Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 14, 2011, 03:39 PM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwazyduck View Post
You're welcome UFRC.
We're all on this forum to help each other and share what we've learned to make these bikes work the best they can. I think a really big thanks has to goto Chris and the Venom team for coming up with the information series videos to help out with some of the maintenance on these bikes. Hopefully there will be a few more to help with some of the tuning and even some basic and maybe more advanced driving tips with bike and radio pic in pic style videos.
Thanks, we are working on more unique things and more informative content so stay tuned!

Chris
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2011, 06:12 PM
Minnesota
Joined Apr 2010
38 Posts
C'mon Chris....throw us a bone! what else is coming? hint at least
70 Mach 1 is offline Find More Posts by 70 Mach 1
Old Dec 14, 2011, 07:18 PM
Joined Feb 2004
4,315 Posts

Old Dec 15, 2011, 08:45 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2011
90 Posts
striped thread r/w cover

Has anyone got an idea how to fix striped ,rounded thread on in main rear wheel cover(with out buying new rw set),there is ten allen key bolts that screw into plastic rim holding cover,.....4 have striped now.i remember one was striped,( no hold going round and round) when i got bike new!......i have had cover off @7 times by hand no electric powerd drivers,at the moment using locktite wich dont do sh:censored but stop bolts falling out.........i thought maybe i could use bigger boltsnaa that would make a probable weight in difference i guess, i dont know how to repair this......... any boddgy lol help please ,im sure one or two or 3... of you have had this problem???????
UFRC is offline Find More Posts by UFRC
Old Dec 16, 2011, 01:08 PM
Joined Feb 2004
4,315 Posts
You can use thin CA glue to help make a thread again but it wont last long and you can glue the parts together if not done carefully. You can change them all over to standard screws like 4-40 and use aluminum socket head screws, that would look cool too.

Im not sure if there are brass or steel thread inserts that would work in this case due to the thin wall of the part. If I find any Ill let you guys know.

You can also try a longer M3 screw and drill the hole and tap it deeper.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 04:42 PM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro View Post

What's the ETA of the electric gyro?
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
Old Dec 16, 2011, 05:38 PM
Joined May 2000
2,023 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFRC View Post
Has anyone got an idea how to fix striped ,rounded thread on in main rear wheel cover(with out buying new rw set),there is ten allen key bolts that screw into plastic rim holding cover,.....4 have striped now.i remember one was striped,( no hold going round and round) when i got bike new!......i have had cover off @7 times by hand no electric powerd drivers,at the moment using locktite wich dont do sh:censored but stop bolts falling out.........i thought maybe i could use bigger boltsnaa that would make a probable weight in difference i guess, i dont know how to repair this......... any boddgy lol help please ,im sure one or two or 3... of you have had this problem???????
I have had luck with plastic screw holes deforming them with a heated tool or soldering iron, you constrict the hole, and it taps new threads. You have to be carefull however.
RICH S is offline Find More Posts by RICH S
Old Dec 16, 2011, 08:27 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2011
90 Posts
rear wheel thread repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro View Post
You can use thin CA glue to help make a thread again but it wont last long and you can glue the parts together if not done carefully. You can change them all over to standard screws like 4-40 and use aluminum socket head screws, that would look cool too.

Im not sure if there are brass or steel thread inserts that would work in this case due to the thin wall of the part. If I find any Ill let you guys know.

You can also try a longer M3 screw and drill the hole and tap it deeper.
Thanks,chris and rich s,i have wheel apart atm and going to atempt a mix of your ideas,some alloy bolts from uni fasteners sounds like a plan,......worst case buy a new wheel set,no big deal.......Chris maybe you have a spare carbon fiber rear wheel prototype just laying around you could send me for xmass haaaaaa.................Thanks THIS thread ROCKS and so dose the VMX and rolls sometimes!!! lol,....when i bought my vmx i would never of thought it came with great free web support, advice and up coming insight from the creator and c.o,great work chris thanks and thanks to all you fellow vmx owners out there for your help and a merry christmas to you all ,may your tree be full of rc!!!............................................. .............also whilst i am ranting lol,my wish list for the vmx would be 1-improved gyro design for the stability on slower corners ect,2-Real rear wheel Chan tension adjusters like on full scale,3-improved guid wire setup that wont snap or come loose,4-a rear wheelie bar setup that wont always bend and break my plastic fantastic body,5-new rider design lower stance and leg boot toe in lol to stop grinding away of feet on rider,last but not least a gearing pak to push the vmx to 100mph..........
Old Dec 16, 2011, 10:57 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,740 Posts
UFRC, you realize practically all of your list is possible right now dont you?
1. chris is working on prototype
2. You see my post on previous page 152 right? Click the images, the link to venom.
3. buy 1/4" dia 6/6 black nylon rods and bore out your guide holes to match. I now use body clips instead of set screws.
4. Working on a setup using same nylon rod material - will get back to you.
5. I chopped my rider to make stance I wanted but I do now have issues with tearing around areas I had to use ca glue.
5. Dont bolt feet with stock setup. I used wire and fuel tubing to creat stirrups that allow me to keep the boots tight against frame and his toes straight instead of wide stance.
6. lol
JohnnyMc is online now Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Dec 17, 2011, 04:26 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2011
90 Posts
rep to j mc

yep johnny,cheers 1-the gyro was has not been confirmed as such has it???,....when you were contemplating selling your bike i wrote smthing along the line of hang in there venom may bring out a version 2.0,then chris posted a hint of this after so lets hope all goes well there.2-i did see the new chain tension items dont know if any good will have to try,i was thinking more of similar to full scale FULLY adjustable not 1.5 spacer bolts or what ever it is, still have to try and see.3- NOW thats a good idea i like that no bolts but clips will do that.4-yes plz get back on that sounds good,i thought it tends to bend because of where the mount bols are too far from end thus not as ridged, maybe another support near end of tail hmm5-good idea im sure that works for you but if i was to attack that surgery it would fail im sure,something factory bolt on would be ideal...6-yep that was a joke but dammm 100mph and a set of wings
Old Dec 17, 2011, 02:59 PM
Joined Sep 2004
91 Posts
Just picked up a VMX 450, it came with a 4000 25c lipo, could do with a 5000 to increase run time can anyone recommend a suitable battery, thanks.
boomerang is offline Find More Posts by boomerang
Old Dec 17, 2011, 04:00 PM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,153 Posts
Hobbyking always has good prices on batts. Take a look at their Turnigy brand. But if it has to ship from Asia to the US, it takes forever with standard shipping -- up to 3 weeks.
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Old Dec 17, 2011, 04:57 PM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guidoracer View Post
Hobbyking always has good prices on batts. Take a look at their Turnigy brand. But if it has to ship from Asia to the US, it takes forever with standard shipping -- up to 3 weeks.
use the USA distributor for 3 day shipping!
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
Old Dec 18, 2011, 11:52 AM
Joined Sep 2004
91 Posts
Thanks guys, is the turnigy brand OK.
boomerang is offline Find More Posts by boomerang
Old Dec 19, 2011, 11:26 PM
Joined Dec 2011
1 Posts
Lookin to buy a used venom 450 dirt bike any body know where I can get one at
Bigkiki is offline Find More Posts by Bigkiki