HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 05, 2012, 06:36 AM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetson40 View Post
All bikes are used when purchased. One was brand new.
Oh, ok I was thinking about buying a used one but everyone selling them want over $250-300 when you can buy a new one for under $300 brand new off ebay
Rellik is offline Find More Posts by Rellik
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 05, 2012, 07:57 AM
Lloydminster AB
Joined Dec 2010
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtis View Post
thanks for the info duck i think i may get it as it makes it look cooler as well haha
No problem, I've been running my bike since they first came out, still with the original plastic gears installed, and I put the brake kit in this past winter and I really like the handling characteristics of it now. You can really hammer on the brakes to setup for a corner and bring the nose down off a jump. The stock servo won"t do any stoppies, but it is capable of slowing you down in a nice controlled manner.
If you do install the brake kit you might have to bend the disc and sand it to get it flat and true, mine had a bit of a warp to it, but it is very close now.
cwazyduck is offline Find More Posts by cwazyduck
Old Jun 05, 2012, 08:38 AM
United Kingdom, Beverley
Joined May 2012
154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwazyduck View Post
No problem, I've been running my bike since they first came out, still with the original plastic gears installed, and I put the brake kit in this past winter and I really like the handling characteristics of it now. You can really hammer on the brakes to setup for a corner and bring the nose down off a jump. The stock servo won"t do any stoppies, but it is capable of slowing you down in a nice controlled manner.
If you do install the brake kit you might have to bend the disc and sand it to get it flat and true, mine had a bit of a warp to it, but it is very close now.
cheers for the info mate, ill be getting one soon but i want to order everything for the bike when e-gyro comes out, so i dont have to do one off orders haha, and i aint to fussed on the stoppies but would look cool, and oh right if i get a warped one ill do my best to get it straight

iv ordered my vmx from the US bit cheaper but im going to have to pay customs, nevermind.

do you know of a good upgraded servo for the steering and the brake?
Kurtis is offline Find More Posts by Kurtis
Old Jun 05, 2012, 04:50 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,763 Posts
blog.atomik-rc.com/

Chris, is this you getting awesome air again? Sheesh! lol. Epic pic. Btw, did you remove the footpegs so you could attempt this type of jump or for another reason??
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Jun 05, 2012, 06:52 PM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,344 Posts
LOL yes thats me at it again!
I reshaped the jump to get more air and managed to get some 7-8 foot high front flips going. Thats the MM450 with the E-Gyro so I remove the foot pegs because I can get the bike leaned over far enough to scrape the chassis. Also notice... no guide wires!!
Thats a close up of the full size photo which was really cool. Our GFX guy comp'ed the whole jump from the start to the landing from the high speed photography, turned out really sweet.
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old Jun 05, 2012, 07:09 PM
United Kingdom, Beverley
Joined May 2012
154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro View Post
LOL yes thats me at it again!
I reshaped the jump to get more air and managed to get some 7-8 foot high front flips going. Thats the MM450 with the E-Gyro so I remove the foot pegs because I can get the bike leaned over far enough to scrape the chassis. Also notice... no guide wires!!
Thats a close up of the full size photo which was really cool. Our GFX guy comp'ed the whole jump from the start to the landing from the high speed photography, turned out really sweet.
sounds fun haha, any updates on the E-gyro yet chris?

and iv only just noticed the ''no guide wires'' must be a lot better at handling and what not.
Kurtis is offline Find More Posts by Kurtis
Old Jun 06, 2012, 02:05 PM
United States, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined Apr 2006
149 Posts
Hey Chris,any noticeable decrease in run time with the E-gyro vs. mech. gyro ?
gurumods is offline Find More Posts by gurumods
Old Jun 06, 2012, 05:22 PM
dammachines
United States, DC, Washington
Joined Feb 2004
1,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurumods View Post
Hey Chris,any noticeable decrease in run time with the E-gyro vs. mech. gyro ?
I think it's the other way around, the mechanical gyro limits run time. From an earlier reply:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro
The runtime is longer now with less power than the mech gyro. We see times in excess of 15 minutes pretty regularly with the E-Gyro.
dmincin is offline Find More Posts by dmincin
Old Jun 06, 2012, 05:56 PM
Joined Feb 2004
4,344 Posts
That's right, coupled with a less capable battery too. So we are getting 15+ min. on 3200mah packs. For you guys with high C rate 5000mah packs your going to see longer run times than that.
Old Jun 06, 2012, 05:56 PM
Joined Feb 2004
4,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtis View Post
sounds fun haha, any updates on the E-gyro yet chris?

and iv only just noticed the ''no guide wires'' must be a lot better at handling and what not.
No updates, just waiting.

I have become very comfortable with the stock bike so no set up changes out of the box I just drive them as you see in the photo, thats a bone stock bike. When I want to dial a bike in more its pretty simple and very responsive to adjustments.
On nice grass you can lean the bike all the way over to his knee and power back out of the turn. The chassis is touching the ground there is no more lean angle and still the bike is stable. You have to stay on the gas the whole time and power out to stand it up just like full scale! I had real MX stars try the bike at the golf tournament in Vegas and they were surprised by the bike, totally able to drive it right away under good control.

My favorite is loose gravel because the bike roosts and rails around, great control and slides are huge.
Last edited by Chris Nicastro; Jun 06, 2012 at 06:06 PM.
Old Jun 06, 2012, 06:29 PM
Joined Jun 2011
34 Posts
Mm 450

Hey Chris a question for you? The e gyro I know the retail but, whats the selling price? I have 3 bikes man! I want to be cool like yourself with the e gyro.
I'm a vmx 450 hoarder!!
Jetson40 is offline Find More Posts by Jetson40
Old Jun 06, 2012, 06:33 PM
Joined Jun 2011
34 Posts
Something to think about?

My thing on the rider toes was to get that wrench dip it stuff and coat the feet.
Other thing would be use paint markers and paint up my guy different?
How about some feedback guys.
Jetson40 is offline Find More Posts by Jetson40
Old Jun 06, 2012, 06:57 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,763 Posts
Click my name for blog and pics about my painted vmx rider. Chris was the man who helped. Paint is called Createx for airbrushing. Though I had no airbrush, just regular small / straight edged paint brushes. It required a couple coats and you have to heat set with hot air gun!! Works awesome.

Interesting idea with wrench dip.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Jun 06, 2012, 10:05 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2011
90 Posts
a msg frm the rider

awwww, dont ya just feel for the poor guy LOL
UFRC is offline Find More Posts by UFRC
Old Jun 06, 2012, 10:43 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2011
90 Posts
second morgage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetson40 View Post
Heres My DirtBike Group. If the the e gyro is costing 150.00 retail and you have 3 bikes = $$$.$$
Wow jetson congrats on 3 bikes ,i wish,....i see your point of 3x @$150.00 dollars ,it seems alot @$150 for the egyro i guess,but the company has to make money and it would have to be a somewhat precision item,If you were to buy the v2, mm450 or what ever i guess you would be up for the extra as a new bike in any case...
UFRC is offline Find More Posts by UFRC