154 Posts
Oh right that doesn't sound to bad lol I ain't that bad at soldering iver haha
Kurtis is offline Find More Posts by Kurtis
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2012, 10:35 AM
United Kingdom, Beverley
Joined May 2012
154 Posts
Just come back with the bike was fun whilst it lasted, had it on a big field with bumps and everything, think I need a new slipper clutch already! haha and my forks have gone from bad to worse but hey I'm still using it! Also when I pick it up I can hear the gyro hitting the sides of the wheel is this meant to happen?
Old Jun 19, 2012, 10:46 AM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,673 Posts
I like to go against the grain. Personally, if it was me, Id start a new thread...
- First, theres going to be new people who buy the bike for first time, just like you new vmx'ers and sooner or later questions regarding the egyro, wiring, or etc will come up. It makes sense to funnel those into 1 thread instead of many random threads. When you google the bike, rcgroups thread will pop up if created.

- Second, having another bike (ARX being first) to release a bike with an egyro as standard is a huge stepping stone for the hobby. Technically, the mm450 will be first to distribute egyro bike in US, so thats important and it should be supported. It ups the level for any of the other brands like traxxas to think about egyros as an option on release now. Dont forget not since Ricky Carmichael (2004-05) have we had a licenced bike.

Eventually the torch needs to pass onto the new bike considering the name change of brand and the new options to bike, etc. If I spent all that time and money upgrading, d@mn straight Id promote the changes. Its not like you cant ask the same questions in the mm450 thread. Thats my take.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Jun 19, 2012, 01:17 PM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
well today,s run was fun ran two packs through the bike and had fun setting up a coarse as well the first pack was hit and miss really had to change the lay out twice just so i could gauge the distance i needed to set the jumps turns and whoop section also need to add some weights to the pipes that make up the whoops but other than that went well for a first attempt
deen247 is offline Find More Posts by deen247
Old Jun 19, 2012, 01:43 PM
United States, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined Apr 2006
149 Posts
I tossed in a spare traxxas 2075 steering servo and got some SMT's and red alum. triple clamps today.I have a great place to run on new blacktop.This thing looks bitchin,i love it

gurumods is offline Find More Posts by gurumods
Old Jun 19, 2012, 01:51 PM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurumods View Post
I tossed in a spare traxxas 2075 steering servo and got some SMT's and red alum. triple clamps today.I have a great place to run on new blacktop.This thing looks bitchin,i love it

does look like it means business
Old Jun 19, 2012, 02:43 PM
Joined Apr 2006
149 Posts
We need more video of these bikes runnig,If i had a cam i would be filming.How about you deen,you get any vid today ?
Old Jun 19, 2012, 02:49 PM
Joined Apr 2006
149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtis View Post
Just come back with the bike was fun whilst it lasted, had it on a big field with bumps and everything, think I need a new slipper clutch already! haha and my forks have gone from bad to worse but hey I'm still using it! Also when I pick it up I can hear the gyro hitting the sides of the wheel is this meant to happen?
Hey Kurt,did you add that very thin shim in the wheel (before dropping in the gyro gear holder)as we discussed per pm last week ?
Old Jun 19, 2012, 02:52 PM
United Kingdom, Beverley
Joined May 2012
154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurumods View Post
Hey Kurt,did you add that very thin shim in the wheel (before dropping in the gyro gear holder)as we discussed per pm last week ?
Yup I did guru may have to put another Init as iv still got a bit of play?
I put a 5x10x0.2 shim init
Old Jun 19, 2012, 03:01 PM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
no not today but my friend can film tomorrow just as well really today was more about getting a coarse set up that worked
Old Jun 19, 2012, 05:29 PM
Joined Apr 2006
149 Posts
First of all i have a small suggestion.
Sell front fenders and mufflers seperately

I went to pavement for first time today.That is a learning curve for sure.I have been flying helis for 20 years and it kinda reminds me of them.Sometimes left is right and vice versa in the middle of the turn.I did figure 8's for 2 packs and managed to destroy my front fender.I almost had it sliding into turn crossed up with lots of front brake.I think i have to buy another bike so i dont have to keep changing wheel/tires.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 06:00 PM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,290 Posts
Thats right and its just like you would do in full scale, counter steering! Balance the bike on power, slip angle and steering to drive it SM style. That's great that your getting the hang of it!

I'll pass on your suggestion.
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old Jun 19, 2012, 07:15 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,673 Posts
Fender fix options:

I fixed my fender with some spare lexan plastic glued underneath, then molded some metal into a fender saver to hold it together. Saved me a fender! Heres my post about it in the VMX TIPS THREAD http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=137

If unrepairable - you can find a plastic bottle of same shape (I have not yet), thats a temp solution and rig it on there.

Another option to try is over at NitroRCX, the mx400 bike does list fenders as a seperate option part. It may not fit exactly because the number plate on vmx and fender make this weird curve to fit together. I dont see that on the mx400.

In other words, they sell them for that bike, Atomik does not lol. :P
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Jun 19, 2012, 07:26 PM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,378 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
Fender fix options:

I fixed my fender with some spare lexan plastic glued underneath, then molded some metal into a fender saver to hold it together. Saved me a fender! Heres my post about it in the VMX TIPS THREAD http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=137

If unrepairable - you can find a plastic bottle of same shape (I have not yet), thats a temp solution and rig it on there.
2 or 3 Litre bottles, coke bottles, etc...???

You can always bend it with a heat gun/hair dryer or infra red heater (something I do not possess that you see if you have me on FB) or a bit of candle/soldering iron work.

I need to do something similar with the crap/atrocious/pathetic/weak plastics on the M5.
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Old Jun 19, 2012, 07:29 PM
Joined Apr 2006
149 Posts
I gooped it and now in the process of making a fender saver.I say your thread last week,nice job.I have lexan and some small guage metal.gotta experiment with both.