HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 17, 2012, 02:21 PM
United Kingdom, Beverley
Joined May 2012
154 Posts
I'll give that a try when I next get on it and yeah iv got somewhere planned haha,
Kurtis is offline Find More Posts by Kurtis
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 17, 2012, 03:05 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paalmeida View Post
See my movie
procure por jacare e sua moto
alligator and look for your bike
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_dsjAnkUi0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7ptQtGucqI&NR=1
i noticed the steering response is really quick in these videos, my dose not turn half as fast as that even with the D/R at 100% is there a configuration in the controller that will help my steering to be faster?
Rellik is offline Find More Posts by Rellik
Old Jun 17, 2012, 03:31 PM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtis View Post
And the steering has confused me, Its set to normal and when I turn it left it turns right whys this? Can someone explain please?
The complicated answer http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicycle...cycle_dynamics

The simple answer
Name: countersteer.jpg
Views: 38
Size: 90.7 KB
Description:

The bike in front is going for a right hand turn, the steering is going left to 'drop the bike' into the turn. All bikes do this!

Name: gundersen_erik.jpg
Views: 28
Size: 23.6 KB
Description:

And to prove it works the other way, bike steers right and turns left.
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Old Jun 17, 2012, 04:53 PM
United Kingdom, Beverley
Joined May 2012
154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Bradbury View Post
The complicated answer http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicycle...cycle_dynamics

The simple answer
Attachment 4945509

The bike in front is going for a right hand turn, the steering is going left to 'drop the bike' into the turn. All bikes do this!

Attachment 4945528
And to prove it works the other way, bike steers right and turns left.
Haha you mentioned this before haha,
Old Jun 17, 2012, 05:10 PM
United States, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined Apr 2006
149 Posts
This thing is really starting to piss me off.You know how a nascar driver scrubs his tires (wiggle the wheel back and forth)during a yelloow flag ?,that is exactly what my pig is doing.It goes straight as an arrow when just 1/4 throttle,but as soon as i gain some more speed this GD wiggle crap starts.If i continue to pour on the throttle it just gets worse and worse until it just flips over.I don't know what to try next. I have done the following.Anyone have this problem?.Anyone know what the !!!! to do to eliminate it ??.Is the mechanical gyro really to blame for this ?.I dont know,i'm new to bikes,but i really could use a good answer.I'm sure mine isnt the only one doing it.

1- hone front pistons and sleeves,nice and smooth now
2- set clutch to 2.6mm now
3- add a shim before putting in gyro so i can tighten rear wheel without binding
4-80wt oil damper
5- 70wt rear shock
6-25wt front shock
gurumods is offline Find More Posts by gurumods
Old Jun 17, 2012, 06:05 PM
United Kingdom, Beverley
Joined May 2012
154 Posts
Could it be your back wheel not aligned? As I do not know what the NASCAR thing is about your describing I'm just having a guess haha,

Also could anyone give me a tip on the front forks? Iv filled them up I just don't get the "don't over fill" bit as if I don't fill it my forks don't work if I do fill it like 2mm from the top then it works :/
Old Jun 17, 2012, 06:38 PM
Joined Apr 2006
149 Posts
Rear wheel is good,got the alum.adjusters installed.

Front shocks manual says "fill to spring perch".Perch is where the spring sits on top of piston cap.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 07:13 PM
United Kingdom, Beverley
Joined May 2012
154 Posts
What about the front wheel as if the front wheel was buckled/wobbling that could be the cause?
And yes it says that but if I fill it to the perch then my forks don't seem to work, but if I fully my forks 2mm from the top then it works fine, just doesn't go all the way to the top I may need better springs :/ goes all the way down then I let it come up but I have to sort of lift it so the forks are back to normal?
Old Jun 17, 2012, 08:53 PM
Joined Apr 2006
149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtis View Post
What about the front wheel as if the front wheel was buckled/wobbling that could be the cause?
And yes it says that but if I fill it to the perch then my forks don't seem to work, but if I fully my forks 2mm from the top then it works fine, just doesn't go all the way to the top I may need better springs :/ goes all the way down then I let it come up but I have to sort of lift it so the forks are back to normal?
Front wheel spins true.

Your shocks ,that is preload and a little is ok.Try 25wt oil and i bet your shocks will work smooth as silk.Mine have 25wt filled to manual specs.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 08:57 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
did you check the gyro gap? thats the #1 main stability component of the bike
Old Jun 17, 2012, 09:09 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Dose anyone have a link to a PDF for the Vmx radio?
Old Jun 17, 2012, 09:50 PM
Joined Apr 2006
149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik View Post
did you check the gyro gap? thats the #1 main stability component of the bike
Yup,that's the first thing i did.Ihave set it 3 times.2.5mm - 2.6mm - and now back to stock 2.7mm
Old Jun 17, 2012, 09:53 PM
Joined Apr 2006
149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik View Post
Dose anyone have a link to a PDF for the Vmx radio?
Click on documents, Bottom of page
http://www.atomik-rc.com/VR3T-2-4Ghz...&category=-140
Old Jun 18, 2012, 12:09 AM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurumods View Post
This thing is really starting to piss me off.You know how a nascar driver scrubs his tires (wiggle the wheel back and forth)during a yelloow flag ?,that is exactly what my pig is doing.It goes straight as an arrow when just 1/4 throttle,but as soon as i gain some more speed this GD wiggle crap starts.If i continue to pour on the throttle it just gets worse and worse until it just flips over.I don't know what to try next. I have done the following.Anyone have this problem?.Anyone know what the !!!! to do to eliminate it ??.Is the mechanical gyro really to blame for this ?.I dont know,i'm new to bikes,but i really could use a good answer.I'm sure mine isnt the only one doing it.

1- hone front pistons and sleeves,nice and smooth now
2- set clutch to 2.6mm now
3- add a shim before putting in gyro so i can tighten rear wheel without binding
4-80wt oil damper
5- 70wt rear shock
6-25wt front shock
Very strange behavior. I got no answers. So, if on smooth pavement where you can eliminate lack of traction as the problem, it still does this? (Can you take video?)

Gyro: From there, how does gyro sound when your holding bike and giving full throttle. Can you hear the gyro engage fully after like 3 seconds of this and once you let go of throttle is gyro running smooth for long time with no hard vibrations?

Steering: If you pop the steering damper off the front forks, does the forks swivel side to side with no binding?
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Jun 18, 2012, 05:18 AM
United Kingdom, Beverley
Joined May 2012
154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurumods View Post
Front wheel spins true.

Your shocks ,that is preload and a little is ok.Try 25wt oil and i bet your shocks will work smooth as silk.Mine have 25wt filled to manual specs.
I couldn't really say then mate except from it could be your gyro? Like johnny has stated,

And I think I will try 25wt but as you say a little is ok, that's all mine does haha