SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 29, 2012, 08:27 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guidoracer View Post
IIRC, the cover is just $.99 at 2wheelhobbies. Order a few when you get some upgrades.
there saying its going to be $9.30 to ship a $.99 part, that worse then ebay shipping lol.
Rellik is offline Find More Posts by Rellik
to remove ads between posts
Old May 29, 2012, 08:30 PM
United Kingdom, Beverley
Joined May 2012
154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik View Post
Couple more things, once you get the slipper adjusted put a dab or two of CA glue on the rim of the clutch cover, it comes off fairly easy, I lost 2 and it's aggravating bc if it falls off and you run without it, the sand will turn the slipper pad.

# 1 thing is do not try to pull the switch or the other plugs off the esc, they are designed to not come off, I didn't know this and tried to take it apart to clean it and it pulled the pins right out of the esc and I hade to wait. 2 1/2 months to get a new esc sent to me. It dose not say this anywhere in the book, they told me this when I called and told them what happened. Even know it took 1 1/2 months longer then I was told to get a new one, they did send me a brand new on with a program card free of charge ,so I am very happy with there customer support.

Also before you even run the bike I would put red lock tight on the grub screw that locks the pinion gear to the shaft, otherwise it will come loose, happened to me couple times. There is ppl drilling a hole all the way through the shaft and using a longer set screw to stop this, you can find the mod somewhere on here
Okie dokie they will be going on my to do list, also is there a quide on the slipper? Sorry for the questions guys haha and cheers for letting me know I will not be doing that as I ain't no good with electricals haha, all this is very very new to me, iv had one nitro truggy and that's about it didn't even get to run the thing that good as I wasn't able to set it up so I'm hoping electric is easier tO setup/use then nitro haha, and also on my to do lost is get all my parts on! Should be ordering it tomor row night!
Kurtis is offline Find More Posts by Kurtis
Old May 29, 2012, 09:11 PM
dammachines
United States, DC, Washington
Joined Feb 2004
1,388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro View Post
Also I specified the flywheel RPM before as about 15000rpm and from what I'm seeing in production so far we are at 12700rpm. Still that's really good and the bikes are very stable. The main tweaks your going to want to make are suspension and steering damper fluid.
I'll keep working on the RPM to see if we can get more out of it in production.
The cool thing is that the e-gyro is really just a simple brushless outrunner motor. In addition to swapping out the stock e-gyro ESC for one with variable speed, it's very easy to rewind the stator to do whatever you want (just check out the electric motor design and construction forum here -- or ask Lito.) Of course changing the number of turns will also change how much current it draws and run time, etc...

Hopefully you've used a standard diameter stator so we can play around without having to tear apart a $50 new one...

Dave
dmincin is offline Find More Posts by dmincin
Old May 29, 2012, 09:32 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtis View Post
Okie dokie they will be going on my to do list, also is there a quide on the slipper? Sorry for the questions guys haha and cheers for letting me know I will not be doing that as I ain't no good with electricals haha, all this is very very new to me, iv had one nitro truggy and that's about it didn't even get to run the thing that good as I wasn't able to set it up so I'm hoping electric is easier tO setup/use then nitro haha, and also on my to do lost is get all my parts on! Should be ordering it tomor row night!

dont be sorry!! its no problem for me, that's what this forum should be all about , helping each other out and sharing tips, tricks and experiences .

for the slipper it depends on what kind of ground your running one, if your only doing pavement then you want it little loose so it dose not catch instantly thus making the bike flip back wards and cracking your plastics and bending the bar and vice versa for soft ground, if you plan on doing both set it to a happy medium.

run it how it comes stock and see how it dose if it catches to fast, loosen it very small turns outwards to loosen, and if it slips to much turn in ward to tighten it up. only do like 1/8th turns, as its sensitive, just a small turn can make all the difference.

as for the parts, i wold say get the bike and run it first and make sure you like it and want to stick with it before you bling it all out. really the only thing i would say to get off the bat would be the aluminum chain tensioner, I did buy this after running the bike once because the chain has a tendency to come loose b.c the screw on the back of the swing arm that is suppose to squeeze the the top and bottom together and keep the chain from coming loose is plastic and strips out and just dose not have the clamping power it needs for the torque the bike puts out to hold the tire back, i put the aluminum tensioner on and have not had a problem with the chain coming loose yet.

I also have the aluminum triple clamps on mine, but there mainly for show, it may add a tad bit more stability in the front end, but that may just be all in my min lol.

once you get the bike let me know and i will tell you know the throttle curve and all the values i have my radio set up to and help you out as much as you need. i work 16hrs a day 6 days a week, so if i take a while to answer ill get to you if no one els dose by then.

