HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 09, 2012, 11:46 AM
United States, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined Apr 2006
149 Posts
WOW what a smokin deal.I just got back from picking up my VMX 450.I also got the fr disc kit & alum. chain adjusters.The bike was $250 and he has more of them.I will upgrade when the egyro comes out and i already ordered the pinned layshaft ,pinned sprocket,alum triple clamps,cooling fan,super moto tire set.
Sorry i accidently removed link to bike deal,here it is
http://www.ebay.com/itm/130669118124...84.m1438.l2649

And here is my new bike,I am jonesin to get it going
gurumods is offline Find More Posts by gurumods
Last edited by gurumods; Jun 09, 2012 at 12:16 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 09, 2012, 01:22 PM
United Kingdom, Beverley
Joined May 2012
154 Posts
Gurumods, whats this cooling fan you are onna bout?
Kurtis is offline Find More Posts by Kurtis
Old Jun 09, 2012, 02:40 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurumods View Post
WOW what a smokin deal.I just got back from picking up my VMX 450.I also got the fr disc kit & alum. chain adjusters.The bike was $250 and he has more of them.I will upgrade when the egyro comes out and i already ordered the pinned layshaft ,pinned sprocket,alum triple clamps,cooling fan,super moto tire set.
Sorry i accidently removed link to bike deal,here it is
http://www.ebay.com/itm/130669118124...84.m1438.l2649

Do you have a link where you bought the new pinned shaft and sprocket? Are they still in stock
Rellik is offline Find More Posts by Rellik
Old Jun 09, 2012, 04:02 PM
Québec, Canada
Joined Mar 2010
34 Posts
Check at A Main Hobbies they have it in stock.
mazdaxxx is offline Find More Posts by mazdaxxx
Old Jun 09, 2012, 04:10 PM
Joined Apr 2006
149 Posts
The cooling fan was a mistake,i got it for something else.The 9t pinned sprocket was from tower
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...2&I=LXCAVL&P=K

The pinned layshaft from 2wheel hobbies
http://2wheelhobbies.com/product_inf...oducts_id=1618

I just took it out for a spin and i gotta say it got my juices flowing.I was in tall grass so as not to do much damage and it wobbles back and forth quite a bit.I ran it on some dirt/small stones and it still had that wobble.I adjusted the steering curve to -35,that helped a little and may go further to -50 to see what that does,but i think i want to stiffen the steer damper a little,maybe with 40w oil.If anyone thinks i am going wrong way with adjustments,please holler at me.Right now i am going to install fr.disc brake and maybe test more tomorrow.
Old Jun 09, 2012, 04:14 PM
United Kingdom, Beverley
Joined May 2012
154 Posts
Quote:
The cooling fan was a mistake,i got it for something else.The 9t pinned sprocket was from tower

I just took it out for a spin and i gotta say it got my juices flowing.I was in tall grass so as not to do much damage and it wobbles back and forth quite a bit.I ran it on some dirt/small stones and it still had that wobble.I adjusted the steering curve to -35,that helped a little and may go further to -50 to see what that does,but i think i want to stiffen the steer damper a little,maybe with 40w oil.If anyone thinks i am going wrong way with adjustments,please holler at me.Right now i am going to install fr.disc brake and maybe test more tomorrow.
oh right haha, and get a pic up when fr disc is installed please lol and im new to this so i couldnt tell you what to do mate sorry.
Old Jun 09, 2012, 04:30 PM
United Kingdom, Beverley
Joined May 2012
154 Posts
Just realised i ordered a VMX 450 wheel when i didn't need it, so im going to try and sell it.

ANY ONE NEED A REAR WHEEL SET?? BRAND NEW!! been taken out of packaging though,
Pm me.
Old Jun 09, 2012, 04:46 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:

the wobbles is a big problem with the mechanical gyro, the only time it provides good stability is at high speeds when the gears in the rear wheel have time to spin up to speed and get the clutch working,

i upgraded to 30wt oil in my steering damper, but i still get wobbles, going up in oil for the damper is going to give you faster steering response not really stop the wobbles. also the higher you go with the oil the more stress you put on the servo.

once the E-gyro comes out it will be spinning at a constant 12,000 rpms and will provide constant stability even at low speeds and get rid of a lot of the wobbles at low speeds we all have.
Old Jun 09, 2012, 07:00 PM
Joined Apr 2006
149 Posts
The manual shows 30wt oil is stock for damper.
Steering speed was turned down also.I should be able to tune some of that wobble out of it providing i keep the rpms.I am gonna try 35wt oil just to get a feel of tuning it.I also think maybe that soft rear spring is causing a little wobble too.I gotta get some springs and oil just to mess around with.I have seen stock ones fairly stable so just maybe i can get a tune on it til i get the egyro.
Old Jun 09, 2012, 08:50 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Try setting your gyro clutch gap, it can be adjusted from 2.5mm-3mm it comes set at a happy medium. 2.7
Old Jun 09, 2012, 11:29 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2011
90 Posts
Quote:
WOW what a smokin deal.I just got back from picking up my VMX 450.I also got the fr disc kit & alum. chain adjusters.The bike was $250

congrats there gurumods on your fine purchase,man you did verry well geting vmx for $250,whn i got mine it was @500 bucks....... then price went up again to around $550-600,now they have come right down i donot think you would find cheaper,.....looking at your pic there the bike is all new and shiney reminded me when i got mine,but hay if you are anything like me it wont stay like that for long the rider realy cops it lol,but yep there great bikes have fun get an e gyro when avaliable.
UFRC is offline Find More Posts by UFRC
Old Jun 10, 2012, 06:28 AM
Joined Apr 2006
149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik View Post
Try setting your gyro clutch gap, it can be adjusted from 2.5mm-3mm it comes set at a happy medium. 2.7
Yes ty,i will check that gap.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 06:59 AM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
Yes ty,i will check that gap.
make sure you use lock tight
Old Jun 10, 2012, 08:02 AM
Joined Jun 2011
34 Posts
My guess 150.00 is retail on the e gyro. No big deal. I just need to go riding!!
Jetson40 is offline Find More Posts by Jetson40
Old Jun 10, 2012, 10:09 AM
Lloydminster AB
Joined Dec 2010
50 Posts
I'm running 100 wt oil in my steering damper and I think it's pretty good there for now.
cwazyduck is offline Find More Posts by cwazyduck