SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 12, 2011, 07:11 PM
Joined May 2000
2,023 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
Rich, just curious but regarding your gyro, you mentioned before you dont recall seeing the red bushing installed in back wheel. Did you get that part installed or not?

BTW, steering is steering, its all the same setup.

Got the red spacer in the rear wheel, the gyro works great the plastic housing just wears out after 20 or so runs. On our clutches on nitro heli's we actually use a liner material ,and replace once in a while but it lasts quite a while. So all rc bikes use the "turn left to go right" steering set-up? I put the dirt tires back on, will it run on pavement at all with them to practice a little with? The snow is disappearing for a while, maybe I'll get a few more runs
RICH S is offline Find More Posts by RICH S
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2011, 08:19 PM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,168 Posts
Just to be clear, yes -- turn radio wheel right, bike fork turns to the left, bike falls to the right, bike turns right. :-)
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Old Dec 12, 2011, 08:58 PM
dammachines
United States, DC, Washington
Joined Feb 2004
1,376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICH S View Post
So all rc bikes use the "turn left to go right" steering set-up?
Yup, same as any bike. -- Or most any single-track vehicles I suppose.
dmincin is online now Find More Posts by dmincin
Old Dec 13, 2011, 03:33 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2011
90 Posts
need help plz

when i first got my vmx,it came with the plastic gears they lasted a while until a mate had a drive and did not listen to my instructions to go easy feed on throttle,chewed them to bits.so got steel ones free from Lhs,whilst removing and replace i found the red spacer floating around!what is this from i looked in manual no clue,i presumed it was a spacer for body.after reading the recent posts mentioning it could SOMEONE PLease post a pic or explain exact where it goes thanks.I have my gyro rear ass setup as per manual inst,it dose slop about in rear wheel when assembled,if you shake it as such,is this normal?am i missing spacer placement?
UFRC is offline Find More Posts by UFRC
Old Dec 13, 2011, 09:04 AM
Lloydminster AB
Joined Dec 2010
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFRC View Post
could SOMEONE PLease post a pic or explain exact where it goes thanks.
Check out this link straight from Chris, at 3:24 he mentions the spacer and installs it.
Venom information series, rear wheel assembly
cwazyduck is offline Find More Posts by cwazyduck
Old Dec 13, 2011, 10:20 AM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,758 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICH S View Post
Got the red spacer in the rear wheel, the gyro works great the plastic housing just wears out after 20 or so runs. On our clutches on nitro heli's we actually use a liner material ,and replace once in a while but it lasts quite a while. So all rc bikes use the "turn left to go right" steering set-up? I put the dirt tires back on, will it run on pavement at all with them to practice a little with? The snow is disappearing for a while, maybe I'll get a few more runs
Take a picture of your plastic housing where its turning to dust. This is from the gyro clutch plates right? Is it the sides of the housing or outer circumfrance wearing out? If its the sides, you need to shim the housing. If its the outer, check to make sure the gap plates can spread is between 2.5-3mm, if its more, the loctite didnt hold is my guess. Just my 2 cents.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Dec 13, 2011, 11:14 AM
gjw
Joined Dec 2011
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro View Post
Keep me informed on your parts issue and we can be sure to get you whats missing as soon as possible. Which store are you working with?

Chris
Thanks Chris

I bought the bike from Modelsport UK (via ebay), I must say they were very quick to respond when I advised them of the issue. I'm guessing they have contacted CML distribution to send out the missing parts.
gjw is offline Find More Posts by gjw
Old Dec 13, 2011, 11:32 AM
www.motounoacinque.it
Italy, Apulia, Taranto
Joined Dec 2009
28 Posts
Venom on a podium ... http://www.motounoacinque.it/compone...sino-2011.html
giakomo65 is offline Find More Posts by giakomo65
Old Dec 13, 2011, 05:04 PM
Joined May 2000
2,023 Posts
Quote:
Take a picture of your plastic housing where its turning to dust. This is from the gyro clutch plates right? Is it the sides of the housing or outer circumfrance wearing out? If its the sides, you need to shim the housing. If its the outer, check to make sure the gap plates can spread is between 2.5-3mm, if its more, the loctite didnt hold is my guess. Just my 2 cents.
Just curious, at what point on your throttle does your gyro engage?, right at about 1/4 throtttle, mine engages pretty good, as it wears, it takes longer and longer (when the housing wears). The gyro housing wears on the inner diameter, the aluminum clutch just sands it down. With a fresh gyro housing and the clutch set at the 2.5 -3.0 mm it works great, then goes away after 20 or so runs.
RICH S is offline Find More Posts by RICH S
Old Dec 13, 2011, 06:08 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2011
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwazyduck View Post
Check out this link straight from Chris, at 3:24 he mentions the spacer and installs it.
Venom information series, rear wheel assembly
Thank you CWAZYDUCK for your quick responce and prob solved,
UFRC is offline Find More Posts by UFRC
Old Dec 13, 2011, 07:30 PM
Lloydminster AB
Joined Dec 2010
50 Posts
You're welcome UFRC.
We're all on this forum to help each other and share what we've learned to make these bikes work the best they can. I think a really big thanks has to goto Chris and the Venom team for coming up with the information series videos to help out with some of the maintenance on these bikes. Hopefully there will be a few more to help with some of the tuning and even some basic and maybe more advanced driving tips with bike and radio pic in pic style videos.
cwazyduck is offline Find More Posts by cwazyduck
Old Dec 14, 2011, 10:28 AM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,758 Posts
new stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by giakomo65 View Post
2nd place, congratulations.

I saw these yesterday. Just thought Id pass it along...
and
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Dec 14, 2011, 02:12 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Dec 2009
1,130 Posts
Quote:

and
Where do i get the tensioners and what is the shaft parts for?
621clay is offline Find More Posts by 621clay
Old Dec 14, 2011, 02:53 PM
www.motounoacinque.it
Italy, Apulia, Taranto
Joined Dec 2009
28 Posts
Quote:

and
Thanks!!!
giakomo65 is offline Find More Posts by giakomo65
Old Dec 14, 2011, 03:37 PM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,336 Posts
The front axle set is for accurate spacing of the forks to control the alignment better. I found that with heavy use the fork lower leg clamps can spread apart. This eliminates that and makes the forks true to the triple clamps.

By heavy use I mean jumping 6+ feet high and 20+ feet far over and over again at high speed.

The chain tensioner set has 0.5mm and 1.0mm shims to accurately set the chain tension.

These just arrived here so there is stock available right now if your interested.

Chris
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro