SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jun 15, 2012, 06:28 PM
Registered User
United Kingdom, Beverley
Joined May 2012
154 Posts
Got mine today guys, very happy! It's massive haha that was my first words lmao, iv got a few pics that I will upload tomoz, going to set the slipper clutch and the gyro clutch, going to have to blueprint my forks as there not coming all the way back up and are a bit stiff, and iv got a buckled front wheel which I ain't happy about! Both of them are my spare and the one I got with it any tips, hints on the wheel guys? It's wobbling like hell!
Kurtis is offline Find More Posts by Kurtis
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 16, 2012, 08:03 AM
Registered User
UFRC's Avatar
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2011
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtis View Post
Got mine today guys, very happy! It's massive haha that was my first words lmao, iv got a few pics that I will upload tomoz, going to set the slipper clutch and the gyro clutch, going to have to blueprint my forks as there not coming all the way back up and are a bit stiff, and iv got a buckled front wheel which I ain't happy about! Both of them are my spare and the one I got with it any tips, hints on the wheel guys? It's wobbling like hell!
awesome,welcome to the club lol,what colour did you get red?......i got the best tip hint for you kurtis Read this fourm!..............its all there mate i know coz i asked the same questions as you way way back as to have many others............i found with the forks it will seem that they are binding but its not the tubes themselves but there binding due to incorrect alighnment...loosen bothsides fork clamps adjust tighten.my frnt wheel was same but slight buckle,seen a few others on here same but if its real bad im sure chriss can help you there,............the wobbling yes that comes standard no extra charge,LOL,.........i got a lot of help with mine on here and experimenting, front end shake thicker steering damp oil ect,............when these e gyros are avaliable im grabing one for mine.......
UFRC is offline Find More Posts by UFRC
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2012, 09:28 AM
Registered User
United Kingdom, Beverley
Joined May 2012
154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFRC View Post
awesome,welcome to the club lol,what colour did you get red?......i got the best tip hint for you kurtis Read this fourm!..............its all there mate i know coz i asked the same questions as you way way back as to have many others............i found with the forks it will seem that they are binding but its not the tubes themselves but there binding due to incorrect alighnment...loosen bothsides fork clamps adjust tighten.my frnt wheel was same but slight buckle,seen a few others on here same but if its real bad im sure chriss can help you there,............the wobbling yes that comes standard no extra charge,LOL,.........i got a lot of help with mine on here and experimenting, front end shake thicker steering damp oil ect,............when these e gyros are avaliable im grabing one for mine.......
i tried the alignment straight away, iv taken them off and there still slightly binding and not going all the way back up?? and the front wheel i got with the bike is ok but the one i bought that is really bad, you dont need to see it wobbling as you can feel it on the bike haha, and yup same here haha i aint even used the bike yet!! and yup i got red.
Kurtis is offline Find More Posts by Kurtis
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2012, 10:23 AM
Registered User
UFRC's Avatar
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2011
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtis View Post
i tried the alignment straight away, iv taken them off and there still slightly binding and not going all the way back up?? and the front wheel i got with the bike is ok but the one i bought that is really bad, you dont need to see it wobbling as you can feel it on the bike haha, and yup same here haha i aint even used the bike yet!! and yup i got red.
Oh ok you havent driven bike as yet gotya, when you do be sure take a clutch (main mtr clutch) spanner as the clutch warms up it changes then fine tune,the chain may strech settle in also,glue stick whatever works the clutch cover on, i half stuck mine on it works,if you are running the guide wires keep an eye on them try pick an area to drive were you can find parts if they fall off lol,.............the rider cops the most punishment feet legs ive seen one decapatatehaaa im up 4 anew one my self you can own do so many plastic sergery jobs.............have fun, let us know how your first run goes
UFRC is offline Find More Posts by UFRC
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2012, 10:35 AM
Registered User
United Kingdom, Beverley
Joined May 2012
154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFRC View Post
Oh ok you havent driven bike as yet gotya, when you do be sure take a clutch (main mtr clutch) spanner as the clutch warms up it changes then fine tune,the chain may strech settle in also,glue stick whatever works the clutch cover on, i half stuck mine on it works,if you are running the guide wires keep an eye on them try pick an area to drive were you can find parts if they fall off lol,.............the rider cops the most punishment feet legs ive seen one decapatatehaaa im up 4 anew one my self you can own do so many plastic sergery jobs.............have fun, let us know how your first run goes
cheers for the tips pal, im trying to get as much done to it before i go out as iv got until the 25th june untill my cast comesw off then i will be using it! haha
also whats this aux channel on the radio?
Kurtis is offline Find More Posts by Kurtis
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2012, 05:21 PM
Registered User
gurumods's Avatar
United States, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined Apr 2006
149 Posts
What ever happened with this cross brace?Page 106 may 10th.I just got my bike and it is discontinued already ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro View Post
Here are some parts in the works - spy shots!

There are some more really cool parts coming soon so stay tuned for updates!

