HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 24, 2012, 10:58 AM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,754 Posts
I wonder how a braking system like on the SB5 road bike would work for dirt bikes? No brake cables, brake servo is as low to ground as possible for COG of bike. Seems like a win-win to me.

Btw, I couldnt wait, I preordered / backordered whatever the egyro for peace of mind lol.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
to remove ads between posts
Old May 24, 2012, 12:20 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Chris, dose that kit have everything to drop right in the vmx and go? Also will it have instruction?
Rellik is offline Find More Posts by Rellik
Old May 24, 2012, 01:56 PM
Bruce
Palmdale, CA
Joined Sep 2005
2,772 Posts
Chris,

Is there a part number for the gyro ESC?

Bruce
slawsonb is offline Find More Posts by slawsonb
Old May 24, 2012, 02:00 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,754 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik View Post
Chris, dose that kit have everything to drop right in the vmx and go? Also will it have instruction?
They always do, but really its no different than just looking at the MM450 instruction manual and going to pages dealing with the egyro (that manual is already available).
Old May 24, 2012, 02:53 PM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,326 Posts
Yes and Yes. It's a no brainer don't worry. Its number 0535.
http://www.atomik-rc.com/FAQ/?search=e-gyro
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old May 24, 2012, 03:58 PM
Adelaide, South Australia
Joined Feb 2007
322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro View Post
Wow that full size cable looks like a bent spoke on there! Are you sure its not affecting the steering? Did you go to a thicker damper oil?

I'm looking at messing around with some 4WD SCT motors from Tenshock on the MM450. These are 4 pole motors so the torque is a lot more than your standard motors. They have a 5200KV motor I want to run that will be pretty fast I bet. I'll run a 100A ESC along with it too. Im also looking at 3500KV on 3S.
The problem is the 5mm shaft. I need to find a pinion that will work or try to turn the motor shaft down.
When I was putting it together, I put the liner into the keeper on on the fork leg, and as I was bending the cable down toward the brake servo, I was watching the headstock, it did not move.
I do need to put thicker oil in the steering dampener anyway, because I only had 25w at the time, really need 35 to 40w
magnuts is offline Find More Posts by magnuts
Last edited by magnuts; May 24, 2012 at 03:59 PM. Reason: poor grammar
Old May 25, 2012, 10:45 AM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,326 Posts
Sounds good, yeah try the 40wt oil I think you will like that better.

I managed to drill out the stock brass pinion gear to 5mm id for the Tenshock motor shaft. I'll mess around with this later and post a video, should be a speed freak bike! Im upping the ESC to 100A and use a 2S 30C 5000mah pack or better.
I cant use 3S though, forgot the E-Gyro ESC and Gyro motor are 2S only, well actually its the motor that will have the issue first then it will fail the ESC.
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old May 25, 2012, 10:46 AM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
just got back from a killer session all on film just about to edit and upload dirt road / woodland / lakeside action Gorilla footage at scout,s camp in nice sunshineopco rn:
deen247 is offline Find More Posts by deen247
Old May 25, 2012, 01:14 PM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,163 Posts
Gorillas and dirtbikes??!!?
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Old May 25, 2012, 06:08 PM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
Venom VMX 450 uk sunshine fun (3 min 9 sec)

good wheelie right at the end
Old May 25, 2012, 11:52 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,754 Posts
Whats with all the sunshine?? I expect gray skies dangit! Thanks for sharing. Where was the gorilla though? haha
Old May 26, 2012, 08:16 AM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Question, how dose the wires Connect to the brushless motor for the gyro, and spin with the wheel?
Last edited by Rellik; May 26, 2012 at 08:03 PM.
Old May 26, 2012, 05:20 PM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
another day another run two good jumps at the end

uk rc dirt bike action (1 min 33 sec)
Old May 26, 2012, 06:07 PM
United Kingdom, Beverley
Joined May 2012
154 Posts
Hi Guys!

I'm new to the forum

I've been looking at the VMX 450 for a week now and I'm ordering one on Friday.
I've ordered some parts for the bike already.
Just wondering if you guys could give me some tips and tricks on the things to do before I run it.
I consider my self as a speed freak at times so I'll probably be on the throttle a lot & the brake a lot,

Maybe sometimes I'd be going slow as I live very close to a main road :/

Iv got the SMR tyres coming so I'll mostly be using it on concrete sometimes dirt,
Just want to know what to set the clutch at and other things to set?
Help would be much appreciated
Kurtis is offline Find More Posts by Kurtis
Old May 26, 2012, 08:12 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
i would say wait till the mm450, its worth the wait, its posted for a lot right now but when it hits the shelves it will be closer to the vmx450 price, the new bike has the E-gyro which will be 10x better then the old mechanical gyro with all the gears and stuff to maintain and keep an eye on. going slow with the mechanical gyro is not fun, it get very unstable when you go slow for a period of time because the slower you go the slower the gyro gears and clutch spin thus making the bike wobbly and hard to control direction. I have a lot of fun with the vmx right now, but once the new gyro comes out it will be much more enjoyable.

any who if you have any specific questions, just ask couple months ago i was a new B to 2 wheel rc and the guys on here are great at helping and diagnosing problems

ps if you do decide to get the vmx bc of a goo deal or something, the new gyro is 100% compatible so you could always get the bike now and just upgrade when it comes out.