as for nitro, i had a traxxas T-maxx 3.3 and an xtm stx truggy, there a blast when there running right but its a constant fight keeping them tuned when the are changes and get more dense, less dense. Not to mention glow plugs are like $5/each $30 for a gallon of fuel, the the glow igniter and all the other headaches that come with nitro, i sold both and have went strictly to electric and i have no regrets, it so much more enjoyable being able to charge a couple lipos plug in and play

im really excited for the new E-gyro as im sure you have read me say a number of times already, but i love this bike, i love working on it, running it cleaning it, heck some times ill wake up in the middle of the night and walk in and stare at her for a min or two just thinking where im going to run her next lol. once you get the hang of all the adjustments and how to steer it you will have a blast, and it will attract anyone who sees it run.
Old May 29, 2012, 10:33 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,780 Posts
Speaking of front sprockets...I posted this on facebook last week, so those guys already saw this. Looks like redesign of the front sprocket that will use a pin instead of grub screw.

http://www.atomik-rc.com/9T-Pinned-S...category=76910

http://www.atomik-rc.com/Pinned-Lays...category=76910
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old May 29, 2012, 11:11 PM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,194 Posts
I don't think that Chris wants everyone voiding their warranty right out of the box, but rewinding the stator to a hotter wind isn't all that difficult. Dave encouraged me to do it myself on one of his builds, and after getting over the initial anxiety, it wasn't bad.

As far as the spur cover goes, I has misplaced one for a while, and used a few pieces of electrical tape to cover the hole. I replaced it after every run, but it wasn't too much trouble.
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Old May 29, 2012, 11:25 PM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,194 Posts
And speaking of sprockets, here is Alleven RC's new Microdrive set for the VMX/MM450. The sprockets are milled from 7075 alloy and require the use of the pinned layshaft for the VMX/MM450. I have almost 1 hour on the set, and they are holding up great -- a little stretching after the first run, and the sprockets show only cosmetic wear.
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Old May 30, 2012, 05:20 AM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
great upgrades!! deff be picking this up along with the E-gyro

thanx for the tape idea, i will prob wind up doing this till i can figure out something more permanent.
Old May 30, 2012, 05:22 AM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guidoracer View Post
And speaking of sprockets, here is Alleven RC's new Microdrive set for the VMX/MM450. The sprockets are milled from 7075 alloy and require the use of the pinned layshaft for the VMX/MM450. I have almost 1 hour on the set, and they are holding up great -- a little stretching after the first run, and the sprockets show only cosmetic wear.
so this shaft http://www.atomik-rc.com/Pinned-Lays...category=76910 goes with the new sprocket set up? are the sprockets up for sale yet?
Old May 30, 2012, 05:32 AM
United Kingdom, Beverley
Joined May 2012
154 Posts
Quote:
dont be sorry!! its no problem for me, that's what this forum should be all about , helping each other out and sharing tips, tricks and experiences .

for the slipper it depends on what kind of ground your running one, if your only doing pavement then you want it little loose so it dose not catch instantly thus making the bike flip back wards and cracking your plastics and bending the bar and vice versa for soft ground, if you plan on doing both set it to a happy medium.

run it how it comes stock and see how it dose if it catches to fast, loosen it very small turns outwards to loosen, and if it slips to much turn in ward to tighten it up. only do like 1/8th turns, as its sensitive, just a small turn can make all the difference.

as for the parts, i wold say get the bike and run it first and make sure you like it and want to stick with it before you bling it all out. really the only thing i would say to get off the bat would be the aluminum chain tensioner, I did buy this after running the bike once because the chain has a tendency to come loose b.c the screw on the back of the swing arm that is suppose to squeeze the the top and bottom together and keep the chain from coming loose is plastic and strips out and just dose not have the clamping power it needs for the torque the bike puts out to hold the tire back, i put the aluminum tensioner on and have not had a problem with the chain coming loose yet.

I also have the aluminum triple clamps on mine, but there mainly for show, it may add a tad bit more stability in the front end, but that may just be all in my min lol.

once you get the bike let me know and i will tell you know the throttle curve and all the values i have my radio set up to and help you out as much as you need. i work 16hrs a day 6 days a week, so if i take a while to answer ill get to you if no one els dose by then.

as for nitro, i had a traxxas T-maxx 3.3 and an xtm stx truggy, there a blast when there running right but its a constant fight keeping them tuned when the are changes and get more dense, less dense. Not to mention glow plugs are like $5/each $30 for a gallon of fuel, the the glow igniter and all the other headaches that come with nitro, i sold both and have went strictly to electric and i have no regrets, it so much more enjoyable being able to charge a couple lipos plug in and play

im really excited for the new E-gyro as im sure you have read me say a number of times already, but i love this bike, i love working on it, running it cleaning it, heck some times ill wake up in the middle of the night and walk in and stare at her for a min or two just thinking where im going to run her next lol. once you get the hang of all the adjustments and how to steer it you will have a blast, and it will attract anyone who sees it run.
ahah ok, ill probably have lots more questions when it comes ,
and it will most probably both as iv got the smr tyres and like 5 mins away is a big big woodland what ill be taking it on,
and iv got the chain tensioner set, and iv got the alloy tripple clamp, and also a front & rear wheels with the smr tyres on, so i can just change my wheels straight over haha.

and i think i will actually like the bike, i love things like this taking it apart fixing it thats what i love doing, and yeah ill let you know when i get it be in about 1week-2week,

and yeah i really couldnt get the hang of my nitro car, i upgraded it all to aluminium parts haha looked beast, it wasnt something special was an HSP with 2 speed was quite fast aswell.