Chris
gurumods is offline Find More Posts by gurumods
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2012, 06:15 PM
Registered User
United Kingdom, Beverley
Joined May 2012
154 Posts
Name: photo (5).jpg
Views: 49
Size: 206.2 KB
Description:

My VMX 450 all shiny and new haha,

ive sorted the front forks out they are not sticking no more!
i changed the inner fork seals around from stock and they now work a hole lot better, no sticking, if i remember i put the 1st that sits into the bottom bit of the fork first then the 1st O ring then both spacers then the last O ring so basically i just flipped the last Oring and spacer round, works now but hopefully it dont leak
i put the B block on upside down, as ill mostly be using it on road, put all my spares onto it and now i just want to go give it a gooo!

THANKS for the awesome bike CHRIS!!

Quote:
What ever happened with this cross brace?Page 106 may 10th.I just got my bike and it is discontinued already ???
i know i wanted the brace and the alloy front hubs!
Kurtis is offline Find More Posts by Kurtis
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2012, 09:13 PM
Registered User
gurumods's Avatar
United States, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined Apr 2006
149 Posts
I think you will like those SM tires and running on road.This thing is tough to get a handle on the dirt/grass.My SM tires will be here tuesday and i bet i don't take them off once i run it like that.
gurumods is offline Find More Posts by gurumods
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2012, 09:29 PM
Registered User
United Kingdom, Beverley
Joined May 2012
154 Posts
I hope so, I like motards better then usual crossers thing outlooks better aswell tbh :s and I'll just change them when I want a change of scenery rather then concrete, and yeah I bet you won't haha think I may try get out with it tomorrow,
Kurtis is offline Find More Posts by Kurtis
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2012, 06:49 AM
Registered User
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurumods View Post
I think you will like those SM tires and running on road.This thing is tough to get a handle on the dirt/grass.My SM tires will be here tuesday and i bet i don't take them off once i run it like that.
how are you finding hard to run on dirt?
deen247 is offline Find More Posts by deen247
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2012, 06:57 AM
Registered User
gurumods's Avatar
United States, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined Apr 2006
149 Posts
It just starts that infamous wiggle wobble on bumps.I'm making a change every run.It has gotten better,but not where i want.I'm gettin a little tired tuning and just want to run some smooth blacktop.
gurumods is offline Find More Posts by gurumods
Last edited by gurumods; Jun 17, 2012 at 09:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2012, 07:20 AM
Registered User
United Kingdom, Beverley
Joined May 2012
154 Posts
Just a quick question guys do I set the ESC LVC to 3.1v? I'm confused with all this reading haha:/
Kurtis is offline Find More Posts by Kurtis
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2012, 08:33 AM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2011
34 Posts
VMX 450 owners

I have several VMX bikes. I notice the hands and feet start coming apart. I do use fast drying glue. What I tried was plastic dip. It's used for coating wrenches. About 7.00 in many colors. All I did was dip each foot and arm in it.
Did 3 coats for feet 2 coats for arms. Used a broken parts of a pen in between the arm grip holes. Cut around and pull it out.
Jetson40 is offline Find More Posts by Jetson40
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2012, 12:49 PM
Registered User
United Kingdom, Beverley
Joined May 2012
154 Posts
Think I need to do that already haha,
Had a blast on it today, was a very small area tbh loads of curbs and what not, I'm finding it easier with the steering set to normal instead of reverse!
My man is trashed haha but nevermind h, and one of my stabiliser bars is bent! :/ iv got a week until I can walk so I think I'll wait and take it to a big car park and try it out there,
And the steering has confused me, Its set to normal and when I turn it left it turns right whys this? Can someone explain please?
Kurtis is offline Find More Posts by Kurtis
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2012, 01:35 PM
Registered User
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtis View Post
Think I need to do that already haha,
Had a blast on it today, was a very small area tbh loads of curbs and what not, I'm finding it easier with the steering set to normal instead of reverse!
My man is trashed haha but nevermind h, and one of my stabiliser bars is bent! :/ iv got a week until I can walk so I think I'll wait and take it to a big car park and try it out there,
And the steering has confused me, Its set to normal and when I turn it left it turns right whys this? Can someone explain please?
the steering should be that way its the same if you think about on a real bike try and set your self up into the turns if you want to turn left turn right first ever so lightly then left let the bike sort of find its line and the bigger the area for the first few runs the better you will soon have it running round how you want in no time
deen247 is offline Find More Posts by deen247
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion HoobyKing new dirt bike vs. venom vmx 450 amitgv1 Motorcycles 19 Oct 13, 2010 11:09 AM
Discussion Duratrax DX450 VS. Venom VMX 450 Butters Motorcycles 31 Mar 18, 2010 03:41 PM
Discussion VMX 1/4 Scale Dirt Bike Venom Media Venom 4 Mar 01, 2010 06:41 PM
Discussion Venom VMX 450 MX Bike! Mark Headling Motorcycles 2 Feb 09, 2010 11:44 AM
Discussion The Original 1/4 Scale RC nitro dirt bike from the 70's Magicd1 Motorcycles 6 Oct 02, 2006 02:06 AM