HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 20, 2011, 11:22 AM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,311 Posts
Im checking for you if we have a refurb or something I'll let you know.
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 20, 2011, 02:32 PM
USA, CA, Walnut Creek
Joined Mar 2005
304 Posts
hi Chris-

i'm interested in a refurb, too, if you have find more than one to spare.

thanks
specriv is offline Find More Posts by specriv
Old Dec 20, 2011, 06:09 PM
Joined Feb 2004
4,311 Posts
OK well so far no luck but I have one more place to check.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 05:32 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2011
90 Posts
lipo batt vmx 450

Hi Chris maybe you can help me here please or any one else with input that would be great ........................I am using a Hitronex-7.4v 40c 2s2p 5000mah in my vmx i got two when i got vmx new local hobby guy recommend and own no other large lipos and not tried any another batt....when i run bike and the batt is just starting to run down a bit say after 8min the bike COMES to life in the handling dept,i mean it has not lost a huge amount of power either,is my batt too big????,or is it the burst rate or something i am a totally new to lipo and batt tech in generalthe bike goes from waggle and flipflops at times on full charged batt to as stable as a train and rips!! as batt just starts to run down......so what do you think?...
UFRC is offline Find More Posts by UFRC
Old Dec 25, 2011, 01:52 AM
Joined Feb 2004
4,311 Posts
The VMX has a lot of torque and so your seeing that at the top of the charge. There is nothing wrong with your battery packs. If anything it's showing you how to drive the bike with less throttle and more control. Also if you master throttle control you will get longer run times.
Enjoy your VMX, happy holidays!

Chris
Old Dec 29, 2011, 01:47 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2011
90 Posts
vmx 450 lead finger!

Thank you for quick reply there chris,good to know that my lipo ok,....next time i take the vmx for a burn i will think of yoda telling me "patience is key use the force..yes,yes,yes,...haahhaa,Still i might have to try a smaller less brutal lipo just to see what happens.....not sure what to get will go to Lhshop see whats there.
UFRC is offline Find More Posts by UFRC
Old Dec 29, 2011, 11:42 AM
Joined Sep 2004
91 Posts
hi, My bike has the stock brass pinion, I am after a larger 13T pinion as I run on a large flat field, is the 13T pinion made of Brass or Steel?
boomerang is offline Find More Posts by boomerang
Old Dec 30, 2011, 12:04 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3 Posts
he guys, my vmx 450 ESC cooling fan comes on everytime i start the bike and i cant get it to go off is it meant to be like that
jackbear123 is offline Find More Posts by jackbear123
Old Dec 30, 2011, 12:32 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Dec 2009
1,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackbear123 View Post
he guys, my vmx 450 ESC cooling fan comes on everytime i start the bike and i cant get it to go off is it meant to be like that
As long as your on switch is on... the fan should be running.
621clay is offline Find More Posts by 621clay
Old Dec 30, 2011, 12:36 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3 Posts
thanks dude also the red light flashes constantly on the ESC while in the neutral position
Old Dec 30, 2011, 01:34 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Dec 2009
1,130 Posts
yes. i do believe it should
621clay is offline Find More Posts by 621clay
Old Dec 30, 2011, 03:26 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3 Posts
ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by 621clay View Post
yes. i do believe it should
ok only checking with the pros cus the instructions are a pile of w**k and dont explain it well enough
Old Dec 31, 2011, 09:21 PM
Joined Dec 2010
885 Posts
I got mine at the LHS last night and ran it for the first time today and it is a lot of fun!

This is my first RC bike and I thought I make a big mistake trying it out for the first time on my neighborhood street, couldn't keep it on two wheels long enough to do anything, then I took it to the local soccer field and had no problem keeping it upright and buzzing around the field.

I did have my first part break, hit a wooden curb around a gravel pit and broke the bottom out of the shock. I already had the hop-up shock on the way so will be a few days before I can get in another run.

I also just finished reading the entire thread, not sure if mine has the plastic gears or not, it came with the steel gears in the small box and said I might need them or something like that. Other than having to put on a deans connector it was working out of the box just fine so far. I did loosen the slipper a little too much since I didn't want strip out the plastic gears before getting a chance to make sure the electronics were working correctly in case I needed to return it.

I'm was able to fit a protek 5600 in there by making a bullet connector to deans adapter and soldering the bullets on at a 90deg angle. I use those batts in my sc104x4 so I figure it would supply plenty of power.

I would really like to use one of these: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html I think it's just a little longer than the 5600 I have in there now. Anyone tried it?
Mizchief is offline Find More Posts by Mizchief
Old Jan 01, 2012, 10:07 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizchief View Post
I'm was able to fit a protek 5600 in there by making a bullet connector to deans adapter and soldering the bullets on at a 90deg angle. I use those batts in my sc104x4 so I figure it would supply plenty of power.

I would really like to use one of these: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html I think it's just a little longer than the 5600 I have in there now. Anyone tried it?
I have Gen Ace 2s 5000mah 50c hard case batteries that require bullet connectors just like your picture. I was given a simple suggestion early on in thread...to drill out 2 holes in frame where I know the bullets would stick out. I sit the batteries as low as possible instead of pushing them all the way up. Venom redesigned this area of frame to allow for this battery type but sounds like you got first version.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Jan 01, 2012, 10:38 PM
Joined Dec 2010
885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
I have Gen Ace 2s 5000mah 50c hard case batteries that require bullet connectors just like your picture. I was given a simple suggestion early on in thread...to drill out 2 holes in frame where I know the bullets would stick out. I sit the batteries as low as possible instead of pushing them all the way up. Venom redesigned this area of frame to allow for this battery type but sounds like you got first version.
Do you know what part number I would need to order to get the upgraded version? While my method works, it's a bit of a pain to get the batteries in an out. Do you know what changed? Maybe I do have the newer version but just doing it wrong.
Mizchief is offline Find More Posts by Mizchief