gyro, I hope it's out soon like the date says and don't get pushed
Rellik is offline Find More Posts by Rellik
Old Jul 11, 2012, 02:49 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,747 Posts
Quote:
Rellik: The MM450 pulls stronger all the way to top speed due to less drag on the drivetrain. That's not to say the VMX isn't punchy, but the power curve is a bit odd; tons of punch until the gyro clutch kicks in, then a drop in power, which ramps up again once the flywheel gets going. The thing with VMX, though, is that the power isn't consistent -- it will feel different when punching it if the bike had been running at half throttle for a while compared to punching it after just coming off a high speed pass. With the MM, it's punchy the whole time (depending on your slipper settings, of course).
If you get the clutch set up right like Chris explained way back with the lighter clutch shoes instead of the clutch biting and taking power from the motor the trick is to get the clutch to slip enough to get awesome power all through the rev range with no change in power and also have the gyro maintain a good enough speed to provide stability. The e gyro will take away all the hard work to get the clutch right and also maintain it and allow you to go slow as long as you like.
Like you said Relick I hope they come soon.
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Test video
Old Jul 11, 2012, 03:55 AM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,211 Posts
You can flatten the power curve, but it will still be flat compared to not having that significant drivetrain drag. And you can gear taller for more speed and still have more power overall. There's really no point trying to compare the feel of the geared gyro to the egyro, as the egyro has so many advantages, including getting the bike to be useable on a tight dirt track. Not arguing, as I'm pretty sure you agree.
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Old Jul 11, 2012, 04:22 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,747 Posts
Quote:
You can flatten the power curve, but it will still be flat compared to not having that significant drivetrain drag. And you can gear taller for more speed and still have more power overall. There's really no point trying to compare the feel of the geared gyro to the egyro, as the egyro has so many advantages, including getting the bike to be useable on a tight dirt track. Not arguing, as I'm pretty sure you agree.
No argument here there's no doubt the bike will be better with the e gyro will but check the bikes in the videos and tell me they have a flat power curve. The yellow bike runs a 12tooth pinion and still lift the front wheel in whatever throttle position I want pulls strong all the way to the top and revs super quick. I'm just saying you can get the VMX gyro not to load the motor much at all and the bike feels like any other vehicle without a gyro when you get the clutch to work properly. I'm still hanging for deegan though.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 11, 2012, 04:53 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,747 Posts
I'll see if this works yet only in low def yet can't download on high def for a week or so may be a picture I really don't no what I'm doing yet. Looks good in hd.
Can't wait to get a movie app to play with want some slow mo. Check the wheelie at about 2minutes 30. Otherwise this may be a photo of KTM waiting for the MM450.
Vmx450 (6 min 6 sec)

Or nothing
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 11, 2012, 04:58 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,747 Posts
Yea it worked shock horror
Check out this video on YouTube:

Vmx450 (6 min 6 sec)

Sent from my iPad
Don't know if this will work trying to get photos to work
Bummer no good
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by chktm; Jul 11, 2012 at 05:00 AM. Reason: Mistake
Old Jul 11, 2012, 06:02 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian69 View Post
chain ajusters
This was the padock before I started running. The bike did all the grass clearing.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by chktm; Jul 12, 2012 at 04:01 AM.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 08:17 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,747 Posts
I put some sound effects in this one This is the next run even better slides and some more wheelies. Can't wait to slow mo this one.
Vmx450 (9 min 39 sec)

Occasionally take a bike to the skate park ( when I feel like spending some money ) have done some big backflips spine transfers even a tyre tap spine transfer . Also do some big jumps out of the park that my mate said look like full scale hill jumps will have to get some footage and make a video.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 12, 2012, 11:00 PM
Pro to the Duce
United States, PA, Stroudsburg
Joined May 2007
37 Posts
That's a pretty neat layout you got there, giant tri-oval like. Makes me kind of want to do something with the jungle that used to almost be a track. I'm off tomorrow, might have to go up there and mess around with it. This video is from 3 years ago, didn't really do anything after that...

Payneful Speedway: Phase 1 (2 min 17 sec)
maxxdout is offline Find More Posts by maxxdout
Old Jul 13, 2012, 02:53 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxdout View Post
That's a pretty neat layout you got there, giant tri-oval like. Makes me kind of want to do something with the jungle that used to almost be a track. I'm off tomorrow, might have to go up there and mess around with it. This video is from 3 years ago, didn't really do anything after that...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_x63MnemtA
Thanks maxxdout I enjoy it even if it is a simple layout with the bike you are constantly turning or setting up for a corner so it doesn't bore me at all I have a ball. I love the fast corner. Your track looks pretty rough and tight hope you can do something to suit the bikes. Mm450 may work better in that area, cause you need some speed to get the mech gyro to work well. Watch the trees. Have fun it's been raining here for about the last week can't get out bugger.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 13, 2012, 05:20 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,747 Posts
Just checked the tv guide, am in 2wheel heaven tonite first the speedway world cup race off then a repeat of the AMA motocross from last weekend then the British MX championship . Still raining.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 13, 2012, 01:21 PM
United Kingdom, Beverley
Joined May 2012
154 Posts
Guys with the front brake installed were can I get another cable from?
Mine snapped today
Kurtis is offline Find More Posts by Kurtis
Old Jul 13, 2012, 02:23 PM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtis View Post
Guys with the front brake installed were can I get another cable from?
Mine snapped today
how did you snap it mate ?
deen247 is offline Find More Posts by deen247