HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 19, 2012, 06:35 AM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
Hard to tell when its not in front of me. When it rubs, what side is on? Listen to it and try to find where sound is coming from. You have all the spacers and bushings correctly on axle like the manual shows (even the red one)? What if you eliminate the tire/insert/beadlock from equation and put 2 wheel halves together without them? Still binding?

Tips: coffee can holds wheel nicely while putting it all together. For getting wheel halves together with holes matched up first try...put 4 toothpics in screw holes around wheel. Then slide other side of wheel on through toothpics. Get like 2 screws on across from each other, then go around and all screws should be easy squeezy.
i have not tried doing it with the tire off but i deff will tonight. i think i have everything right i am following the book, i have the one spacer that the sun gear sets on down on the planet gear carrier,then on the other side there is another brass spacer followed by the red spacer. the problem i ma having, is when i put it back together, when i hold the wheel and turn the axle, its super tight, or it spin the gear for a second then seems like the pin that goes through the axle and sets it the groove of the planet gear carrier dose not stay in, like i hear the gears spin a few times then i dont hear them spinning.

tonight when i get home im going to try it without the tire and all and see how it dose. thank you for the tips, oh and i usually use a couple small allens to line the holes up but i did use toothpicks yesterday at work lol.
Rellik is offline Find More Posts by Rellik
to remove ads between posts
Old May 19, 2012, 11:11 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
i went back through the process again and see what was happening,when i set everything in and the put the top peace on that all the screw go through, i had the bearing in, i noticed that when i pushed down to get the first screw started, and the let go, the bearing would catch the shaft on the way down, stick a little bit on the way back up just enough to pull the axle back out of the carrier, so all i did was assembled everything with the bearing out, and put it in last and its was like magic and even know it is 11pm i had to run out to the street and give her a quick test run and she is like new again, ran it under a car and decided it was time to come back in lol, next, wide open field to set the clutch and everything up without cars and curbs to hit.
Old May 20, 2012, 10:02 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
chris,

i got my bike all together and running again, but for some reason it dose not stop like it use to, there is barley any brake force, i set the brake force to 100% with the esc card, but dose not brake well, is there something els maybe in the controller that will cause this?
Old May 20, 2012, 11:29 PM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,211 Posts
The low end-point adjustment for Ch.2 sets the amount of braking from the radio. Also, the brakes will have more effect braking from high speed rather than low speed. The slipper setting will affect the braking also. Lastly, you don't really want to lock up the rear wheel, as that puts undue stress on the gyro gears and shaft pins.
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Old May 21, 2012, 01:18 PM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
got out today again with the bike and drew a crowd and even had some one take pictures as they had never seen an rc bike before and was amazed how it ran on two wheels , lol
deen247 is offline Find More Posts by deen247
Old May 21, 2012, 01:32 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,727 Posts
I think it's amazing that as long as RC bikes have been around, that there are still people, even those that say they are heavily into RC, that have never seen an RC bike or seen one run....
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Old May 21, 2012, 10:04 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guidoracer View Post
The low end-point adjustment for Ch.2 sets the amount of braking from the radio. Also, the brakes will have more effect braking from high speed rather than low speed. The slipper setting will affect the braking also. Lastly, you don't really want to lock up the rear wheel, as that puts undue stress on the gyro gears and shaft pins.
Low-end adjustment?
Old May 21, 2012, 10:18 PM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik View Post
Low-end adjustment?
In VR3T terms, that would be the TH B (Throttle Back) setting on the EPA (End Point Adjustment) screen. The higher the number, the more braking is set.
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Old May 22, 2012, 07:48 AM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Oh on so it's in the radio? Thanx a lot
Old May 22, 2012, 02:14 PM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,378 Posts
I'm back in town from the Hangtown race in Sacramento. Awesome event and we showed off the new MM450 to the public and media. I was able to drive the bike and roost around a bit so that was a lot of fun.

You get that ESC/Radio figured out for more braking Rellik?
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old May 22, 2012, 02:28 PM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro View Post
I'm back in town from the Hangtown race in Sacramento. Awesome event and we showed off the new MM450 to the public and media. I was able to drive the bike and roost around a bit so that was a lot of fun.

You get that ESC/Radio figured out for more braking Rellik?
cool
deen247 is offline Find More Posts by deen247
Old May 22, 2012, 02:36 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,801 Posts
Quote:
Cool. So is this something your going to show at a select few of the biggest lucas oil races this year, or just this one? You get to stop and watch the racing or was it work work work, because JS7 pulled off a pretty amazing return to mx...new team, new bike, no crashes lol. Will make for good season.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old May 22, 2012, 04:43 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,727 Posts
Quote:
Tease....
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Old May 22, 2012, 07:54 PM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,378 Posts
Hahaha
Yeah it was awesome. JS just dominated I got to watch both motos and quals. He just set the pace and that was that. Dungey was in the hunt but couldn't make up the ground. It was pretty much Check Please and Im out!

We are showing the bike at select events and to industry peeps related to Metal Mulisha.
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old May 22, 2012, 08:09 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,801 Posts
Maybe you should suggest marketing to post those events you attend on the facebook pages.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc