HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 13, 2012, 12:42 PM
Joined Apr 2009
2,582 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro View Post
Yes the videos are for the latest version so you can see it in action.
Turn that frown upside down, when released there will be good news for all current VMX owners.
hey chris... i had mine out the other day and i still get the cut out on the esc. the only thing i can think of is it's lossing it's bind to the tx and this only happens in the outside when it gets wet but as soon as i bring it in and wipe it dry the bike runs again. i'm finaly dry enough up here as all the snows gone that i can see if this happens in dry conditions.
crash goodly is offline Find More Posts by crash goodly
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 13, 2012, 12:47 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
wait im a little confused lol , there is only one version out right now, and its been upgraded to the one i have now with the bigger hole for the battery wires, metal gyro gears, ect. and then you guys are coming out with a new version right?

Im thinking your coming out with a new version with a new type gyro that is compatible with the current version
Rellik is offline Find More Posts by Rellik
Old Mar 13, 2012, 01:23 PM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash goodly View Post
hey chris... i had mine out the other day and i still get the cut out on the esc. the only thing i can think of is it's lossing it's bind to the tx and this only happens in the outside when it gets wet but as soon as i bring it in and wipe it dry the bike runs again. i'm finaly dry enough up here as all the snows gone that i can see if this happens in dry conditions.
If the ON/OFF switch is dirty it can do this but if its running fine then the ESC resets or goes to LVCO mode then your battery pack could be weak. Clean up the switch and shoot some water proof silicone spray in there or something to keep the switch cleaner. Run it again with the same pack and see if it cuts out on the power or if it cuts out randomly. On power suggests the pack is weak, random suggests the switch or another connection problem.

See if you can isolate the problem and we can go from there.
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old Mar 13, 2012, 01:59 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,754 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik View Post
wait im a little confused lol , there is only one version out right now, and its been upgraded to the one i have now with the bigger hole for the battery wires, metal gyro gears, ect. and then you guys are coming out with a new version right?

Im thinking your coming out with a new version with a new type gyro that is compatible with the current version
I wouldnt get hung up on the situation. If they make some upgrades, it will be compatible with current bike no doubt. Maybe you wont necessarily need what comes out for your particular usage, we dont know. If your enjoying the bike now, thats the important thing right? Besides, what if its not released until later and you didnt buy the bike in first place and sat around all summer waiting. At least its not like an iphone or computer, where you buy it and its obsolete in a month.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Mar 13, 2012, 02:03 PM
Joined Apr 2009
2,582 Posts
Quote:
If the ON/OFF switch is dirty it can do this but if its running fine then the ESC resets or goes to LVCO mode then your battery pack could be weak. Clean up the switch and shoot some water proof silicone spray in there or something to keep the switch cleaner. Run it again with the same pack and see if it cuts out on the power or if it cuts out randomly. On power suggests the pack is weak, random suggests the switch or another connection problem.

See if you can isolate the problem and we can go from there.
hey chris. i ran it twice just now in the dry conditions we now have and no problem at all. it had to be moisture. my on off switch is gone and i soldered my rx leads direct to the pins then buried it all in silicone awhile back. i noticed condensation in the rx box after it came in from the cold when it shut down. next winter i'll bag the rx in a ballon. the battery is brand new and charges and balances fine. todays runs still have me laughing as this bike is a friggin riot and a half to play with. thanks again for checkin in.

mark.
crash goodly is offline Find More Posts by crash goodly
Old Mar 13, 2012, 03:24 PM
gjw
Joined Dec 2011
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deen247 View Post
hey try Gregor at rc-motorradshop hope that helps he is based in Germany and offers great service i have used him a lot
Thanks, I'll have a look.
gjw is offline Find More Posts by gjw
Old Mar 13, 2012, 03:27 PM
gjw
Joined Dec 2011
12 Posts
Quote:
Yikes! That wasn't cheap I bet. I'll ask our sales detp. about that. There has to be another option for you near by or at least in EU.
Thanks Chris, certainly a little more expensive than buying from the UK (if there were any dealers )
Old Mar 13, 2012, 03:31 PM
gjw
Joined Dec 2011
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TERRA NOVA View Post
Where are you? You could have bought the Rear Axle from Canada HERE
In the UK, the only problem is import tax. If a parcel is marked at over 15 we get stung with the tax and an admin fee
Old Mar 13, 2012, 04:33 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
I wouldnt get hung up on the situation. If they make some upgrades, it will be compatible with current bike no doubt. Maybe you wont necessarily need what comes out for your particular usage, we dont know. If your enjoying the bike now, thats the important thing right? Besides, what if its not released until later and you didnt buy the bike in first place and sat around all summer waiting. At least its not like an iphone or computer, where you buy it and its obsolete in a month.
That's what I was thinking, whatever the new one has will be compatible with the current one. I am out of commission till Thursday the stupid spur cover for the slipper clutch fell off, good thing I noticed it before running it in the sand and damaging my slipper clutch. No one around has them and I could only get one off eBay, I wish they came out with a cover that was a little better, maybe plastic with screws so it don't just pop off all The time. Today was 80 out and it was beautiful day to run a couple packs through her and get it all diled in, but something so stupid prevented me from doing that ( week design IMO )
Old Mar 13, 2012, 06:06 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,754 Posts
Yeah, you have to CA maybe 1-2 spots on just one side of the cover so you can still flip it open, but it stays on. I think a relatively easy upgrade of the gear cover for venom would be to remake the cover in a stronger plastic material that doesnt flex so much. Just looking at my sc10, it has a hard rubber piece that pops off for access to slipper and no way will it come off unless you really pry it off with a screwdriver or tuff finger nail. Soft rubber was wrong choice (hint hint Chris lol).
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Mar 13, 2012, 06:28 PM
LOTS of R/C's
Canada, AB, Stettler
Joined Oct 2011
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik View Post
That's what I was thinking, whatever the new one has will be compatible with the current one. I am out of commission till Thursday the stupid spur cover for the slipper clutch fell off, good thing I noticed it before running it in the sand and damaging my slipper clutch. No one around has them and I could only get one off eBay, I wish they came out with a cover that was a little better, maybe plastic with screws so it don't just pop off all The time. Today was 80 out and it was beautiful day to run a couple packs through her and get it all diled in, but something so stupid prevented me from doing that ( week design IMO )
I don't think that would have stopped me from running my VMX. We have a really great invention called Duck Tape. Works for almost everything. LOL
TERRA NOVA is offline Find More Posts by TERRA NOVA
Old Mar 13, 2012, 08:26 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Lmao! Trust me I thought of every thing I could think of to cover it, but I just don't want to take a risk of screwing up my slipper then it's back to the bench. One is on the way and it will b here Thursday so I'm impatiently waiting for it.

I have the slipper and the suspension dialed in where I like it so I'm going to wait.

I still have to dile in my radio though
Old Mar 14, 2012, 12:51 PM
Joined Feb 2004
4,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
Yeah, you have to CA maybe 1-2 spots on just one side of the cover so you can still flip it open, but it stays on. I think a relatively easy upgrade of the gear cover for venom would be to remake the cover in a stronger plastic material that doesnt flex so much. Just looking at my sc10, it has a hard rubber piece that pops off for access to slipper and no way will it come off unless you really pry it off with a screwdriver or tuff finger nail. Soft rubber was wrong choice (hint hint Chris lol).
If you guys only knew the story of the cover you would understand.
That was specified to be harder material but as it turned out we got too many soft parts into production before we knew it. In the next run they are specified, again, to be harder so they resist popping off.
When the riders foot is screwed to the foot peg it wont come off easily because its his foot/shin that kicks that cover off usually when the foot is loose. Since as it turns out most people run the VMX with the riders feet loose its become a new-ish issue so the cover needs to be even more stiff than before.
In the new version of the VMX it is one of my top items to make sure that cover is better than before.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 01:26 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
sorry did not mean to sound like i was bashing the product, just said it with the intentions of making a hint lol, the bike is great and i cant wait to see the new updated product
Last edited by Rellik; Mar 14, 2012 at 02:36 PM.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 04:36 PM
Joined Feb 2004
4,326 Posts
No worries I don't take it like that.
There are a ton of stories for every part of the bike as anyone who designs and produces a product can tell you. You win some you loose some.....even BMW's get recalls...LOL

Chris