HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 26, 2011, 01:48 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Dec 2009
1,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by patric111 View Post
Love the vmx, have a couple questions though.

What do you use to measure the gyro clutch setting?

What oil do you use to lube the gyro gears?
2.5mm gap for aggresive driving... I just stick a 2.5 mm allen wrench in the gap and tighten down as it clamps the allen down.. As for the gears... im not sure you should lube them unless your braking them in... I would wait for some other opinions on that one.
621clay is offline Find More Posts by 621clay
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2011, 04:49 PM
Kingdom of Sweden, Scania County, Helsingborg
Joined Oct 2011
18 Posts
just looked at all pages on this thread but i cant find a solution for my problem with rear wheel.

Were was i suposed to put shims?

thanx for help
alex_side is offline Find More Posts by alex_side
Old Oct 26, 2011, 05:07 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_side View Post
just looked at all pages on this thread but i cant find a solution for my problem with rear wheel.

Were was i suposed to put shims?

thanx for help
Just a tip to help find what you need:
- click "search this thread"
- type 2 key words... "wheel shim"

You'll see about 14 posts that previous guys have discussed on shimming the wheel up.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Oct 27, 2011, 05:49 AM
Joined Oct 2011
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
Just a tip to help find what you need:
- click "search this thread"
- type 2 key words... "wheel shim"

You'll see about 14 posts that previous guys have discussed on shimming the wheel up.
I did this but i still dont understand where to put more shims

can anyone show a picture?that would be very helpful

Feels so sorry for vinnie,hes just sitting in a corner looking sad^^
Old Oct 27, 2011, 03:12 PM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,350 Posts
Can you explain your problem to me and maybe I can help you.

Chris
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old Oct 27, 2011, 03:44 PM
Joined Oct 2011
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro View Post
Can you explain your problem to me and maybe I can help you.

Chris
Hey chris!

The problem started with the center axle pin,it broke in 3 pieces. bought new ones from bruce and also the heavy duty gear support + shims and stuff.

When i had put it all together folowing the manual and was about to try it the back wheel will not move at all. if i losen the left nut on the axle (from behind the bike) i can turn the wheel by hand.as soon as i tighten the nut again the wheel gets stuck.

Had it completely stripped down more than 4 times now but cant find anything.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 10:41 AM
Joined Feb 2004
4,350 Posts
Ahh ok I see. What did you add for shims in the assembly? The parts are too tight and the axle nuts are binding the assembly together so something is not spaced correctly.

If you strip it down to the basic standard parts and rebuild it does it do this also? If so then then there is a bad part in the assembly that is out of tolerance.

Its ok for the spool/flywheel to have some side to side play. You don't have to shim out every thousandth of space in this assembly its designed to be free so it wont bind up. The rear wheel can flex and the flywheel can touch the inside at times this is normal.

Same goes for the ring gear and the planetary gears, they dont have to be perfectly aligned because the ring gear is twice as wide as the planetary gears. Due to wheel flex they move around anyway.

Let me know how it goes and if you have a bad part we will replace it for you. If you dont mind a small tweak like filing/sanding some part then you will be on your way pretty quickly. Lets ID that part and go from there.

Chirs
Old Oct 28, 2011, 11:05 AM
Joined Oct 2011
18 Posts
Wohoo i made it work!

I tried the original parts like u said chris, and everything worked fine.
Dont know if the heavy duty gear support is exactly the same as original one?.
But the solution was to put one shim between bearing and gear support (picture) now it runs perfectly

Thank u so much for help!
And thanks to bruce for the parts and fast shipping

Love the VMX!
Old Oct 28, 2011, 10:27 PM
Joined Feb 2004
4,350 Posts
Awesome have fun!
Old Oct 28, 2011, 10:53 PM
Joined Oct 2011
92 Posts
Is now the time?

I've been waiting to buy one of these bikes since they came out. Been watching these threads and following along on how everyone is doing with theirs and the issues people have been having etc. Has anyone bought/received one of the new and improved bikes and how are they? What I'm trying to figure out is...do I press the order button now or keep waiting?? LOL thanks guys...
10mtnRC is offline Find More Posts by 10mtnRC
Old Oct 29, 2011, 11:21 AM
DLAWW
Socal
Joined Dec 2005
798 Posts
My experience is push the button and order it and see what fun you can have setting it up and getting it to work to your liking. You can't really go on what everyone says, because one person may be a better tuner than the next. I've been working on Rc Bikes for a while so I love getting to know a bike and work on making it perform better. Thats part of the fun for me, I can say the VMX right out of the box is very user friendly. Checkout my Youtube Channel DLAWW1 VMX BASHING.

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://w...T26FIvnZFjnKzw
DLAWW is offline Find More Posts by DLAWW
Old Oct 30, 2011, 09:23 AM
Joined Oct 2011
92 Posts
Yeah I already checked out your vid dlaww pretty nice. I see what your saying about tuning. Just don't want to have some of the major issues some people are having. I'll just jump in and see what happens I'm tired of waiting anyways and it seems like now is the time. Thanks for the advice and would like to see some more vids.
10mtnRC is offline Find More Posts by 10mtnRC
Old Oct 30, 2011, 05:27 PM
Gregor from Germany
Nuremberg, Germany
Joined Aug 2006
52 Posts
Hello guys,

just a simple question, a customer of mine accidentally turned on the receiver before the transmitter, now the radio system doesn't work any more and just makes a lot of beep sounds. But in the manual there is no information on how to start a new bining process.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!
Gregor
RC-Motorradshop is offline Find More Posts by RC-Motorradshop
Old Oct 31, 2011, 12:20 AM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-Motorradshop View Post
Hello guys,

just a simple question, a customer of mine accidentally turned on the receiver before the transmitter, now the radio system doesn't work any more and just makes a lot of beep sounds. But in the manual there is no information on how to start a new bining process.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!
Gregor
Yeah, theres nothing in the manuals. There is a button on the rx to press and hold. I think that is the bind button. I pressed / held that button down when I was setting up the rx & tx to a different esc/motor.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Oct 31, 2011, 12:02 PM
DLAWW
Socal
Joined Dec 2005
798 Posts
There is a process in the manual that covers this issue. It sounds like the ESC is in programming mode, the manual will tell you how to get out of it.
DLAWW is offline Find More Posts by DLAWW