651 Posts
cool suns out time to play going to run with out crash bars today
deen247 is offline Find More Posts by deen247
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 14, 2012, 02:59 PM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
well got out today ran with no crash bars what a blast of coarse there was spills but tons of fun getting it round the coarse i had made up will post some footage later its not the best quality but you can see it running bar less
Old Jun 14, 2012, 03:20 PM
United States, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined Apr 2006
149 Posts
So,your bike handles good enough to go barless hey ,what's your setup ?
I know i will be chasing it if i take the bars off,i won't even bother yet.
Mine is better each run (got 7 runs now)but it still looses it when i roll on kinda hard thr.It just starts going into a tank slapper and i know the gyro is up to speed.It kinda handles better if i am in a constant BIG sweeping turn.Got slipper set good,gyro clutch 2.6mm,fr.30wt.rear 80wt,damper 80wt with a preload 3mm spacer with the spring.The stiffer i get it the better it seems to be,but any stiffer damper,i may as well lock it down.Any input anyone ????
Anyone try some Ofna 1/8 buggy springs.
gurumods is offline Find More Posts by gurumods
Old Jun 14, 2012, 03:33 PM
United Kingdom, Beverley
Joined May 2012
154 Posts
What's the stock oil that's used for the vmx? E.g- damper, forks & rear shock I'm think of getting some oil just need to know what the stock is cheers
Kurtis is offline Find More Posts by Kurtis
Old Jun 14, 2012, 03:40 PM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
you wont believe me but i have 2 vmx,s one red that i have posted videos of before the other a green unused untill today on the red i have only changed my shock position and changed from the a block to the the b not changed oil,s at all did mean too but never got round to still in the shed should do really but today i took the green out for its maiden outing and i did nothing to it it was just straight out of the box the other bike has had around 25 runs now and the only reason i did not run today is after all them runs i need a new pinion gear noting wrong exepct the grub screw has lost its threading from all the abuse so cant complain
Old Jun 14, 2012, 04:16 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtis View Post
What's the stock oil that's used for the vmx? E.g- damper, forks & rear shock I'm think of getting some oil just need to know what the stock is cheers
Come on now, you dont have the manual?? lol
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Jun 14, 2012, 04:39 PM
United Kingdom, Beverley
Joined May 2012
154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
Come on now, you dont have the manual?? lol
i just rememberd that lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by deen247 View Post
you wont believe me but i have 2 vmx,s one red that i have posted videos of before the other a green unused untill today on the red i have only changed my shock position and changed from the a block to the the b not changed oil,s at all did mean too but never got round to still in the shed should do really but today i took the green out for its maiden outing and i did nothing to it it was just straight out of the box the other bike has had around 25 runs now and the only reason i did not run today is after all them runs i need a new pinion gear noting wrong exepct the grub screw has lost its threading from all the abuse so cant complain
dont think im going to get any oil any way just think im going to get alloy rear shock or the pinned layshaft and the pinned sprocket but no were in the uk has them :/
Last edited by Kurtis; Jun 14, 2012 at 04:46 PM.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 05:07 PM
United Kingdom, Beverley
Joined May 2012
154 Posts
Deeeeeen! youve won a bloody Atomik MM450!! have a look on the compo picture on venoms site and you and 2 others have won it!! congrats pal!

This is the message from venom-

Thanks to everyone for your entering our giveaway! The winners are Jayson Hudson,Tim Corbett and Deen Rix. Congratulations guys. Please email customerservice@atomik-group.com to arrange your address details and we'll ship out Friday
Last edited by Kurtis; Jun 14, 2012 at 05:19 PM.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 06:23 PM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,378 Posts
NICE!!!
Congrats guys!!
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old Jun 14, 2012, 06:23 PM
United States, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined Apr 2006
149 Posts
This bike just keeps getting better every run.Made 1 more change and beat it like a rented corvette and it loved it.
gurumods is offline Find More Posts by gurumods
Old Jun 14, 2012, 06:30 PM
United Kingdom, Beverley
Joined May 2012
154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro View Post
NICE!!!
Congrats guys!!
i wanted to see my name! haha but yeah congrats guys!
Old Jun 14, 2012, 06:49 PM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
sweet cant wait to get the MM450 im over the moon will let you guys know all about it when it arrives
Old Jun 14, 2012, 07:09 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,802 Posts
Wow, cool. Other winners sound well deserved as well.

You can start your own races just with friends (3 bikes now lol). Maybe you can create "Team Deen" for your UK racing and sweep the podium!
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Jun 14, 2012, 07:13 PM
United Kingdom, Beverley
Joined May 2012
154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deen247 View Post
sweet cant wait to get the MM450 im over the moon will let you guys know all about it when it arrives
congrats mate! and youll probably end up getting charged on customs mate, my customs cost me 31 cheaper then i thought tbh, just giving you an heads up pal
Old Jun 14, 2012, 07:24 PM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
Wow, cool. Other winners sound well deserved as well.

You can start your own races just with friends (3 bikes now lol). Maybe you can create "Team Deen" for your UK racing and sweep the podium!
cheers yeah well with 3 at least there will be bikes that can be borrowed to get the racing going even if i have to drag strangers off the road i will get this going so now im going to order 1 egyro and 2 brake kits and see how the other bike goes with the 4300kv 9t motor i just fitted