Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 07, 2011, 12:20 PM
Joined Dec 2007
11 Posts
Thanks everyone for the suggestions

I think the slipper is tight enough and I do understand we are talking brake force coming from the motor rather than any form of friction.
I know when I was using the bike it was no where near locking the wheel under full braking, but it was not freewheeling either.
If I hold it in my hand rev it then hit the brake yes the wheel does stop and if I try to turn it there is a very light force which goes away if I move the throttle to neutral.

If the rain ever stops here I will try it again and report back
dee436 is offline Find More Posts by dee436
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 07, 2011, 12:27 PM
never stop building
Memphis, TN USA
Joined Apr 2009
934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro View Post
Have you guys gone through the set up procedure on the Spektrum system and set the default position or fail safe position of the servos? From what I can remember right now from all of the aircraft Rx's and planes I set up if you set this once they dont move or hardly move when the radio is turned on. I have 3 or 4 surface Rx's and set up touring cars and bikes and dont remember having this issue either. I did cruch a servo when the radio was on the wrong model and turned on.

Its worth a double look.
Chris I will check that thanks. I'm thinking its more of an airtronics start up issue than the speltrum module problem ...stay tuned I will/need this problem resolved
dragbikebam is offline Find More Posts by dragbikebam
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPM 4 stroke Testing and Run In
Old Sep 07, 2011, 04:08 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Dec 2009
1,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro View Post
Have you guys gone through the set up procedure on the Spektrum system and set the default position or fail safe position of the servos? From what I can remember right now from all of the aircraft Rx's and planes I set up if you set this once they dont move or hardly move when the radio is turned on. I have 3 or 4 surface Rx's and set up touring cars and bikes and dont remember having this issue either. I did cruch a servo when the radio was on the wrong model and turned on.

Its worth a double look.
This is a good idea, and makes perfect sence. Ill have to bind my stuff again tonight. Thanks Chris!
621clay is offline Find More Posts by 621clay
Old Sep 07, 2011, 05:25 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,721 Posts
Shameless plug...added 2 vids (not mine) of the vmx to my youtube channel focused on rc dirt bikes (these placed in the bashing playlist) @ http://www.youtube.com/user/RCDirtBikeAction

Here's one of the two I added, from venom group, with a lot of the same footage we've seen before, but also some new small clips of footage including that mysterious "track day footage" we never got lol.
Venom Hottest Toys on the Planet (6 min 36 sec)
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Sep 07, 2011, 06:10 PM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,307 Posts
Hahaha yeah there it is, fun video shoot too.
There is more RC track footage that has not been processed yet and I wish it was because you would see some really cool full speed hard braking and drifting into turn #1 left hander that looked justlike a full scale bike doing it. I was testing tires and set up so there were some very good laps with the stock mechanical gyro believe it or not.
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old Sep 08, 2011, 08:00 AM
United Kingdom, England, Worksop
Joined May 2011
194 Posts
Great Video.......but how about some spares over in the UK??? still waiting for parts Chris......Nobody has any.......my drive shaft is still stuck in the US, looking at the tracking....very slow....nearly 3 months now without no play.

Kev
madbadger is offline Find More Posts by madbadger
Old Sep 08, 2011, 09:45 AM
Joined Nov 2006
22 Posts
I have been totally loving my VMX. I have 70 packs through it and I love roosting it. I just did some work on the rear wheel and lost some parts like the spacers and businhgs. Is there a parts kit with all of the spacers and bushings in it? Its not the 0494, 0493, or 0492. I am having a hard time finding exploded views of the parts on line too. Any help would be appreciated.
danyak is offline Find More Posts by danyak
Old Sep 08, 2011, 10:24 AM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,721 Posts
spacer set 410?

You have the manual? http://www.venom-group.com/mmVENOMGR...n%20Manual.pdf
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Sep 08, 2011, 07:01 PM
never stop building
Memphis, TN USA
Joined Apr 2009
934 Posts
I got some stealth tires and was wondering if anyone has tried running the bike without the gyro on a street set up..think it would work?
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPM 4 stroke Testing and Run In
Old Sep 09, 2011, 10:14 AM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,307 Posts
Its possible but you have to add weight to the front wheel.
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old Sep 09, 2011, 02:32 PM
never stop building
Memphis, TN USA
Joined Apr 2009
934 Posts
[QUOTE=Chris Nicastro;19269812]Its possible but you have to add weight to the

) after driving mine on road a little I'm very intrested in keeping it on road its way fun. maybe a steel inner ring instead of a plastic one
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by dragbikebam; Sep 10, 2011 at 12:30 AM.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 03:37 PM
never stop building
Memphis, TN USA
Joined Apr 2009
934 Posts
I just tested my vmx on road with stealth tires and the gyro removed.....it went in
a straight line very well but turning is next to impossible..I did get it to make a few laps but very slowly, Any interruption in the flow and it just starts flipping. After many attempts I gave up but the possibility is there...I will add weight to the front wheel as Chris suggested and see how it gos I think this bike would be indestructible once set up right for road use And that means less down time and more fun as compared to my delicate 5th scales
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by dragbikebam; Sep 10, 2011 at 09:59 PM.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 04:06 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Dec 2009
1,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragbikebam View Post
I just tested my vmx on road with stealth tires and the gyro removed.....it went in
a straight line very well but turning is next to impossible..I did get it to make a few laps but very slowly, Any interruption in the flow and it just starts flipping. After many attempts I gave up but the possibility is there...I will add weight to the front wheel as Chris suggested and see how it gos...the reasons I'm doing this is because with all my on road 5th experience I think this bike would be indestructible once set up right for road use And that means less down time and more fun...
This is something i want to try very badly, just havent had the chance to throw the money down on the tires and brake kit just yet, still overwhelmed by the Gpv still. Everything else has lost my interest at this time. Im excited to see how your bike will handle.... Could you make video during your progress? Just curious?
621clay is offline Find More Posts by 621clay
Old Sep 10, 2011, 10:11 PM
never stop building
Memphis, TN USA
Joined Apr 2009
934 Posts
Since I had the gyro out I went ahead and installed my Mamba Max 5700 system. It did great without the drag of the gyro...later today I threw my gyro back in just to have a little fun but left the 5700 in, it fried the motor about half way through the pack. I know what I did was wrong but hey I'm r and d'n here as for video if I get it to drive and handle without the gyro I will for sure post a video but right now it's not looking good. Aluminum wheels might do the trick
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by dragbikebam; Sep 10, 2011 at 10:38 PM.
Old Sep 11, 2011, 07:12 AM
Joined Dec 2007
11 Posts
Got chance to try the VMX again this morning.
Although it gets nowhere near locking the back wheel under braking I cant say it doesn't slow down.
I have the front brake kit on its way so the amount of rear wheel braking will probably turn out to be about right when mixed in with the front.

Spent most of the morning driving up and down doing wheelies so the chain is quit loose now, going to check out the earlier posts about this.

Wish my 1:1 supermoto was as tough as this
dee436 is offline Find More Posts by dee436