HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 29, 2010, 02:05 PM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,326 Posts
The front forks can be tuned but not to that extent. That requires valving and metering to split the tasks for the two directions. It can be done its just more expensive and for the RTR it would be too costly. These forks are as simple as can be for their size and made very strong. They feature 5 bushings and 2 of those are the pistons.

The rear shock is similar in size to an 8th scale buggy shock and we will offer an alloy version. Big bore v.s. regular bore is another debate all together in RC suspension. One reason to go big bore is to try to get more consistency on hotter days from the shock oil. Another is the extra space you get from the increase in diameter means you can design different pistons and integrate valves into the piston. The spring selection is generally poor but you get some benefits from larger springs and that has to do with spring design. Like anything else you have to just try it and see. The main reason I went with this type of shock is parts compatibility so you can try to use another bladder or O-ring if your part breaks and there is no replacement around.
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 30, 2010, 03:43 PM
South Africa
Joined Jan 2010
477 Posts
Chris, maybe Im missing something. The pics - is this how the bike will be RTR , because why I ask is that it looks like a ally rear shock and on the previous post you said: we will offer an alloy version. On Venom-group under description and then feautures, it reads: Machined aluminum front forks, triple clamps, steering damper, rear sprocket, rear shock and motor mount. But then if you click on the Hop Ups tab, it shows all the ally parts.
Im just asking to know what ally parts I must order.
Bking1340 is online now Find More Posts by Bking1340
Last edited by Bking1340; Oct 30, 2010 at 03:54 PM.
Old Oct 30, 2010, 04:40 PM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,275 Posts
If you look closely at those pictures a lot of the parts listed as ally on the venom site look to be plastic the tripple clamps steering damper and rear shock all look like plastic to me with machined fittings.
Gaz-b is offline Find More Posts by Gaz-b
Old Oct 31, 2010, 04:01 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2007
650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro View Post
Its been tested to withstand jumps and crashes more extreme than you are currently used to from any motorcycle.
If it is as robust as an ARx Bike, it is robust enough

I'm waiting - as everyone
Gartenzwerg is offline Find More Posts by Gartenzwerg
Old Oct 31, 2010, 08:09 PM
Québec, Canada
Joined Mar 2010
64 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz-b View Post
If you look closely at those pictures a lot of the parts listed as ally on the venom site look to be plastic the tripple clamps steering damper and rear shock all look like plastic to me with machined fittings.
The alloy parts are now offer as hopups on the Venom site.
tntpower is offline Find More Posts by tntpower
Old Nov 01, 2010, 02:56 PM
Joined Feb 2004
4,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bking1340 View Post
Chris, maybe Im missing something. The pics - is this how the bike will be RTR , because why I ask is that it looks like a ally rear shock and on the previous post you said: we will offer an alloy version. On Venom-group under description and then feautures, it reads: Machined aluminum front forks, triple clamps, steering damper, rear sprocket, rear shock and motor mount. But then if you click on the Hop Ups tab, it shows all the ally parts.
Im just asking to know what ally parts I must order.
The rear shock body is plastic, the triple clamps, and steering damper as well, are glass filled nylon for the RTR.
We offer alloy triple clamps and an alloy rear shock which is more robust than the RTR unit. There are other parts as well and I'm guessing all this info hasnt been updated yet and actually we are revamping our site behind the scenes.
If anyone has any questions please ask here or call us.
Old Nov 01, 2010, 03:06 PM
Joined Feb 2004
4,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gartenzwerg View Post
If it is as robust as an ARx Bike, it is robust enough

I'm waiting - as everyone
Well to give you an idea we are jumping over 6 ft high and last measured 22ft out down into a snow swail between our parking lots. Some BMX bike kids made a jump and wore a groove in the grass so we use that. Then we jump up the side bank and land on the parking lot black top some 5ft in the air and 10ft out or more.

We are pretty sure thats more robust than anything we are aware of right now. If there is a video or other photos we have missed then so be it but as it stands the VMX is pretty tough. I dont think you would want to abuse it as bad as we have, some times for fun but not all the time otherwise your going to be checking and maintaining things all the time.

Should be fun, more videos coming soon.
Old Nov 01, 2010, 11:30 PM
Joined Jun 2004
247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris nicastro View Post
well to give you an idea we are jumping over 6 ft high and last measured 22ft out down into a snow swail between our parking lots. Some bmx bike kids made a jump and wore a groove in the grass so we use that. Then we jump up the side bank and land on the parking lot black top some 5ft in the air and 10ft out or more.

We are pretty sure thats more robust than anything we are aware of right now. If there is a video or other photos we have missed then so be it but as it stands the vmx is pretty tough. I dont think you would want to abuse it as bad as we have, some times for fun but not all the time otherwise your going to be checking and maintaining things all the time.

ok ok ok its fun so be a nice guy and share...lol
rhino131 is offline Find More Posts by rhino131
Old Nov 02, 2010, 01:34 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro View Post
"Soon" just ended!!!!!
steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh
Old Nov 02, 2010, 10:18 PM
Joined Jun 2004
247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steliosh View Post
"Soon" just ended!!!!!
???? what just ended still no new video up yet
Old Nov 03, 2010, 01:29 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,280 Posts
"Soon" expired two days ago!
Now, it's video time!
steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh
Old Nov 03, 2010, 06:30 PM
Joined Jun 2004
247 Posts
yes +1
Old Nov 04, 2010, 12:44 AM
Joined Sep 2010
435 Posts
Hi Chris,

What are the dimensions for this beastie?

Seems like it might be quite large.

Cheers

Gecko
Gecko Hunter is offline Find More Posts by Gecko Hunter
Old Nov 04, 2010, 10:57 AM
Joined Feb 2004
4,326 Posts
Length 22in height 17.5in and actually if you have seen an ARX 450 or a Ricky bike its similar in size.
Old Nov 05, 2010, 11:47 AM
Québec, Canada
Joined Mar 2010
64 Posts
Now mid-jan on towers web site...
tntpower is offline Find More Posts by tntpower