Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 03, 2012, 12:42 AM
Joined Apr 2009
2,582 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akura2 View Post
my ESC stopped working very shortly after I got the bike... the ESC power switch was faulty... but I switched out the ESC gear and now it runs great... no other problems with the bike whatsoever... I haven't even broken or worn anything out yet... still on original 1st gen gyro gears
outside of the glitch mine hasn't had a problem. it's a well made bike. what esc did you use?
crash goodly is offline Find More Posts by crash goodly
to remove ads between posts
Old May 03, 2012, 09:51 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Chris, on the rear tire, there is a red spacer, where exactly dose that go? The exploded view looks like it goes behind the bearing on the opisit side of the sprocket, but when I put it all together it caused the bearing to stick out and not sit flush???
Rellik is offline Find More Posts by Rellik
Old May 04, 2012, 01:32 PM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
got out today with the VMX another great session loads of fun just wish i new some one uk based up for a run any one out there want a run pm me
deen247 is offline Find More Posts by deen247
Old May 05, 2012, 07:25 AM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
well just done my six run check on the bike and no problems at all gyro and gears a ok every thing went back in nice grip locked every thing looks and runs just as it did out of the box love this bike and cant wait for the new version to be released i no for sure im going to get a new bike as well
any info yet Chris we all been waiting a very long time for the video and spec

ps going to get some more filming done tomorrow with out crash bars
cheers deen
Old May 05, 2012, 11:55 AM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
Venom VMX slow motion skate park UK action big jumps (7 min 56 sec)
Old May 05, 2012, 01:27 PM
Joined Apr 2007
12 Posts
Hello ..
I was looking at the Venom 1/4 VMX 450 Dirtbike to purchase.

I noticed that Towerhobbies has Discontinued them and ALL the parts.
I also noticed that Venum has Nothing on there site, describing the VMX bike.
They have it in a video on the fron website, but if you click on surface, motorcycles, you only
get the 1/8 road bike...?? I did however get to it by doing a search...Perhaps this is just Venum's goofy website??

Tower no longer stocks them, and they are out of stock on all the websites..????

Is this Bike Discontinued???
Shame if it is.....
Seems like it was Finally Just released....

FYI...
I am new to this forum, but a regular on RCuni, and FG....
Justin.
kocher is offline Find More Posts by kocher
Old May 05, 2012, 02:01 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Feb 2012
8 Posts
[QUOTE=kocher;21527309]Hello ..

They have it in a video on the fron website, but if you click on surface, motorcycles, you only
get the 1/8 road bike...?? I did however get to it by doing a search...Perhaps this is just Venum's goofy website??

Tower no longer stocks them, and they are out of stock on all the websites..????

Shame if it is.....

FYI...
Justin.[/QUOTE

All of venoms cars, trucks & bikes have been moved to a new company called atomik r/c.
http://www.atomik-rc.com

The VMX is also being updated and the new version is to be released soon.
cmpilot is offline Find More Posts by cmpilot
Old May 05, 2012, 02:37 PM
Joined Apr 2009
2,582 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deen247 View Post
great vid.. i want a new one as well.
Old May 05, 2012, 03:23 PM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
VMX in the UK sunshine (1 min 41 sec)
Old May 05, 2012, 04:49 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,740 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deen247 View Post
Theres some good clips in there with big air. Nice. If you dont mind suggestions, I have a few minor ones. First, I love slow motion so Im all for it, but there was a lot of sections where it didnt need to be done where bike was just driving around or trying to get back up. Make those regular speed, then cut to slow motion during the jumps, crashes, etc. Second, theres like a 1 minute gap of black out and at first I wasnt sure if it was my computer or not lol, so clip that out when possible.

Its nice to see someone interested in getting videos out. Youve inspired me to get going on releasing vids. I got a not so exciting vid almost ready...just learning the video software as I go.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old May 05, 2012, 05:50 PM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
Theres some good clips in there with big air. Nice. If you dont mind suggestions, I have a few minor ones. First, I love slow motion so Im all for it, but there was a lot of sections where it didnt need to be done where bike was just driving around or trying to get back up. Make those regular speed, then cut to slow motion during the jumps, crashes, etc. Second, theres like a 1 minute gap of black out and at first I wasnt sure if it was my computer or not lol, so clip that out when possible.

Its nice to see someone interested in getting videos out. Youve inspired me to get going on releasing vids. I got a not so exciting vid almost ready...just learning the video software as I go.

Hi thanks for the comments i just wanted to get some film out there im just learning the editing myself didnt no about the gap will take a look
Old May 06, 2012, 03:45 PM
Joined Jun 2011
34 Posts
[QUOTE=cmpilot;21527501]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kocher View Post
Hello ..

Shame if it is.....

FYI...
Justin.[/QUOTE

All of venoms cars, trucks & bikes have been moved to a new company called atomik r/c.
http://www.atomik-rc.com

The VMX is also being updated and the new version is to be released soon.
You may be able to find one discounted elsewhere. E-bay or there is a few other mailorder places. All my bikes are used with little use.
Jetson40 is offline Find More Posts by Jetson40
Old May 06, 2012, 07:22 PM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmpilot View Post

You may be able to find one discounted elsewhere. E-bay or there is a few other mailorder places. All my bikes are used with little use.
Yep, keep your eyes out. I have a new M5 MX for 90 off ebay and had a new GPV-1 for the same. Keep checking!.
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Old May 06, 2012, 09:45 PM
Joined Apr 2010
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro View Post
I wonder if its having a communication problem with the other radios your using but at the same time if its hard resetting that cant be the case. The ESC would go to failsafe mode and blink for loss of signal. If its shutting down then "rebooting" that is a connection problem somewhere in the system because its losing all power and then regaining it.

If you guys are having this issue please go over your wires and plugs and be sure they are all good an tight and solid connections. If the problem persists then send in your ESC so we can see this and issue and determine if its a defect or not.

I personally don't hear about this very often at all so Im not concerned about it being a big problem across all of the ESC's but it does make it disappointing for those that have this happen. Send me the ESC, worst case it might be a cheap fix best case we replace it for free.
Ok guys, I had this problem when i got this bike, After i change the ESC blue connector plug to Dean Plug (I'm using dean plug for my venom's LiPo and VMX ESC),the problem solved... I think is not the ESC problem, is just the connector problem.
alex515 is offline Find More Posts by alex515
Old May 06, 2012, 10:15 PM
Joined Apr 2009
2,582 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex515 View Post
Ok guys, I had this problem when i got this bike, After i change the ESC blue connector plug to Dean Plug (I'm using dean plug for my venom's LiPo and VMX ESC),the problem solved... I think is not the ESC problem, is just the connector problem.
thanks for the heads up. i'll redo the plug wire and see if it makes it go away.