SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 18, 2012, 05:31 PM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurumods View Post
So what is the part # for the muffler.I want to spend some money
#0445 is the clear body set and its supposed to have the muffler in it. PM me your info and I'll get it set up for you.
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 18, 2012, 05:37 PM
Joined Feb 2004
4,350 Posts
No not childish at all, Im just messing with you. Gyros are a very interesting thing and kind of mysterious actually. There are ways of making them defy gravity, see old experiments from WWII era. I understand them enough to make RC bikes! lol
Old Jun 18, 2012, 05:50 PM
Joined Feb 2004
4,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik View Post
so when we upgrade to the E-gyro dose it plug into the extra plugs where the brake servo for the front brake kit would go?

do we have to activate the aux channel for the new gyro

and is it possible to have both the E-gyro and the front brake kit with the extra servo, run on the bike at the same time ?
Good question, the bike gets packed with stuff that's for sure.

The Brake Servo - plugs into the Rx like normal in the CH3 slot.

The E-Gyro (on the MM450) plugs into the power lead Y-harness off the main ESC. When the battery is plugged into the ESC it automatically powers the E-Gyro ESC. Once it gets power it goes through its routine to start up the flywheel.

The E-Gyro ESC does not connect to the radio system.

To update your VMX to run the E-Gyro ESC the conversion kit will include supplies to solder on a Y-harness with bullet plugs to your existing VMX 80A ESC power wires.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 05:55 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,778 Posts
I could have sworn the last 30 pages have been about egyros. Silly me I thought it was funny.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Jun 18, 2012, 05:55 PM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
well cant wait to get the MM450 loved the vmx any way could not fault it so cant wait to see the how the new bike improves on what was a good bike any ways
deen247 is offline Find More Posts by deen247
Old Jun 18, 2012, 06:45 PM
United States, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined Apr 2006
149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro View Post
#0445 is the clear body set and its supposed to have the muffler in it. PM me your info and I'll get it set up for you.
Thanks Chris,but i have bigger fish to fry right now.I just took it out and tested again and my steering servo crapped out.It just started going slower and slower til it finally stopped entirely.Ok no problem,i have servos so i put in a Savox 1257 and it jitters/stutters all the way thru the entire range of the servo.I tried another servo Traxxas 2075 and it does the same thing.I double checked both of those servos in my 4x4 stampede and they work fine.They are both digital servos
gurumods is offline Find More Posts by gurumods
Last edited by gurumods; Jun 18, 2012 at 06:55 PM.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 07:08 PM
Joined Feb 2004
4,350 Posts
Ahh OK did you try swapping the channels on the RX to see if its the RX. Well PM me anyway with your info I'll see if the CS guys can get it sorted. Might be under warranty or something.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 07:09 PM
Joined Feb 2004
4,350 Posts
I'm staring to think we might want to start a new thread jsut for the MM450? What do you guys think?

There is so much info on here its quite daunting for the new guy.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 07:11 PM
United States, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined Apr 2006
149 Posts
My thoughts exactly
gurumods is offline Find More Posts by gurumods
Old Jun 18, 2012, 07:15 PM
United Kingdom, Beverley
Joined May 2012
154 Posts
Then that means this thread will possibly die not good haha
Kurtis is offline Find More Posts by Kurtis
Old Jun 18, 2012, 07:28 PM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,402 Posts
Quote:
No not childish at all, Im just messing with you. Gyros are a very interesting thing and kind of mysterious actually. There are ways of making them defy gravity, see old experiments from WWII era. I understand them enough to make RC bikes! lol
Mmmm, any links for that Chris?

This is a straightforward video Deen. links off to lots of others about Gyros.

Gyroscope (5 min 1 sec)

I will add, you are currently stood on a very large gyroscope (the Earth!)
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Last edited by Jonathan Bradbury; Jun 18, 2012 at 07:34 PM.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 09:08 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
Good question, the bike gets packed with stuff that's for sure.

The Brake Servo - plugs into the Rx like normal in the CH3 slot.

The E-Gyro (on the MM450) plugs into the power lead Y-harness off the main ESC. When the battery is plugged into the ESC it automatically powers the E-Gyro ESC. Once it gets power it goes through its routine to start up the flywheel.

The E-Gyro ESC does not connect to the radio system.

To update your VMX to run the E-Gyro ESC the conversion kit will include supplies to solder on a Y-harness with bullet plugs to your existing VMX 80A ESC power wires.
nice!! i am pretty good at soldering now so i should have no problem getting the new kit together

i think since the mm450 is virtually the same bike other then the gyro and color schema, i think you should make a thread for all the questions, and or problems that may pop up when the new bike is released or anything that has to do with the new E-gyro. if you make a thread for just the mm450 its will kinda suck b.c a lot of ppl including myself will be just upgrading our vmx so we will be left in the dark per-say
Rellik is offline Find More Posts by Rellik
Old Jun 19, 2012, 05:10 AM
United Kingdom, Beverley
Joined May 2012
154 Posts
im with rellik!
chris a quick question, is it going to be very easy to convert the vmx to the e-gyro? i suppose there will be some instruction manual coming with it?
Kurtis is offline Find More Posts by Kurtis
Old Jun 19, 2012, 06:42 AM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
well today im off to one of my spots got 3 ramps made up and some markers got some sections of pipe at the weekend as well that i cut in half to make up a whoop section so today will be trial and era session to see what will work hope to get some film if my friend turns up
deen247 is offline Find More Posts by deen247
Old Jun 19, 2012, 07:34 AM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtis View Post
im with rellik!
chris a quick question, is it going to be very easy to convert the vmx to the e-gyro? i suppose there will be some instruction manual coming with it?
By the sounds of it the biggest problem will be having to solder the Y harness to the esc harness, other then that If you can tak the current bike apart with the mechanical gyro, and put it back to geather I think the kit will be a breeze
Rellik is offline Find More Posts by Rellik