For the E-Gyro, I will be getting that when it comes out and when i get back to work to get enough money for the thing, $139.99 on venom site!

And
ill have to get more batterys as im only getting the one for now,
just need a good cheap charger, found a ansmann xbase 2.0 for 49.99 on ebay.
Old May 30, 2012, 05:50 AM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtis View Post
ahah ok, ill probably have lots more questions when it comes ,
and it will most probably both as iv got the smr tyres and like 5 mins away is a big big woodland what ill be taking it on,
and iv got the chain tensioner set, and iv got the alloy tripple clamp, and also a front & rear wheels with the smr tyres on, so i can just change my wheels straight over haha.

and i think i will actually like the bike, i love things like this taking it apart fixing it thats what i love doing, and yeah ill let you know when i get it be in about 1week-2week,

and yeah i really couldnt get the hang of my nitro car, i upgraded it all to aluminium parts haha looked beast, it wasnt something special was an HSP with 2 speed was quite fast aswell.

For the E-Gyro, I will be getting that when it comes out and when i get back to work to get enough money for the thing, $139.99 on venom site!

And
ill have to get more batterys as im only getting the one for now,
just need a good cheap charger, found a ansmann xbase 2.0 for 49.99 on ebay.
thats the price on venoms sight now but when it comes out it will be cheaper on other sights and ebay. just like the mm450 is listed at $599 it will not be that much, or at least i dont think.

youll get a good 15-20 min run from each battery, but make sure if its one thing you dont go cheap on is the charger, lipos are dangerous if there not charged right and i have her that some of them chargers dont balance charge that well.you can get a decent charger for like $60-70 and be fine dont get a cheap off brand that no one has herd of ask around and look up reviews first before you get a charger.
Old May 30, 2012, 05:55 AM
United Kingdom, Beverley
Joined May 2012
154 Posts
Quote:
thats the price on venoms sight now but when it comes out it will be cheaper on other sights and ebay. just like the mm450 is listed at $599 it will not be that much, or at least i dont think.

youll get a good 15-20 min run from each battery, but make sure if its one thing you dont go cheap on is the charger, lipos are dangerous if there not charged right and i have her that some of them chargers dont balance charge that well.you can get a decent charger for like $60-70 and be fine dont get a cheap off brand that no one has herd of ask around and look up reviews first before you get a charger.
Ok mate cheers, and as for the charger- http://www.modelsport.co.uk/_images/...51100003_1.jpg --- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006693251...ht_1774wt_1037

just looks the same as a venom pro charger?
But im still looking around for the charger,
any of you guys got some tips on which charger to get?
and is it also good to get a Li-Po sack?
and for the battery should i get the Venom 2s 20C 5000Mah 7.4V or the Venom 2S 30C 5000Mah 7.4V?
also one site says to charge the 30C 2S at 3C (15A) were as the venom site says 1C (5A)?
im confused
Last edited by Kurtis; May 30, 2012 at 07:39 AM.
Old May 30, 2012, 08:54 AM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,402 Posts
iMAX B6 charger 12.49 Takes a couple of weeks but it's cheap, charges everything and it works! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IMax-B6-Di...item5d33a0b2b5

Lipo sack. 2.79 Same as before regards delivery. DO NOT CHARGE LIPOS WITHOUT USING ONE! I CAN'T STRESS THAT ONE ENOUGH. Lots of stories of people having their house burnt down due to not using one. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RC-LiPo-Ba...item336976e9fb

You can also browse here for more info regarding chargers, etc... http://www.rcgroups.com/batteries-and-chargers-129/
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Old May 30, 2012, 09:56 AM
United Kingdom, Beverley
Joined May 2012
154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Bradbury View Post
iMAX B6 charger 12.49 Takes a couple of weeks but it's cheap, charges everything and it works! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IMax-B6-Di...item5d33a0b2b5

Lipo sack. 2.79 Same as before regards delivery. DO NOT CHARGE LIPOS WITHOUT USING ONE! I CAN'T STRESS THAT ONE ENOUGH. Lots of stories of people having their house burnt down due to not using one. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RC-LiPo-Ba...item336976e9fb

You can also browse here for more info regarding chargers, etc... http://www.rcgroups.com/batteries-and-chargers-129/
Cheers JB,
what do you mean by the ''Takes a couple of weeks'' iv found one on ebay from the UK for 39.99 with everything plus ac adaptor and everything.
also what about the Turnigy Accucell 6? that looks better IMO
This thing will charge the Venom 2S 30C 5000mAh 7.4V battery wont it?
haha sorry for the noob questions just want to be sure

and yup ill be getting a lipo bag
Last edited by Kurtis; May 30, 2012 at 10:17 AM.
Old May 30, 2012, 10:27 AM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,402 Posts
I was refering to delivery times.

Dont know about the Turnigy, I'll refer you to the batteries and chargers forum for that one. The flyers are pretty clued up on such things,.

Dont apologise for''noob questions'', the one thing that is certain in life (beyond taxes,death and darkness) is that everyone starts with bugger all knowledge.
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury