SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 08, 2011, 11:39 AM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFRC View Post
johnny,good luck with that hope you get what you want for your bike,no disrespect to you but that sounds like my wife talking to me(why dont you sell some so you got one of each!!no way i say i love my back room sure its overcrowded with,planes, buggies,truggys, boats, hellis, bikes,....i worked hard for that!!....im the same as 70 mach one do not race comp freeride bashing .I do think the VMX can 100% be used for dirtbike comp racing,you just need the right TRACK,eg-smooth flowing with good traction dirt with some grass sections i guess.Now if you are trying to drive it around a typical tight hard pack buggy truggy track not so good,IS there any rc dirt bike out there that will perform on 4wheel tracks???...............When or if VENOM make the VMX 2.0you can forfill you dirtbike racing dreams
Maybe thats why I post here, so other people can make more sense than I am. I tend to get an idea in my head to do something and its hard to put on the brakes and see if its worth doing in the long run. UFRC, your right it sounds like my wife would say something like that. Maybe she's been subliminaly sending me those thoughts dang her lol. Im gonna keep the bike for now! I got a lot of stuff to do with the other bike in the mean time. Considering this is my main hobby, it makes more sense to have both a 1/5 and 1/4 bike for tracks just like rskip is talking about, where maybe a bigger 1/4 bike is less suited than 1/5. Yay me.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2011, 07:40 PM
Joined Jun 2009
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
Maybe thats why I post here, so other people can make more sense than I am. I tend to get an idea in my head to do something and its hard to put on the brakes and see if its worth doing in the long run. UFRC, your right it sounds like my wife would say something like that. Maybe she's been subliminaly sending me those thoughts dang her lol. Im gonna keep the bike for now! I got a lot of stuff to do with the other bike in the mean time. Considering this is my main hobby, it makes more sense to have both a 1/5 and 1/4 bike for tracks just like rskip is talking about, where maybe a bigger 1/4 bike is less suited than 1/5. Yay me.
JohnnyMc, you've got a potential buyer for your bike here in Texas if/when you decide to let it go. I, too, would like to narrow it down to just 1 dirt bike that will hold up (if there is such a thing).
Red
reddyrightnow is offline Find More Posts by reddyrightnow
Old Dec 08, 2011, 07:58 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Dec 2009
1,130 Posts
Where in Texas are you?
621clay is offline Find More Posts by 621clay
Old Dec 09, 2011, 05:26 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2011
90 Posts
resp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jena67 View Post
UFRC,
there are bikes out there that can do it...
Just look videos.
Ciao.
Thanks for that jena,i did watch your videos ,i see you are a big fan of the arx or is it arc,anyway that bike looks super stable must have a sweet gyro!!...now if i could tweek my vmx gyro to that spec
UFRC is offline Find More Posts by UFRC
Old Dec 09, 2011, 05:57 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2011
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
HAaaaaa,thats the way johnny my man,good...dont worry about you just human,anyway its all the girls fault lol....In the picture you can hopefully see i have realocated on off switch to on mid bars,connected a airduct cooling mtr and caps for the hot weather over here in australia.
Last edited by UFRC; Dec 09, 2011 at 07:22 AM. Reason: ed -can not spell fore sh..
Old Dec 09, 2011, 11:27 AM
Joined Jun 2009
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 621clay View Post
Where in Texas are you?
DFW near Mike's hobby shop
reddyrightnow is offline Find More Posts by reddyrightnow
Old Dec 09, 2011, 12:00 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,130 Posts
Dam, we are near mikes hobby shop in Porter Texas Ne of Houston about 30 mintues. We are talking about going to mikes for a F1 race in feb and bringing some bikes to play with. Do they have a large outdoor on road track besides the Indoor carpet? Also is it smooth like glass? A few of us are working on motard bikes to start racing, you should make it down here for next years schedule.
Old Dec 09, 2011, 12:35 PM
Joined Sep 2005
255 Posts
DFW Mike's has fun indoor dirt track, a nice outdoor dirt track, and a carpet track, they don't have a standard onroad track that I saw anyway, maybe out back, I didn't look behind the building. But that was about 7 months ago that I was last over there. May try and get over there when I am up for Christmas.
staltus is offline Find More Posts by staltus
Old Dec 09, 2011, 01:25 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,130 Posts
Nice Avatar Steve!!
Old Dec 09, 2011, 02:23 PM
Joined Sep 2005
255 Posts
Figured you would like seeing your bike there. I told you with a crop and zoom that shot would be pretty good.
staltus is offline Find More Posts by staltus
Old Dec 09, 2011, 03:04 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,130 Posts
Its my screen saver and desk top at home!
Old Dec 09, 2011, 07:23 PM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,378 Posts
I can tell you guys that the next generation of the VMX will be stable enough you can race on typical indoor warehouse concrete its just a matter of a little more time. So hang in there and racing on tight tracks will become a reality very soon I can assure you.

Thats my little X_Mas gift...a little piece of mind that we have not forgotten our loyal customers and supporters and that we are working on the next evolution of the VMX to make it even better.
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old Dec 09, 2011, 08:02 PM
Lloydminster AB
Joined Dec 2010
50 Posts
very cool, I'm looking forward to seeing the new upgrades, and can the be retro fit onto to the original.
cwazyduck is offline Find More Posts by cwazyduck
Old Dec 10, 2011, 07:53 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2011
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro View Post
I can tell you guys that the next generation of the VMX will be stable enough you can race on typical indoor warehouse concrete its just a matter of a little more time. So hang in there and racing on tight tracks will become a reality very soon I can assure you.

Thats my little X_Mas gift...a little piece of mind that we have not forgotten our loyal customers and supporters and that we are working on the next evolution of the VMX to make it even better.
hi chris,you dont know(well you do lol)how sweet it is to read that info from you thankyou thats just what i wanted to hear!!to me it was like a scoop,breaking news!!i rang my fellow VMX buddies and had to tell them,.......
Last edited by UFRC; Dec 10, 2011 at 07:53 AM. Reason: spelling again!!!
Old Dec 10, 2011, 08:18 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2011
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwazyduck View Post
very cool, I'm looking forward to seeing the new upgrades, and can the be retro fit onto to the original.
cwazyduck,i bet its a slick new gyro retro fit or ass replacement eg rear wheel.that would be my guess.....i knew venom would come through..i mentioned to johnny a few posts back hang in and maybe you could forfill your dirtbike racing dreams when the ver 2.0 vmx comes out!!