HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old May 16, 2012, 11:31 AM
Registered User
Chris Nicastro's Avatar
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gull View Post
Hi Chris, when do you think the new MM450 will be available in shops in the UK?
I'm not sure at this time but they should be available at about the same time as when they arrive here from what Im told.

Also to answer a previous question the EU models will have the correct plug for the charger.
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 16, 2012, 02:48 PM
Registered User
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
got out today and got some footage just trying to edit but actually managed to get a back flip on film
deen247 is offline Find More Posts by deen247
Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2012, 07:37 AM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Chris. Have you guys every thought about adding a small e-gyro to the front wheel? I'm thinking this would make the bike super stable (if this is possible)

Also I was wondering if there will ever bee a small wheelie bar made so when the bike dose wheelie it dosent flop from side to side?
Rellik is offline Find More Posts by Rellik
Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2012, 08:09 AM
Gregor from Germany
RC-Motorradshop's Avatar
Nuremberg, Germany
Joined Aug 2006
52 Posts
Too much gyro effect will make the bike harder to lean into corners, you wouldn't be able to lean over from one side to the other quite fast. Believe me, it is perfect with the electric gyro system

Besides, I think the front wheel would be too heavy to do wheelies as you like.

Bye
Gregor
RC-Motorradshop is offline Find More Posts by RC-Motorradshop
Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2012, 11:23 AM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-Motorradshop View Post
Too much gyro effect will make the bike harder to lean into corners, you wouldn't be able to lean over from one side to the other quite fast. Believe me, it is perfect with the electric gyro system

Besides, I think the front wheel would be too heavy to do wheelies as you like.

Bye
Gregor
Yeah that makes sence, an I do like doing wheelies, wish there was a wheelie bar that would hold he bike stable on the rear wheel so you can ride wheelies
Rellik is offline Find More Posts by Rellik
Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2012, 10:22 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
i think my man i finally ready to hit the dirt again, now its time to sit back and watch the show lol
Rellik is offline Find More Posts by Rellik
Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2012, 10:26 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
oh one more thing, any one know what the extra single resister is that comes with the esc? the esc comes with two already connected to it, but i got an extra on, any idea what per-pus that would serve ?
Rellik is offline Find More Posts by Rellik
Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2012, 05:12 AM
Registered User
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik View Post
oh one more thing, any one know what the extra single resister is that comes with the esc? the esc comes with two already connected to it, but i got an extra on, any idea what per-pus that would serve ?
if i understand you correctly its for the brake kit 3rd channel
deen247 is offline Find More Posts by deen247
Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2012, 07:03 AM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deen247 View Post
if i understand you correctly its for the brake kit 3rd channel
Oh so if I where to get the brake kit with the extra servo I would connect That to the open slot on the esc? Would this do anything if I used it now?
Rellik is offline Find More Posts by Rellik
Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2012, 08:18 AM
Registered User
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
what do you want to use it for its just a third channel there for braking
deen247 is offline Find More Posts by deen247
Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2012, 09:53 AM
Registered User
Gartenzwerg's Avatar
Austria
Joined Jan 2007
657 Posts
..if I go by what is connected to the ESC, I'd say you are talking about a capacitor?

Please take a photo, so we know what you are talking about.
Gartenzwerg is online now Find More Posts by Gartenzwerg
Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2012, 10:23 AM
HobbyKing
Paul Susbauer's Avatar
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong
Joined Apr 2001
4,563 Posts
That is the glitch capacitor we sell with the stand alone motor/esc combo. It is used in a spare channel on your RX if you are having bec cut out issues. This helps to smooth out power spikes and dips. If you're not having problems, it is not needed.
Paul Susbauer is online now Find More Posts by Paul Susbauer
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2012, 08:10 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Susbauer View Post
That is the glitch capacitor we sell with the stand alone motor/esc combo. It is used in a spare channel on your RX if you are having bec cut out issues. This helps to smooth out power spikes and dips. If you're not having problems, it is not needed.
ok cool ill just keep it around in case i have any issues.


also i am having trouble getting my gyro back together, every thing is adjusted right, and spins find up till the pint i put the 10 screws that run around the tire to hold the two half's together, then it seems like something is getting bound up, i took it apart like 5 times and put it back together and it seems to keep doing this. anyone run into this problem or have and tips that might help me out????

i cant wait till the E-gyro comes out so there is no more messing with these gears and all
Rellik is offline Find More Posts by Rellik
Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2012, 12:35 AM
RC Dirt Bike Action
JohnnyMc's Avatar
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,789 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik View Post
also i am having trouble getting my gyro back together, every thing is adjusted right, and spins find up till the pint i put the 10 screws that run around the tire to hold the two half's together, then it seems like something is getting bound up, i took it apart like 5 times and put it back together and it seems to keep doing this. anyone run into this problem or have and tips that might help me out????
Hard to tell when its not in front of me. When it rubs, what side is on? Listen to it and try to find where sound is coming from. You have all the spacers and bushings correctly on axle like the manual shows (even the red one)? What if you eliminate the tire/insert/beadlock from equation and put 2 wheel halves together without them? Still binding?

Tips: coffee can holds wheel nicely while putting it all together. For getting wheel halves together with holes matched up first try...put 4 toothpics in screw holes around wheel. Then slide other side of wheel on through toothpics. Get like 2 screws on across from each other, then go around and all screws should be easy squeezy.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2012, 05:31 AM
Registered User
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
just about to take the bike to a dirt track i got 4 packs charged and ready to rumble
deen247 is offline Find More Posts by deen247
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion HoobyKing new dirt bike vs. venom vmx 450 amitgv1 Motorcycles 19 Oct 13, 2010 12:09 PM
Discussion Duratrax DX450 VS. Venom VMX 450 Butters Motorcycles 31 Mar 18, 2010 04:41 PM
Discussion VMX 1/4 Scale Dirt Bike Venom Media Venom 4 Mar 01, 2010 07:41 PM
Discussion Venom VMX 450 MX Bike! Mark Headling Motorcycles 2 Feb 09, 2010 12:44 PM
Discussion The Original 1/4 Scale RC nitro dirt bike from the 70's Magicd1 Motorcycles 6 Oct 02, 2006 03:06 AM